`Could We Be? Part One

The Proclamations of Love

Plot: You know the usual rich-bad boy and poor-good girl? How about we switch it up just a tad bit to something like this: The rich, nice girl meeting up with the poor bad boy.
Meet Lee Mi Young; born in a ridiculously rich family, she was never the one to judge money. She never wasted it, when other people always think she does. She uses it wisely, only when she 100% needs to; like for groceries or back-to-school shopping, etc. After a big fight that a student accused her of stealing a valuable watch, her parents decide to just enroll her in a regular school. Upon that, Mi Young meets ordinary life-style, which she secretly craved for. Having her status known around the school immediately, she's practically the most popular girl now (note: which she hates INCREDIBLY). After a school project was assigned, Mi Young was required to pick someone, when everyone else was assigned. Mi Young noticed a boy in the back corner, glaring at nothing particular, and chose him. What started off as a hateful pair turned into something more... personal? Feelings bloom, but neither dare to confess until Mi Young.. gets into an accident.

=

Imaginatious Presents,
Could We Be?

Starring,
Lee Miyoung, Cho Kyuhyun, Kim Taeyeon, Jung Jessica

Miyoung took a breath. It was time. She took her time walking down the corridors, she was in trouble. Her heart began to beat faster, the adrenaline started to kick in. It was her first time ever being called into the principal's office. As she finally reached the end of the hall, she stopped to stare at the door, it never looked this humungous before. This door used to be seen as any other door, but now, it was seen as this gateway to hell. Miyoung touched the knob, she took another breath, then opened the door finding her parents and Kim Hana's parents in the room.

The principal motioned for Miyoung to have a seat. “Shall we begin?” Miyoung took a seat next to her parents. “Your daughters have broken several of this school's rules. Now, we aren't known as a prestigious school for nothing, our students are to always obey the school's rules, but since they have broken several, I have no other choice but to expel the two”

Miyoung looked down at her hands, she didn't dare to look up, she was afraid of what the looks on her parents faces were like. “My daughter would never do a thing like that without a reason” Miyoung looked up, her father gave Miyoung a smile.

“Well are you saying that my daughter did this on purpose?” Hana's mother retorted.

“I'm just saying, why would Miyoung steal your daughter's watch? Miyoung doesn't even wear watches” Miyoung's father raised his voice.

Hana's mother stood up, “My daughter told me how your daughter has been eying her gold watch for days”

Miyoung's father also stood up, “Maybe she's been eying at it because it looks hideous, you think that Miyoung cares about gold? She probably spends ten times less than your incompetent daughter.”

“How dare you? Are you calling my daughter spoiled?” Hana's mother shouted.

“You can interpret it however you like, Miyoung would never do this, in fact, Miyoung grab your bags, you don't need to stay at this school any further” Miyoung's dad shouted, then looked at the principal, “And as for you, I suggest you check the school cameras, maybe they caught what really happened. What kind of school are you running? Not searching for evidence in this case clearly shows how 'prestigious' this school must be.” Miyoung's father said sarcastically, “I hope this will not happen to your future students. Clearly, I have a feeling it will with the school's authorities here. Let's go Miyoung” With that, Miyoung's family walked out leaving the principal and Hana's family speechless.

“Dad, are you sure about this?” Miyoung asked, “I thought you really wanted me to go to this school.”

“I did, but that was the past. I can't allow my precious daughter being bullied here and the authorities are useless” Miyoung's dad answered, then wrapped his arm around Miyoung, “Don't worry, we'll find a better school”

“Security, show me the tapes of class 3A” The principal shouted. Then watched the clip of Hana putting her watch into Miyoung's bag. As soon as Miyoung entered the class, Hana went up to the teacher to report her stolen watch. During the backpack search, when Miyoung found the watch in her bag, Hana immediately rushed up to her to start a fight. The principal realized his mistake and rushed out to look for Miyoung's family.

“Sir, wait sir!”

Miyoung's father turned around, “Yes?”

“I found out the truth, please. Your daughter is welcomed at our school” The principal said.

“Hah, no. I'm sorry but you will no longer be getting funds from us” Miyoung's father replied, then got into his limo with Miyoung.

“Dad, is it okay if I choose the school I want to go to next?” Miyoung asked.

“No” Her father replied.

“But dad, you already chose THREE schools for me and they didn't work out, don't you see a pattern going on with this?” Miyoung emphasized on the three. “Look at this as a business contract, you let me go to school, have an ordinary school life, and after that, I promise to follow you in the business”

“Hmm, what if people find out?” Her dad asked.

“Well, they won't at first? But if they do, then...I'll figure something out” Miyoung replied and stretched out her hand. “Deal?”

“Deal” Her father shook her hand, “But remember, after this, you're going to start working as a CEO”

“Got it”

Miyoung started buttoning her blouse. It was time. She looked at the mirror and saw herself in her new school uniform. She had long beautiful black hair just like a graceful princess. She had a slim body, but it gave her an elegant feeling. Her long eyelashes and sharp eyebrows were covered by her thick rimmed glasses. She tied up her long beautiful hair into two braids, then she attached a fake mole onto her face. She looked at the mirror and smiled, then grabbed her bag. She was ready. She walked out of her room and headed towards her elevator.

“Good morning miss, to the lobby?” The worker bowed as Miyoung nodded. He pressed the 'L' button and the elevator started moving down. Ding. “Have a great day at school miss”

“Bye Geoffrey! I'll see you later” Miyoung waved then walked towards the limo waiting outside for her.

“We have arrived miss, I parked the car two blocks away just like you wanted” The driver said, then got out of the car to open the door for Miyoung.

“Thank you Junsu, I'll see you later” Miyoung waved then started walking towards her new school. Upon arriving, she noticed all the students just talking and having fun, she felt the pressure. She felt nervous, her hands became clammy, she was going to have to make new friends yet again.

She took her time observing her surroundings. This school was very ordinary. It was a tall building, with lots of windows, the type of school you see in the dramas. Miyoung was finally going to have an ordinary school life. She made her way to the office.

“Ah, you are Lee Miyoung right?” The principal got out of his seat immediately to greet Miyoung. “We had teachers in the front looking for you, did you find this room okay?”

“Listen sir, I would like it if you didn't give me any special treatments. Please don't tell anyone of my status” Miyoung interrupted then continued, “I don't want anyone to know of my status”

The principal remained silent for a while, then said “Okay. I understand. Follow me to your new class”

“Guys open your books to page 32” The teacher said, then wrote the page number on the board, as he was writing, the door opened revealing the principal. “Class listen, the principal has an announcement”

“You guys have a new student joining you. Make sure to make her feel very comfortable here and show her around the school” The principal announced, then Miyoung stepped into the classroom. While walking to the front, she could feel the stares of her new classmates. It was strange having a new student in the middle of the school year. She walked up to the front of the class and stared her at her new classmates.

“Hello, I'm Lee Miyoung, nice to meet you all” Miyoung said, then bowed.

“Miyoung could you take the empty over there?” The teacher pointed towards an empty desk near the window. Miyoung slowly walked to her seat, as she was walking towards her seat, her classmates heads were following her until she sat down.

“Now as you all know, today is when we'll be assigning partners to the project I told you about two weeks ago. I assume you have your partners and you have already wrote it down on this sheet” The teacher showed the paper, “Miyoung needs a partner, is there anyone else who did not get a partner?”

Miyoung looked around, no hands were raised. She bit her lip and looked down at her desk. “Teacher, Kyuhyun doesn't have a partner yet” A student said. The class gasped. Poor Miyoung, a new student already having a bad start.

“Is Kyuhyun the only one who doesn't have a partner?” The teacher asked, “Anyone? Come on, can anyone switch?” The class remained silent. Miyoung looked around and raised her hand. “Yes Miyoung?”

“It's fine, I'll be his partner” Miyoung said. The teacher sighed, “Alright, if there's any troubles come to me immediately okay?” Miyoung nodded.

It was lunch time. The class had already started planning their project with their assigned partners. Their project was a freestyle project, meaning that it was up to the students to choose what kind of topic they wanted to do. The criteria was however that they had to be entertaining, professional, and organized.

Miyoung stared at the kid in the back, it was Kyohyun her partner. She sighed and walked towards his desk. He had his head down and his iPod on. Miyoung tapped his desk, no answer, so she tapped his shoulder, still no answer. She sighed and bit her lip, she tapped his shoulder again.

Kyuhyun was very easily agitated especially with new students. He jolted his head up and gave Miyoung a glare, “What do you want?”

“I'm...I'm your partner...I'm...Miyoung” Miyoung stuttered. Kyuhyun was intimidating.

Kyuhyun scratched his head, “Aish, I don't care” He stood up and left the class, leaving Miyoung speechless.

“Don't mind him, that's who he is.” A girl patted Miyoung on the shoulder.

“Oh...okay” Miyoung replied.

“Hi, I'm Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon smiled and took out her hand.

“Nice to meet you, I'm Miyoung” Miyoung shook her hand and gave a soft smile.

“I feel bad for you. You have Kyuhyun as your partner. You wouldn't want to be his partner” Taeyeon said, “If only you transferred earlier”

“Oh well, it's fine. I can do it myself if he doesn't want to do it” Miyoung smiled.

Taeyeon shook her head, “This is graded on group effort, so if he doesn't do anything and the teacher finds out, both of you will have an F”

Miyoung sighed, “I'll just have to convince him then”

“Don't worry, I'll help.” Taeyeon smiled. Miyoung smiled back, it was nice to meet a friendly person.

“So what brings you to this school? You seemed...like those girls that would go to a smart high-class school” Taeyeon said while walking with Miyoung towards the cafeteria.

Miyoung choked as soon as she heard 'high-class'. “Are you okay Miyoung?” Miyoung waved her hands as a sign of 'Don't worry'

“Well, I seem like that but looks can be deceiving. I'm just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life” Miyoung stated.

“Ah well, what made you transfer here in the middle of the school year?” Taeyeon asked.

“I ran into some trouble at the last school I was in” Miyoung answered, then covered . What if Taeyeon thinks she's some delinquent.

“Ah, you have a part-time job and they found out?” Taeyeon asked.

Miyoung stared at her. “Ah that's right” She quickly answered.

“That . I hate that we can't have part-time jobs. What if our parents need the money, you know?” Taeyeon complained.

“I know, they probably think we're going to get some horrid job like ing or like dealing drugs or something” Miyoung laughed, Taeyeon joined in. The two girls really hit it off. They could talk about anything, it seemed like they were already friends, no one would've suspected them to talk for the first time.

“Ah, there's Kyuhyun, I'll go talk to him” Miyoung said then walked towards Kyuhyun who was sitting with a bunch of guys.

“Miyoung, I don't think you should do that!” Taeyeon shouted but it was too late, Miyoung already caught the attention of Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun, I was wondering, could we meet after school to discuss about our project?” Miyoung interrupted as Kyohyun and his friends were joking around.

“Kyuhyun, you're into the whole school work?” One of his friends started laughing.

“Shut up Donghae, you know me, I'm not even going to bother doing it” Kyuhyun replied, then looked at Miyoung, “Listen, it you got me as a partner, we will not be working on the project together. Got it?”

“No, you listen. We're partners, and if you fail, I fail. I do not want to fail, so meet me after school” Miyoung said.

Kyohyun stood up, then got close to Miyoung's face. “No one tells me what to do, not even a girl like you can tell me what to do, okay?” Kyuhyun poked Miyoung hard on her chest. “Now go back before you make me do something.”

Taeyeon rushed towards Miyoung's side and pulled her away, “Miyoung I told you not to talk to him, he's bad”

Miyoung looked at Kyuhyun who was laughing with his friends. She has never encountered anyone like that in her life. What was wrong with that boy?

After school, Miyoung stood in front of the school looking for Kyuhyun, but he was nowhere to be found. She was about to give up when she heard laughter coming from the school. A gorgeous petite girl was stepping out of the school with Kyuhyun's hands linked with hers.

“Maybe his girlfriend” Miyoung thought, but shrugged it off and approached the two.

“Excuse me, get out of our way” The girl gave Miyoung a glare.

“We have to discuss about our project” Miyoung said, ignoring the girl.

“Did you not hear me? Get out of our way freak” The girl raised her voice, but Miyoung still kept looking straight into Kyuhyun's eyes.

He smirked then walked up towards Miyoung, “I never met a girl like you, interesting. Let's go” Kyuhyun released the girl's hand and grabbed Miyoung's hand.

“Did I say you can touch me?” Miyoung withdrew her hand.

“Kyohyun, what do you think you're doing?” The girl shouted.

“Doing this project” Kyuhyun winked at the girl. “Let's go”

The girl smirked, “Alright, be back at my place soon alright babe?”

“Yeah, bye Jessica” Kyuhyun said, then walked off with Miyoung walking after him.

“Where are we going?” Miyoung asked.

“My place, where else?” Kyuhyun asked as he got into his car.

Miyoung looked at him, “Why?”

“Didn't you say you want to work on the project?” Kyuhyun asked, “Get in, or I'm leaving”

Miyoung hesitated, but got in deciding that this is an improvement. As soon as the arrived, Miyoung looked around her surroundings. It was a run down apartment. “He lives here?” Miyoung whispered to herself.

“Yeah I live here, let's go” Kyuhyun walked up the stairs and opened the door.

Miyoung entered in, it wasn't that shabby looking inside. It was kind of cozy, a bit too small for a family to be living here. She tried to look for Kyuhyun's family, but they weren't in here. “Where's your parents?”

“I live by myself” Kyuhyun answered then went to the fridge, “Want a beer?”

“No thanks, I don't drink” Miyoung answered, then took a seat on his couch, she was nervous. It was just her and him alone at this apartment.

“Relax, I wouldn't do anything to you, you aren't my type.” Kyuhyun said. Miyoung smiled to herself, her disguise works after all.

“Since it's a freestyle project, I was thinking of making a utopia model” Miyoung suggested, going straight to the point.

Kyuhyun took a sip of his beer, then looked at Miyoung, “I don't care. Just do whatever you want to do, and present it”

Miyoung bit her lip, “But...if the teacher finds out, we both get a F”

“Who cares? Life isn't all about getting good grades” Kyuhyun said, then took another sip.

“It's not always about having fun and doing what you want also” Miyoung retorted.

Kyuhyun looked at her. There was something about her that was different. “Fine, I'll help you make the model, but I get to decide when we work together. No matter how late, or how early, you have to show up, if you don't I refuse to do anymore 'partner' work with you” Kyuhyun smirked, she wasn't going to agree to this.

“Okay, but you actually have to put some effort into making the model, and whatever you do, you must not do anything to me” Miyoung negotiated, surprising Kyuhyun.

“Deal. I will not take advantage of you trust me” Kyuhyun said then started drinking his beer.

“And one last thing, do not fall in love with me” Miyoung stated in a calm voice.

Kyuhyun choked on his drink, then started laughing, “Not bound to happen”

“Good, it's settled then” Miyoung smiled. “We'll start next week”

“Why next week?” Kyuhyun asked, “Why not now?”

“I have to be home early today, and I need at least three days to reason with my dad about you” Miyoung answered truthfully.

“What are you? A daughter of some rich dude?” Kyuhyun asked.

Miyoung paused, “No...my parents are just strict”

“I was just joking. We'll start next week” Kyuhyun said.

Miyoung started heading towards the door, she turned around, then said “Goodnight” before she left his apartment.

“She's interesting” Kyuhyun smirked.

--
The Proclamations of Love Series © Imaginatious 2010
10/16/10