The Presence [존재함]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Infinite- Tic Toc [here]

Xiumin opened his eyes. The sun was trickling in too brightly through the windows for his liking. He got up and closed the curtains and quickly went back into his bed. He pulled the duvet over himself and wound his arms around her petite frame again as he chuckled. She really did look like an adorable kitten when she slept. She always slept with her hands and fingers near her face and as she curled up on one side. 

Xiumin couldn't help but wonder if Hanseul knew how beautiful and adorable she looked when she was asleep.

However, it had actually been a while now. 

Ever since Hanseul came to the kingdom, actually, she had been having them. Hanseul was plagued by nightmares when she slept. In fact, they didn't even know about her nightmares until Leo told them.

Hanseul frowned in her sleep. Her eyebrows twitched and created a slight crease on her forehead. Xiumin's eyes widened as he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her a little more.

Hanseul's nightmares usually didn't come as often when she slept in the arms of her mates. She didn't really quite understand why, but her mates said it was just natural to feel safe and protected in their arms.

Especially when that one vampire managed to infiltrate the palace and attack Hanseul, it was settled: they would all take turns sleeping with Hanseul.

Although it annoyed Xiumin that he only had Hanseul in his arms at night only a couple times a month, he had come to really look forward to those nights. Not only that, since mates could feel each other's minds through the links, but if one of the boys was close enough to Hanseul while she was sleeping and having a nightmare, they could usually sense it and would wake her up before her nightmare got too bad. 

Xiumin gently her hair as he kissed her forehead lovingly, trying to smooth out the creases.

Hanseul started whimpering in her sleep. She started taking sharper breaths. 

Xiumin frowned as he shook Hanseul gently. "Hanseul-ah? It's only a dream." He said sweetly into her ear.

"It's only a nightmare, Snow white. Wake up." He said as he shook her a litte bit stronger.

To his surprise, Hanseul even started clutching herself as she finally woke up with tears in her eyes.

Xiumin didn't hesitate to brush her tears off as he helped her sit upright.

"Hanseul-ah, are you okay?" Xiumin whispered as he embraced her and rocked her gently back and forth.

...... ...... .......

There was no response. He could only hear Hanseul's labored breathing.

"Hey, snow white, do you want to talk about your nightmare?" he cooed as he kissed her forehead. 

Hanseul finally opened her eyes again. Her pupils dilated with fear as Xiumin felt her body tense in reaction. She put her hands on the side of his face, as if she couldn't believe he was in front of her and broke down in to tears. 

"Oppa, Woomin Oppa." She managed to croak out in between her sobs. [A/N: They sometimes refer to Xiumin as u-min on shows, but I just romanized it to Woomin so it doesn't look uber awk]

He could feel the hot, warm, salty tears on his t-shirt. "Shh, Hanseul-ah, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly as he began to run his hands through her hair to calm her down. 

It worked. His touch reassured her, and her body could feel itself unwinding. After a couple of minutes Hanseul stopped sobbing. She just sniffled. "Oh my gosh... I'm sorry for giving you a heart attack. That was the worst nightmare I had in ages." She muttered as she ran a hand through her own hair. 

"Tell me about what you dreamt." 

"We were all there. You, me, your brothers, and Leo." Hanseul said as she paused. She really didn't want to try to remember what was going to happen next, but the memories flooded her like an avalanche and she gasped at the flurry of mental images inside her brain. 

She started talking faster. Just as how she couldn't stop the horrible scene replaying in her head, she couldn't stop her own words from flowing out. "The demons were there. They were torturing us. They told me to pick one of you guys... to die, and then the head demon promised that he would let the rest of us go." She paused in horror for a second as she remembered the demon's face. 

"It was so real... I, o-of course, couldn't decide... and the demons got impatient... and just started butchering you all in front of my eyes." Hanseul finished, as she tried to block the flashbacks she was seeing once again. 

"And as they killed... each and one of you guys off, they were telling me it was my fault you guys died." Hanseul finished softly as she spaced out again. 

Xiumin kissed the tip of her nose. "You know it's just a nightmare, right Hanseul-ah?" 

"Yeah, oppa." She whispered as Xiumin laid them back down together again as she snuggled into his embrace. "I know." She repeated quietly. 

He held her within his arms, his limbs stretching around her fragile frame as he encircled her with his presence. Hanseul sighed as she finally felt her body readjusting as she felt a sense of comfort. 

Hanseul leaned her head against the crook of his neck. She could feel Xiumin's shoulders moving up and down each time he took a breath.

"Oppa. did I mention you're the best person to snuggle with in the summer?" Hanseul asked playfully. 

"Because I'm that hot, right?" Xiumin joked as he lowered the both of them back on to the bed, only this time, he turned Hanseul around so she was facing him. He laid her head down on his arm and looked into her dark coffee brown eyes. 

"Haha, sureeee." Hanseul giggled. 

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Go back to sleep, Snow white. It's still super early." 

"Yeah, yeah." Hanseul said as she scooted a little closer to his embrace and closed her eyes once again. 

Morning had passed, and the boys and Hanseul decided to have a BBQ party today in the courtyard because the weather was so nice. They were in the midst of cleaning up. 

"Hey, angel, can you put away the coal please?" D.O. asked as he was taking down the grill. 

"Sure!" Hanseul said as she skipped into one of the storage rooms. 

As soon as Hanseul came back, she heard a familiar voice. 

"Hey boys and girls! I'm back~" 

She then heard a chorus of groans. 

However, her face brightened when she saw the owner of the voice. "GD!" 

"Hanseul-ah!" GD mimicked her voice as he waved hi to her. 

"How the heck do you manage to get in here unnoticed by our guards each time?" Sehun fussed. 

The boys tensed when they saw GD grab Hanseul by the waist and levitated up high. 

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?!" Tao shouted. 

GD simply smiled at them tauntingly while Hanseul was clinging on to him for life. 

"Wait, Jiyong-sshi, I'm not a heights person, can you please let me down?" Hanseul murmured in panic as she tried not to look down. 

Kris's eyes widened as he realized what GD was about to do; he flew up towards the two like a madman. 

"Let you down? Sure, Hanseul-ah." GD smiled as he literally let go of her body. 

Hanseul screamed as she started falling hundreds of feet. 

The Exo boys were about to attack GD and as some of them had their hands laid out to catch Hanseul when one of the most miraculous things happened. 

A pair of white wings portruded from Hanseul's back, and just before she could smack down face first into the ground, she somehow made a safe landing. 

GD laughed. "Darn, I wish I brought a video camera with me every time I visit you guys." He cackled as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter