The Intuition [직관]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Destiny Infinite [here]

[Explanation Time]: So someone asked how Tao was able to use his powers even though his powers were restrained by his chains. Answer is well, the chains aren't strong enough to seal a bond that's forming off. That's actually very hard to do because you're trying to fight off one of the most powerful and ancient works of magic in their world. So when Tao and Hanseul were bonding, Tao was able to use his power because of his desire to protect her, he was able to freeze time though the formation of the bond, and then Hanseul's piercing kicked in and broke the chains. 

I didn't really want to explain this in the story bc that means I'd have to bring back GD again, and think of a reason why and stuff like that, so yeah. there's your explanation. Enjoy! <3

Hanseul looked at the two uncouncious guards that Tao had knocked down and grabbed their swords passing one of them to Tao. 

Before Tao could even tell her to stay in the cell safe and sound, Hanseul opened their cell door and ran towards the fight. 

He scoffed mentally and asked himself why did he even bother to try and ask her to stay back before jogging to catch up with her. 

The fight was happening inside the main corridor of the jail. Hanseul peeked out behind a wall and saw a mob of people beating up the palace guards. Her eyes widened. 

"Down with head chancellor Yoojae!" 

"Release all the citizens he imprisoned just because they couldn't pay taxes!" 

"To the hell with these guards!" 

However, the citizens didn't last a chance when more soldiers came in as reinforcements. The soldiers were trained and merciless. They loaded their guns and just as they were about to shoot, time stopped. 

Tao picked up another pair of keys from a fallen guard. *We need to free my brothers.* 

*On it.* Hanseul replied as she ran back toward the cells, unlocking the door to each one. 

Once all of exo was out of their cells, their magic was working properly and they could finally use telepathy to communicate with each other. 

*Razelle told me that there is an uprising right now. He sent these people here to free us, and afterwards we need to march up to the throne room to take down the head chancellor. We NEED to get out of here alive with these people to the grand hallway.* Kris reported. 

*Got it.* They all responded. 

As soon as everyone of them responded, time flowed once more, and the battle resumed. Hanseul finally shifted into her feline form. She stood proud, tall, and majestically as the princess of the werecats she really was. Her ebony black stripes made a starking contrast against the snow white of her fur. Each step she took almost echoed throughout the hallways, and resonated beyond the simple fight that was going on. Her eyes flashed blue and it was then she finally launched herself into battle. 

It didn't scare her anymore; she would show the world that she could live up to her destiny. 

Fate finally called, and she rose up to meet it. 

She ran toward the soldiers who were loading their guns and using her speed and momentum, she leapt off the ground in an amazing stride as she used her front paws to give her an extra push. She landed on one side of the wall and before the bullets could hit her, she bounced off to the adjacent wall in a zig-zag formation as she leapt forward, enclosing the distance between her and the shooters. 

Hanseul's eyes were those of a determined predator. She lept up once more into the air and pounced on the shooters, crushing their guns merely with her weight. Before they could run or respond, with a mighty roar and the strike of her claws, the men went down. 

Hanseul was too focused to notice anything but the crowd did. The crowd felt it. The crowd could see it emanating from her. Although it was a faint, it was still radiant and breathtaking: a light reflecting off iridescent hues was emanating from Hanseul's feline form.

The light was mysteriously empowering yet comforting. The dragon people of the country, who had never even seen Hanseul before, suddenly could feel it. They could see it. She was the black pearl wielder. They didn't need anyone to tell them because their own intuition was calling. Knowing that the Wielder was on their side of the conflict, the people rose again with renewed hope and courage.

The guards had either retreated or perished, and Hanseul phased back into her human form almost instantly after the subtle light faded away.  

She was instantly met with cheer and jubilation. Two people helped her up. Kris stepped out of the crowd to see if Hanseul was okay, and somehow the crowd could feel that he was their chosen one. He was one of their own. 

"We must press onward to the main hall to take down the chancellor!" Kris shouted as he pointed up to the floor above. And without hesitation the crowd followed. It was their intuition that they attack today againt the tyranny of the chancellor and it was their intuition they would follow into battle. The presence of the legendary wielder and dragon brother alone gave them strength and courage. 

It was another warzone in the throne room. Soldiers were fighting civilians, and Exo, Leo and Hanseul could easily spot Razelle leading the fight. 

Hanseul dodged an attack from another soldier as she felt her intuition calling her. She felt herself drawn to the left hallway for some weird reason. She felt this huge magical presence behind it. She unknowingly walked away from battle toward the left corridor. 

Minseok paled when he realized that Hanseul was walking away with a battle with two soldiers that were trailing her. In alarm, he ran after them like a mad man and threw two icicles at them, knocking them out right before one of them could shoot an arrow at Hanseul. 

*Hanseul, where are you going?* 

There was no response. 

Hanseul wasn't herself. All she knew was that she felt this force literally pulling her to something that was behind the door. Minseok trailed after her to make sure that she was safe. 

Hanseul opened the door and her piercing this time, began to glow again. It was as if the light was trying to indicate something important; it kept flickering intensely in short spasms of bright light.

And at the end of the hallway stood a black clothed figure, holding a small floating black pearl. It was the fragment that the dragons had been guarding. 

The clothed figure was the chancellor trying to escape with the fragment. Yoojae had abandoned all his troops and his servants to escape with the pearl fragment. He had no courage to fight for those who were loyal to him. 

Hanseul felt the fragment calling for her. She for the first time felt as if a part of her life force thrived within the fragments of the pearl as she felt in tune and one with the fragment. She had to retrieve it at all costs. 

"Tch, you never give up, don't you?" Yoojae accused. Yoojae was about to jump out of the window to phase into his dragon form. 

Minseok realized this and tried to stop him. 

Hanseul's eyes flashed blue and the moment Yoojae himself out of that window, he fell thousands of feet to his death. 

Hanseul had somehow been able to hold back his phasing, and the black pearl was where he last was before he fell: levitating in the air. 

Hanseul walked toward the small fragment, and with each step she took, her piercing and the fragment grew brighter. 

Minseok had to shield his eyes because the light was so bright, but he almost could swear he could make out the faint silhouette of an angel's wings on Hanseul's back. 

The light pulsed one last time and when Minseok opened his eyes, he found Hanseul collapsed on the ground. 

Worried, he rushed over to her and pushed her hair out of her face and cradled her within his arms. 

"Hanseul-ah." He said as he shook her. 

She stirred, and he shook her a little bit harder. 

"Yeah, Minseok oppa?" She said softly. 

"Are you alright?" He asked. 

"I feel... great." She responded. 

And it was the truth. It was as if her whole entire being had somehow grown more vibrant and stronger. Although Hanseul had not noticed this, one twelth of her white pearl piercing had turned black. 

After hearing that their leader (who they never really liked very much) died and had abandoned them, the military set down its arms and the people elected Razelle to be their new leader. Head Chancellor Yoojae was declared a tyrannical leader who had unfairly taxed his people, imprisioned his criticizers and violated the peoples' rights. 

Although Hanseul and the rest of Exo wanted to leave quietly after the rebellion, Razelle wanted to hold a banquet to formally introduce Kris into their society, thank the wielder for boosting the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter