`The Legend of White Lilies

The Proclamations of Love
The Proclamations of Love Series 3:
The Legend of White Lilies
Staring,
Park Eun Mi & Jae Joong + DBSK
Some say, the legend of the white lilies is just a myth. Others, they say that in every 10 years, when a girl gives a man a white lily, they‘ll be together forever. What if I say that, we were the first ones to start this…story.

Four years ago, just four years ago. I met a man, well I assume you all should know how the story starts out.

--

“Excuse me miss?” A soft yet soothing voice called out to me. As I turned around from my swing, it was like I saw an angel. The sun’s rays were hitting his broad shoulders making it seem as though he was shining. He was too bright for me to look at so I had to squint my eyes.

“Yes? Did I die?” A soft chuckle was all that I could hear from him. Then he slowly shook his head.

“No, I just wanted to say that you better be careful about that swing, it’s nearly about to fall apart” Those words coming out of his mouth, I couldn’t hear them, but I knew he was telling me something important. Something I should be listening to but I just couldn’t do it. No matter what, I couldn’t hear anything. It clearly felt as if I’ve become deaf.

“Miss? Are you okay?” His voice called out to me, but all I can do was just look at him in awe. I must’ve looked pretty stupid for looking at him with my mouth open. So stupid that he left. That was when I came into my senses and that was the last time I’ll probably see him again.

--

“Eun Mi! Can you go buy the groceries today?” My mom shouted. Well, she’s not really my mom, she’s my step-mom. Ever since my mom died when I was little, my dad thought a woman in the house would help me mature into a lady. I don’t remember my mom much, but I can remember all those times she took me to the park.

“Okay but I have to go to the park first!”

“What? Again?! That’s the second time today. Are you going to water your plants or something?” My annoying brother, Yunho laughed. He may be annoying at sometimes, but I’ll admit it, he’s a really good brother.

“Yes, you have a problem with that butthead?”

“I don’t get why you grow them there, why don’t you plant some at our house?”

“Cause my idiot brother, you and the rest will probably ruin all my precious babies with all the activities you guys do outside”

“Yeah yeah whatever. Oh yeah, buy me some beer while your there”

++ Jae Joong’s POV++

“Jae, did you eat lunch yet? Don’t leave without eating yet.”

“I’ll eat later, I’m late” I shouted.

“No you don’t, eat now” I felt a pair of hands grabbing my shoulders.

“Come on, I promise I’ll eat later, but now I have to be somewhere” I pleaded.

“Fine, whatever go to the park”

“Thanks mom” I gave her a light kiss.

“Yeah yeah, whatever. Be home before dinner, you need your medicine” My mom always cares way too much about me.

--

Ah, as usual, she’s always here. I remember our first meeting, she kind of scared me at first since she looked like she wanted to eat me. But when I saw her gentle face whenever she comes to the park, I found her more interesting by the second.

“Miss, are these your plants?” I saw a man approaching her.

“Yes, why?” The man smirked, he doesn’t look too nice.

“Can you give me that flower over there?” The man pointed towards a random flower. As she turned around and reached out to pick the flowers, I saw him smirking again. That face, there’s something I just don’t like about it.

++ Eun Mi’s POV++

“Are these flowers a present for your girlfriend?”

“Yes, it’s her birthday today” Since it’s for his girlfriend, I suppose I can give him a few of my babies.

“Okay, let me choose some” I felt a pair of hands going down my back.

“Sir, keep your hands to yourself please” This isn’t good. I tried to see if there was anyone at the park, but couldn’t find anyone.

“Come on, let’s have a bit of fun” The man grinned.

++Narrative POV++

As he got closer, Eun Mi quickly screamed. Jae Joong, who was alert to this rushed immediately.

“What do you think you’re doing sir?” Jae Joong asked.

“Uh nothing” The man quickly replied.

“Sir, it’s a mistake coming here, I suggest you leave before I do anything worse to you then what I’m about to do.” Jae Joong gave him one of his scary kind of smiles.

“You aren’t doing anything to me though.” The man replied confused.

“Look at your right arm” Jae Joong smiled again.

“What the hell did you do to me” The man looked at his right arm, it was slowly changing colors. Soon it turned into a dark purple color, that wasn’t it, it was spreading fast.

“Nothing, if you never return, I promise that it won’t return.” Jae Joong smiled even more now.

++ Eun Mi’s POV++

It’s the angel again…

“Are you okay?” His voice called out to me, but again, I couldn’t respond. All I can do was nod.

“Are you scared of me? Is that why you won’t talk to me?” I immediately shook my head.

I took a deep breath. I have to talk to him. “S-sorry, it’s just you really look like an angel”

He laughed. I knew it, I made a complete fool of myself. I’m done for.

“You’re one strange girl, I’ll admit it.” His laughter got louder.

++ Jae Joong’s POV ++

She’s everything I thought she’d be.

“Well, my name’s Jae Joong, what about you?” The girl looked scared. “Don’t worry I don’t bite”

“My name’s Eun Mi” She makes herself look even cuter when she stutters.

“Nice to meet you Eun Mi” I smiled. That was when, I felt a little piece of heaven. That was when she suddenly kissed me. That was when…it all began.

“Sorry, I…I usually don’t do that, I swear” She stuttered again.

++ Eun Mi’s POV ++

“Don’t worry about it. I actually liked it.” He smiled. “To be honest with you, I’ve been actually watching you for a while now…”

“Uh wait what?” Is he a ert? Watching me…

“No, I mean I’ve been at this park, always trying to see if you’re here too.”

“Wait, so are you the one who keeps on planting new flowers here?” He nodded, so it was him. No wonder. I thought it was strange how there was more flowers appearing.

“Actually, I’m quite interested in you. So I was wondering if you’d like to date me..”

--

It’s actually been weeks since we’ve been going out. The more I spend time with him, the more I feel as though I’m in heaven. The more I spend time with him, the more I grow to love him. But the more I grow to love them, the more I am scared to be rejected by him.

++ Narrative POV ++

You see, the legend states that when a girl gives a guy a white lily in this park, their love will overcome all.

“Jae Joong, do you know what the meaning of white lilies are?” Eun Mi asked as she picked a white lily from her garden. Jae Joong shook his head.

“It means that it’s heavenly to be with you” Eun Mi said gently.

“Well, I think that you just officially announced that you’re my girlfriend” Jae Joong smiled, and with that the couple shared a kiss.

--

“Junsu!” A girl called out.

“Yes?” Junsu turned around, seeing her hold a white lily.

“Did you know, legend says, if a girl gives a white lily to a guy here, they’ll be together no matter how distant they are?” She smiled.

“Does that mean…”

“Of course silly, it means I love you!”

A girl’s laughter was heard. Everyday, I see couples going to this park, picking a white lily from my garden and confessing their loves to each other. Everyday, I hear the story of our love being told.

“Eun Mi, how dare you leave me alone” Jae Joong yelled. There he is, shining brightly just like my angel.

“Sorry, but I love it when people talk about our story, I always wondered how they knew”

“I kind of told that stupid guy Micky, and he went and blabbed away turning it into some legend here.” Whenever I look at him, it feels weird how it’s been 40 years since we’ve been together.

“Happy 39th anniversary!”

“Don’t remind me” I sighed.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“That means, I’m old…I’m already a grandma”

“But hey, at least you’re still here with me” Jae Joong smiled. When he smiles, its as though he never aged. I can still see the angelic side of him.

And that’s how the legend of the white lilies started…and that’s how the legend continues to passed around.

============================================================================

Ah, I feel as if I lost my touch, sorry for rushing the story, but it is a one-shot after all. I hope you all enjoy!

The Proclamations of Love Series ©Imaginatious 2008-10
July 13, 2009