The News [소식]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- 낡은 편지, 나윤권. [click here]

"Your majesty!" 

The King of EXO, the supreme alpha of the werewolves, stopped writing and looked up as a servant rushed into his study. "Yes?" 

"Pardon my interruption, but there is an important messenger from the Feliane royalty to see you." The servant humbly said as he bowed once again. 

The king nodded "Let them in." 

A person with a dark fur coat walked in. He was nimble on his toes and emitted an aura of grace and feline superiority. The man took off his hood, acknowledging the presence of werewolf royalty as he got down on one knee. Although he displayed fluidity in the way he carried himself, the dark shadows that etched his gaunt face hinted at a rather traumatic and perturbing experience. 

The alpha nodded. "You may speak." 

"I am... very regretful that I had to be the bearer of such bad news..." The man's voice was barely a whisper above the wind. He had been trying to detach himself from the painful reality because it was already tearing his insides apart. He had to deliver this message, then his purpose would be complete, and his life would gain meaning. So even though it hurt him to continue, he kept on speaking... because that was what he had to do. "My name is Henry, the royal advisor to the royal family line of Kyungjong mama and Inhae mama, the monarchs of the Sovereign nation of Feliane, the werecat kingdom. I am here to announce that our king and queen have... perished and are..."  Henry's voice finally cracked, as a tidal wave of emotions hit him.  "missing in the midst of a demon raid."

The king and all of his attendents stiffened. It was as if a bomb had exploded. No one talked. No one blinked. Everyone held their breaths. This was more than bad news. How would they all ever survive the war now without the leadership of the werecat royalty? No one  was capable of reuniting that race unless they were of royal werecat lineage, and the remnant civilians of the kingdom were too widely dispersed to the point it was almost impossible to track them down. 

"We have found remnants of two bodies we believe belonged to our dear king and queen. I am one of the few that survived when the demons found our hiding spot. I am also one of the royal advisors that was entrusted with the whereabouts of the rest of the royal werecat race. I have pondered this over, thinking what my dear late king and queen would have done. I would like to ask for your assistance, your highness, not as an ally, but as a member of the same genus. Werecats and werewolves, although we may be separate species now, we once shared a common ancestor. I ask that you send a party to the human world to find the missing crown prince and princess of Feliane." 

The room froze. They had thought that King Kyungjong and Queen Inhae were the last of the werecat royalty. 

The king rose. "Kyungjong and Inhae have been my close friends and allies throughout all these years. I join you in your lamentation and grieving for them. I mean you no harm, but from all of the years I've commuted with the two of them... they have never mentioned that they had an heir, much less two children..." He trailed off in suspicion. 

"Your majesty, if I could speak to you alone for just a moment, you would understand their decisions. I would have done the very same thing if I were in their situation." 

The king nodded and sent everyone else out. "You may speak." 

"The princess... She is the wielder of the black pearl. The late king, the late queen, the crown prince, the trainers that are with her on human land and now you and I are the only ones who know of this. It is imperative that we get them back and shield them from any harm." Henry whispered. 

The King's eyes widened. That meant the end of the war was approaching. If the black pearl could just be found now that the wielder was identified... All of this suffering would come to an end. All of this suffering, this hate, this bloodshed... this millenium long struggle would come to an end.

"The late Queen... I was with her in her last moments." Henry whispered broken heartedly. "She was wounded and she had been forced to watch her own husband's demise. She told me of a place where I could find the hope to end this war, where I could find the remaining pride, symbol and prestige of Feliane. She told me that I should be able to entrust you with protecting our princess. I was the only one that survived... because I have the power to become invisible." He paused shamefully, as if he was considering going on. 

"So as coward as it was of me... I obeyed her last wish. I should have died with them. I was the only one to escape, sire. To tell you this. Now my purpose is complete. Please... relieve me of my duties." Henry said as he looked downcast toward the ground. 

The king helped Henry up. "You have done the right thing. I will send a search party right away." 

"Please... protect her. The last hope of our nation. The final refuge for the war... Tell her... I have done my job as a citizen to my country." Henry said as he put his cloak back on with a short stiff bow.

The king was confused. "You aren't going to stay for their return?" 

Henry smiled sadly. "I must go tell the others that the king and queen had an heir. I must spread the news. Although, King." He said as his eyes turned catlike, noble and mighty, no longer portraying the raw emotion he had when he first came in. "I fervently hope that you will be the only one in this kingdom who knows about the Princess' ability. The less people know, the better." 

The king solemnly nodded. "I understand. Go in peace." 

And with that, Henry transformed into a cheetah, dashing off into the forest after gracefully landing on his four feet.

The king summoned all twelve of his sons. They were all well gifted beyond the norm: each with a werewolf ability and powers of their own that had never been possessed by other werewolves before. They each took a seat in the king's giant study room.

"Sons... I need you to go to Earth for me. I need you to search for the missing Crown Prince and Princess of Feliane." He said seriously. 

Baekhyun raised a brow. "Father, I know we are allies with them, but why are we doing it?" 

"King Kyungjong a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter