The Comfort [위로]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- Tell Me Your Love by Trax [click here]

[Double Update- read Ch. 8 if you haven't already!]

It had been almost a week since everyone had last seen Hanseul. It was as if she had quarantined herself inside her own room. No one spoke.

However, they did interrogate the once-vampire humans. It was really peculiar. All of them were 100% human, but they remembered everything that happened. They were too dangerous to leave alive; they were all executed after they had been thoroughly interrogated. They hadn't found out anything new. More demons were being released and the purpose of the raid was to throw back weapon supplies. 

Leo scratched his head. "This is the absolute longest time I've ever seen Hanseul lock herself up. The girl can't hold a grudge. She should be out soon..." He trailed off, unsure, staring at the door. 

"How do we get her to come back out?" Baekhyun asked. 

Leo shrugged. "I don't know." 

Chanyeol sighed. "This is stupid. I'm going in." 

Leo's eyes bugged out. "No, Prince Chanyeol... You might not want to do that..." 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "She's had enough alone time. Maybe now all she needs is a little bit of comfort." He said as his eyes softened. He never liked facing his troubles by himself. His brothers had always been there for him while he was growing up. Perhaps all Hanseul needed now was someone to share her pain with. His heart kept on tugging him to her room. The thought of her suffering alone for some weird reason, killed him. 

He had grown attached to her in the short time he had known her for inexplicable reasons. He didn't know why, but he wanted nothing more than to see her smile once again. 

Leo bit his lip nervously. It was obvious he wasn't going to be able to stop Chanyeol, but he was seriously worried that Hanseul might maul his face. She could have a bit of a temper at times. 

Chanyeol walked away from the others toward her room.

He knocked on the door. "Hanseul-ah?"  

............

There was no response. Chanyeol sighed. He was going to have to do this the hard way. He put his hand on the doorknob. It was obviously locked. He spread out his hand and melted the lock on her door, and within seconds the door opened with an audible pop. 

He entered carefully, closing the door behind him. 

"Hanseul-ah?" He trailed off. "Princess Hanseul?" 

Hanseul's room was indeed rather large, but he should have been able to see her. 

Chanyeol's ears perked when he heard a feral growl in the corner. The room was dark, and in that instant, he saw crystal clear blue eyes flashing at him in the dark. He used his hand to light a small fire so he could see, but Hanseul had already shifted back into her human form. 

And boy, did she look pissed. Chanyeol stiffened a little as he flipped the light switch on. At a closer glance, he noticed she was trembling. She was thin and gaunt and the red blush on her cheeks had faded away to a pasty hue. She looked sick, tired and afraid. She seemed to have lost that innocent wholesome smile he had come to adore on her face. He wanted to bring it back more than anything for some weird reason. His heart kept on tugging at its corners at the sight of her fragile state.

Her voice was ice cold when she spoke. "What are you doing here, Prince Chanyeol?" She hissed as her eyes narrowed. Now she sounded like a noble: self-assured, confident, suave and graceful. All the playfullness from her had disappeared without a trace.

He felt goosebumps on his arm. Her demeanor was no joke. Perhaps Leo wasn't joking about her mauling people apart. But he wasn't afraid of her. Rather, how much she changed in the past few days she had locked herself away pained him. He could only offer her what his brothers always offered him when he was going through a hard time: solace and a place to call home. He wanted her to understand that she did belong here in this world, and that her destiny to save it, although it might have shocked her, it wasn't something to be afraid of. 

"Hanseul-ah." He said calmly. His deep voice unknowingly melted her ice. At hearing his voice, her heart unknowingly faltered. His voice was a few octaves lower than normal, lowering her guard. Her heart started to beat faster, harder and louder. She didn't know why her body was acting like this, but she chose to listen to her mind. She raised a brow as she inwardly wondered why his voice affected her so profoundly. It was a strange sensation, and the more she suppressed it, the more her heart screamed out in protest. 

"You can't stay in here forever." He said with a soft glance. His presence alone already began to penetrate her barriers. 

What was wrong with her? She felt almost feverish. How did one guy she had met not that long ago have this kind of effect on her? It was upsetting how weak she was. What remained of her pride kept on fighting against it. 

"Who said I was?" She retorted caustically.

Chanyeol noticed she was trembling. It was like trying to approach a cat without having it run away. The closer he got to her, the more afraid he was that she was going to run away from him. 

"You're afraid." Chanyeol stated. It wasn't a question. 

Hanseul looked like she was at a loss for words. She stared at her hands again, petrified by her own ability and the immense power that she possessed, and the great responsibilities that came along with it. Her shoulders shook with fear and trepidation took over her eyes.

Chanyeol didn't know what he was doing. It was as if some string of destiny was calling him to her. For all he knew, she could have shifted and clawed his face out. What he did next was totally unpredictable; he went up to her and enveloped her in his warm embrace. His arms stretched out to wrap around her frame as he pulled her closer to him. She was as cold as ice. His warm body temperature felt nice against her chilly skin, melting her heart, soul, mind and body altogether. She melted under his touch, and then came the tears. Hanseul literally just broke apart as she finally gave in to the comfort he had been offering her. 

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter