`Realize My Love

The Proclamations of Love
Plot: Park Soo Hyun has Lee Donghae wrapped around her finger. He's completely in love with her, and she knows that he is, it's just that she doesn't find him suitable for her. He does whatever he can, joining dance class, playing soccer, singing to capture her attention. He's a great guy, but why doesn't she give him a chance? You may not be able to see through her stoic expressions, but she is smitten with more than ONE boy in her school. Choi Siwon AND Lee Eunhyuk have her oogling, her heart races when she sees either of them. One day, with Donghae trailing behind her, she accidentally drops her wallet in front of Lee Eunhyuk. Donghae finally understands when he sees her stuttering in front of him, and when Siwon arrives at the scene, an evident shade of blush is on her cheeks. Donghae confronts Taeyeon (Park Soo Hyun's best friend), spilling all his feelings to her. Angered by her best friend, Taeyeon finds Soo Hyun alone, swinging on a swing in the park. Unable to contain her emotions, she gives Soo Hyun a slap, to wake her up to the reality of Donghae’s love. However, Soo Hyun merely laughs, telling Taeyeon that she should be the one liking Donghae if she’s willing to spill her tears for him. Will Taeyeon’s words find a way to Park Soo Hyun’s heart?
Characters:
Park Soo Hyun
Lee Donghae
Choi Siwon
Lee Eunhyuk
Kim Taeyeon

===============================================================

Imaginatious Presents,
Realize My Love

Starring,
Park Soo Hyun and Lee Donghae + Minor

“Look! It's Donghae, he's so adorable...” A girl shouted at as a group emerged just squealing over Lee Donghae, the prince charming at their school. Lee Donghae is an interesting fella. He's so athletic that he can probably go professional in every sport: basketball, hockey, football, soccer, baseball, you name it, he can play it. Not only that, but he's a fantastic dancer, he can breakdance, body pop, two-step, name it, he can do it. Lee Donghae is the most perfect man you will ever meet. His voice is like an angel, he can sing amazingly, he even has talent scouts out there waiting to sign him. His looks are beyond...heavenly. You may wonder, why a perfect guy like him can't get a girl right? Well, that's all because of one girl...

“Soo Hyun!” Donghae called out. All the fangirls around him scoffed and gave a dirty look at Soo Hyun.

“She's so lucky that they're best friends” A girl muttered as the group slowly dispersed.

“Soo Hyun” Donghae shouted once again, but Soo Hyun just ignored him and continued walking towards her best friend, Taeyeon.

“Was that Donghae calling for you?” Taeyeon asked as Soo Hyun approached her.

“Yeah, I don't care. Let's get to class.” Soo Hyun answered, then the two walked off to their classes, with Donghae slowly trailing behind them.

As soon as Soo Hyun sat down, Choi Siwon came in the class. Her heartbeat quickened, and she felt her hands becoming clammy. She felt her cheeks heating up and she looked around to see if anyone could notice her nervousness, but everyone was too busy with getting their binders and pencils out. Siwon stared at Soo Hyun and gave her a soft smile before walking past her. His cologne smelled amazing, she felt like her nose was having a party. That smile, that smile could have sent her to the hospital if she didn't have breakfast, it was that heavenly.

“Okay class, settle down” The teacher came in and said, snapping Soo Hyun out of her dreamland.

“We will begin with...”

Her class was finally over, a break from all the lectures that Soo Hyun had suffered. As usual, Soo Hyun and her best friend Taeyeon would go to the cafe at their college's campus.

“How was class?” Taeyeon asked, trying to stir up a conversation.

“It was okay, Siwon looked amazing today...and he smiled at me” Soo Hyun said, then sighed. He did look amazing today.

“Wow, so you didn't see Eunhyuk today?” Taeyeon asked. Soo Hyun totally forgot to look for Eunhyuk in the halls, lately it's always been Siwon.

“No! I haven't seen him at all, have you?” Soo Hyun asked, then scanned around the cafe trying to look for Eunhyuk.

“Yeah, he was hanging out with Heechul last time I saw him” Taeyeon answered, then took a sip of her soda.

“Well I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back” Soo Hyun said, then left the cafe. While walking towards the bathrooms, she finally saw Eunhyuk. Her heart fluttered, he was giving his smile as usual while Soo Hyun walked. As she walked past him, she felt her wallet slipping out of her fingers. Her wallet landed right in front of Eunhyuk. Of course, Eunhyuk, being the gentlemen, went down to grab it, but she went down to grab it at the same time and their fingers brushed against each other. Soo Hyun immediately withdrew her hand.

“Here you go” Eunhyuk said, handing Soo Hyun her wallet.

Soo Hyun took a long look at Eunhyuk, then said, “Th..tha..thanks” then rushed off towards the girl's bathroom.

Eunhyuk stood up and scratched his head, why did she run away?

Soo Hyun took a look at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks were bright red, and she found herself breathing hard. Eunhyuk...he spoke to her. It was just a cherry on the top.

She smacked her forehead, “Why did I stutter and run away like a moron?”

She sighed, “Now he's going to think I'm a freak who can't speak properly, ugh”

Lee Donghae, no matter what he does, she never notices him. He was in love with her ever since he met her at the daycare. She was the cute little girl that got along with everyone. Whenever a fellow child was crying, she was the first one to take out a lollipop to stop the kid from crying. He grew up being in love with her. They were close, two peas in a pod. She trusted him with her life and he trusted his with hers. Donghae saw something in her that no one else did, and he fell in love with her because of that. Going to the same college as her, he was happy. He could have went to a better and more classy college, but he wanted to stay with her. Their classes were around the same time and near each other. Not only that, but after the first term ended, and the second term began, he was even more happy that she was in one of his classes.

He did everything to get her attention. He took cooking lessons, and even excelled in it. He went into competitions and got his name known, but she still didn't care. He took dance and singing lessons and became a professional. He even performed for the school's musical, he noticed her watching, but she still wasn't mesmerized by him like other girls. He took up all the different sports that the school offered, he even made varsity on every sport, but still, it wasn't good enough for her. He could never get her attention no matter what. Or at least he could never make her heart flutter.

Yes, there are a lot of girls that admire Donghae and are crazy for him, and yes, he has tried to forget about Park Soo Hyun, but he can't. No matter what, she was the only one for him. He tried talking to other girls, but whenever he did, Soo Hyun's face appeared. He has went on dates but none of them attracted him like Soo Hyun did. He was head over heels in love with Soo Hyun and there was no way to stop him from loving her.

Donghae got in his car, then headed for home. As soon as he was home, he went into his room and laid on his bed. Looking at the ceiling, he thought of what just happened. Flashbacks of Soo Hyun came into his head. The way she blushed when Siwon passed her. The way she stuttered when Eunhyuk spoke to her. Why wasn't she like that with him? He was irritated, she isn't like that to other guys but Siwon and Eunhyuk, but why?

“Taeyeon, can I talk to you for a moment?” Taeyeon spun around. She felt her heart flutter. It was Lee Donghae! Taeyeon has always been interested in Donghae, but she knew that in Donghae's eyes, Soo Hyun was the only one for him. Still, Taeyeon did try to get Donghae's heart, but she never got it. She only became Donghae's friend and that was the furthest she was ever going to get. Still, Taeyeon was happy that she was considered one of the closest girl friends Donghae has.

“Donghae! Uh, sure” Taeyeon replied as Donghae took a seat next to her.

“Does Soo Hyun like Siwon or Eunhyuk?” Donghae asked, looking directly into Taeyeon's eyes making her blush.

She tried to look away, but he was just irresistible. “No, of course not! She doesn't like anyone”

“Then tell me why she blushes deep red whenever Siwon or Eunhyuk is around her” Donghae asked again.

Taeyeon sighed, “I guess it's time to tell you. You see...Soo Hyun is actually... interested in Siwon and Eunhyuk. She blushes at the sight of them because she fancies them but it's not like she likes them you know?”

Donghae blinked once, then once more. Of course it was shocking to him, but he knew deep down that he already saw this coming. “Thanks for telling me.” Donghae stood up, and left.

Taeyeon watched as Donghae left, then sighed.

“Cause I'm halfway gone and I'm on my way
and I'm feeling, feeling, feeling this way”

Soo Hyun stirred around in bed.

“Cause I'm halfway in but don't take to long
cause I'm halfway gone, I'm halfway gone”

Soo Hyun got up and reached for her cell phone. It was Taeyeon. Then she looked at the clock, it was 3am.

“What could she be calling me about at this time of night?” Soo Hyun wondered, then clicked the answer button, “Hello?”

“SOO HYUN. I HATE YOU, OUR FRIENDSHIP IS OVER” Taeyeon shouted, startling Soo Hyun.

“What are you talking about? Friendship? Over? Are you drunk?” Soo Hyun asked.

Taeyeon began slurring her words, “Do you know how much he loves you? Do you have any idea? Do you know how much I hate you? You're hurting him. You don't deserve him. You , just leave him alone!”

Soo Hyun was appalled by what Taeyeon, her best friend said. “Taeyeon, what the hell are you talking about? Goodness, it's 3 am, stop this nonsense. Go to sleep.”

“NO, listen to me. You are so DUMB! You don't know how much Donghae loves you...he LOVES YOU” Taeyeon shouted.

Soo Hyun felt irritated now. “Excuse me? Taeyeon why don't YOU try to be his girlfriend then. I mean, it seems like YOU like him. So stop yelling at me and go bother him” Soo Hyun then clicked the end button. She was agitated now. Who was Taeyeon to yell at her? It's not her fault that Donghae likes her is it? It's not like she's flirting with Donghae, she was just being a good friend of Donghae's. Soo Hyun hung out with Donghae, but it was never a date, there was always friends with them, it was never the two of them alone, or at least if it was only the two of them, she doesn't remember it because it wasn't important. So what was Taeyeon blabbing about? Donghae probably doesn't even like Soo Hyun! Donghae could get any girl he wanted, what would he want with her? He's popular, smart, athletic, cute, nice, rich, talented and more, and she was just...Soo Hyun, just an average girl. Soo Hyun shrugged off the thought of the call and just pretended that Taeyeon was joking, then went back to bed.

“Taeyeon!” Soo Hyun shouted, but Taeyeon just continued walking. Soo Hyun locked her car, then chased after Taeyeon, “You aren't still upset are you? Come on now Taeyeon, stop being childish”

Taeyeon spun around then gave a fierce slap across Soo Hyun's face, “WAKE UP. I'm tired of you. You act oblivious to the fact that DONGHAE LIKES YOU. Wake up, realize that he's a catch and that may be you guys are meant to be. You know how many girls would KILL to be in your place? Do you know? I loved him since the beginning of our freshmen year at this college, and I noticed the way he looks at you. He is MADLY in love with you. Wake up. If you don't like him, cut him off. The only reason why he keeps stringing along with you is because you have NEVER rejected him. We all know you don't like him back, but you never rejected him either, so STOP IT. If you don't like him, stop it before it's too late. Stop wrapping him around your fingers, let him go.” After Taeyeon was done, she walked off, leaving Soo Hyun speechless.

The bystanders were too speechless, especially Donghae's fans. They finally know who their biggest threat is, and it's Soo Hyun. Donghae too, witnessed everything.

That day Soo Hyun didn't show up for any of her classes. Instead, she went to a bar close by and drank so many glasses of vodka that her bill went over $60. She was slowly getting drunk, but she didn't care, she needed the drinks and she needed more.

“Hey, what's wrong?” A man said, then had his hand on Soo Hyun's shoulder. Soo Hyun turned around, seeing that it was Siwon.

“Leave me alone” Soo Hyun took his hand off her shoulder.

“Do you need someone to cry on? You look like you need it” Siwon offered but Soo Hyun continued chugging her glass of vodka down.

“Slow down, you wouldn't want to kill yourself now” Siwon said, then grabbed her glass and placed it on the counter.

“What are you doing here?” Soo Hyun asked, turning around to face Siwon.

“Ditching class like you, why are you here?” Siwon asked.

“I feel like ” Soo Hyun spat, then turned to the bartender, “One more!”

“No more for you” Siwon said, then pulled Soo Hyun and took her outside the bar.

“What do you think you're doing? Let me go” Soo Hyun said, then jerked her shoulders to escape Siwon's grasp, while getting out of his grasp, she had turned around too fast and fell to the ground.

“Woah there, you're too drunk to drive, I'll take you home.” Siwon said, helping Soo Hyun up.

“Fine, but get there fast” Soo Hyun said, then Siwon took her to his car. Upon entering the car, Soo Hyun realized that Eunhyuk was in the car as well. Eunhyuk gave a big grin as Siwon pushed Soo Hyun in the car.

“On second thought, I'll call someone to pick me up” Soo Hyun said, then tried to get out, but she was pulled back by Eunhyuk.

“Nope, you aren't leaving right now cutie” Eunhyuk said, then started rubbing her thighs.

“Let me go” Soo Hyun shouted, but she was too weak and drunk to get out of Eunhyuk's grasp. Siwon and Eunhyuk's laughter filled her mind, and that was the last thing she remembered.

--

“Wakey wakey, rise and shine!” The voice called out, and the curtains were opening, making the sun's rays hit Soo Hyun's eyes. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her surroundings. It was her room, but how?

“Mom...how am I home?” Soo Hyun asked.

“Well, this nice gentlemen dropped you off home. He said you were drunk and you fell asleep in his car so he didn't want to wake you up” Soo Hyun's mom said, then grabbed the laundry from Soo Hyun's room. “Get ready, and come downstairs for breakfast”

Soo Hyun checked to see if her clothes were in place. The last thing she remembered were the hands of Eunhyuk all over her body, but how? Did someone save her? Did they bring her back after they did their business with her? She felt a scorching pain on her head, hangovers, they're the worst. Soo Hyun went downstairs and sat at the dinner table.

“Hey mom, who dropped me off? What was his name?” Soo Hyun asked.

“He didn't say, but he was really good looking” Her mom replied. Soo Hyun sighed, that wasn't going to help, Siwon AND Eunhyuk are both good looking men. “Oh, and I recognize him, I think he's a friend of yours. He's that boy that always hung out with you since you were a baby”

Soo Hyun thought to herself. She doesn't remember hanging out with any guys until...senior year in high school. How was that possible? Maybe her mom's wrong. “Really? How come I don't remember him?”

“I don't know...if I remember his name, I'll tell you” Her mom answered.

After breakfast, Soo Hyun just went on the couch to watch some tv. She didn't have a class till...12pm, and that was 2 hours from now. She started flipping through the channels, but something caught her eye. It was her kindergarten yearbook on top of the tv. “Mom, is that my kindergarten yearbook?”

Her mom peaked out from the kitchen, then looked at what Soo Hyun was pointing to, “Yeah it is. OH that's right! We were looking at the yearbooks before you left.”

Soo Hyun stood up and went to grab her yearbook, then flipped through the pages. She saw pictures of her classmates, the fieldtrips they went on, and then she came across the “Dreams” page, it was a page of everyone's dreams, their goals, who they want to marry, what they want to be, etc. She saw her dreams, she wanted to be a pediatrician and she wanted to marry some celebrity at the time. Then she saw another kid's, he wanted to be a doctor and he wanted to marry a queen. Soo Hyun laughed, oh how interesting these goals were. Then she looked at another's kid, he wanted to be a superstar, and he wanted to marry...

“I want to marry Park Soo Hyun” She read out loud, then looked at who the kid was. It was...

“Lee Donghae” She shouted. Her mom came out of the kitchen, “Yeah that was his name! Quite the charmer I might add. He left as soon as he went on that dream's page in that yearbook though”

Soo Hyun started having flashbacks of times when Donghae and her were unsepperable...

“Oppa! Wait for me” Little Soo Hyun shouted as she quickly stuffed all her crayons in her backpack, then ran to catch up to Donghae.

“Hurry, we're going to be late” Donghae shouted.

“I'm coming!” Soo Hyun dashed after Donghae, who was already at the ice cream truck.

“We want two vanilla ice cream sticks please” Donghae said as he held up two fingers. Soo Hyun copied him and held up two fingers as well then smiled. After they got their ice cream, they went to sit on a nearby bench.

“Yummy. Fishy oppa, can we go to the park after?” Soo Hyun asked.

Donghae shook his head, “We have to be home”

Soo Hyun frowned, “I want to go to the park!”

“I promise we'll go to the park next time okay?” Donghae said.

Soo Hyun held up her pinky, “Promise?”

Donghae linked his pinky with hers, “I promise”

Soo Hyun smiled at that memory. She remembered that Donghae always fulfilled his promises. He never let her down, and he was always there for her no matter what.

“Oppa...Changmin broke up with me..” The teenager Soo Hyun said as tears fell down her cheeks. Donghae immediately pulled her into a hug.

“He doesn't deserve you then” He whispered then soothed the crying Soo Hyun.

“Am I too ugly? Is that why he broke up with me?” Soo Hyun asked.

Donghae wiped away the tears then shook his head, “You're beautiful, he's the ugly one”

“I love you Donghae oppa” Soo Hyun said.

“I love you too Soo Hyun” Donghae replied then hugged her tighter.

Soo Hyun shook her head. How come she didn't remember until now? Has Donghae always been there for her? She felt her heart beat faster. Why was she blushing?

“Donghae! What college are you going to?” Soo Hyun asked on their final day of being a senior.

“I'm going to ____ college, what about you?” Donghae asked.

“Me too! Wow, I thought you were going to Harvard or something” Soo Hyun said.

“No, they didn't accept me” Donghae lied, but Soo Hyun never noticed that he was lying.

“Well I'm glad we can be together” Soo Hyun chirped, then hugged Donghae.

Donghae hugged her back tighter and whispered, “I love you” but Soo Hyun didn't hear him at the time.

“Thank goodness you're going to the same college as me” She shouted.

“He could've gone to Harvard...” Soo Hyun whispered, then gasped. He stayed for her! All this time, why didn't she notice it? He does love her...and she loves him. She got her keys out and went into her car. She dialed his number, but no answer. “, where is he?” She decided to drive to his house.

As soon as she made it to his house, she parked the car and rushed out and rang the doorbell frantically. No answer. She dialed his number again, but he still didn't pick up.

Her phone began ringing, it was Taeyeon. “Hello?”

“Soo Hyun! Come to the hospital, NOW” Taeyeon shouted.

“Wait why? Are you okay?” Soo Hyun asked.

“I'm okay...” Taeyeon paused before finishing the sentence, “But Donghae isn't”

Soo Hyun dropped her hands. She rushed to her car and drove towards the hospital. “Please be alright Donghae. Please”

She rushed in and ran into Taeyeon. “Where is he? Is he alright?”

“Soo Hyun...” Taeyeon started crying.

Soo Hyun looked around, “Where is he?”

Taeyeon still kept crying, but managed to get words out, “He's still...in...the...ER”

Soo Hyun slid to the floor. Donghae was always there for her. He never allowd her to be hurt, and yet...she couldn't do the same for him. Tears started to swell up in her eyes. Taeyeon went down and hugged her best friend, and the two cried together. After several minutes of nonstop crying, the girls managed to stop.

“What happened to him?” Soo Hyun asked, still sniffing.

“He..got into a fight with Siwon and Eunhyuk. Donghae is strong, but Siwon and Eunhyuk are strong too, and two against one is just not fair” Taeyeon answered.

Soo Hyun was shocked, “He did it for me...”

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked. Then Soo Hyun told the whole incident that happened. “Soo Hyun”

“Hmm?”

“You love Donghae don't you?” Taeyeon asked. Soo Hyun stared at Taeyeon, then nodded. “Then you better treat him right”

“I will” Soo Hyun said, then the girls hugged each other again. The doctor that was performing the surgery came out. Soo Hyun and Taeyeon stood up immediately.

“Is he alright?” The two said at the same time.

“Are you guys family members?” The doctor asked.

“I'm his sister and she's his girlfriend” Taeyeon answered. The doctor took a look at both of them and sighed, “He's in critical condition. He took several mighty blows to his head. He's in a coma state, and I cannot garuantee when he will wake up”

“Can we see him” Taeyeon asked noticing that Soo Hyun went into a state of shock.

“Only one at a time” The doctor replied.

“Soo Hyun, want to go first?” Taeyeon asked but Soo Hyun shook her head. She couldn't bear to see him right now. She waited outside while Taeyeon went inside to see him. She started twirling her fingers, “Please...God, please let him be alright”

Taeyeon came out from the room, then sat next to Soo Hyun, “Do you want to see him now?”

“Yeah...” Soo Hyun answered, then walked in. There he was, he was laying, looking lifeless. He had the life supporter on, and all these lines wrapped around or in him. The sight was depressing her. She took the seat that Taeyeon setted, then grabbed Donghae's hands.

“Donghae...it's Soo Hyun. Please be alright...” Soo Hyun wiped the tears off her cheeks. “Donghae, you can't give up. I never knew that you were ALWAYS there for me. I took you for granted, and I'm sorry. You have every right to stop being my friend, but you were still there for me. I was selfish, and you always gave and gave and gave to me, and all I did was take and take and take from you. I never asked about you, and if anything was wrong with you, but you always listened to me and all my problems. You really are my best friend. And I love you. Donghae, I love you, I want to marry you, so wake up. I love you” Soo Hyun said, then put her head down on his hand and wept.

She felt her hand tighten, it was Donghae, he was squeezing her hand. She looked up and saw that he was smiling at her.

“I love you too” Donghae replied.

“Donghae! But how? Should I call the doctors?” Soo Hyun said, then reached to press the 'Call' button but Donghae stopped her.

“This was all Taeyeon's plan. I woke up when Taeyeon came in, and she told me to keep pretending to be in a coma.” Donghae answered truthfully. Soo Hyun was confused, she didn't know whether to be mad or happy.

“You guys...are evil” Soo Hyun said, and got up to leave but Donghae pulled her back. He was too strong for her, as soon has he pulled her back, she fell right on him.

“I love you” Donghae whispered as he stared at her.

“I love you too” Soo Hyun replied, the two slowly got closer and closer and kissed. The kiss was passionate and long, and Soo Hyun felt her heart flutter. She found the right one.

Snap! There was a flash in the room. Donghae and Soo Hyun broke off the kiss and turned to see that Taeyeon took a picture. “Hee hee hee, cheese?” Taeyeon grinned.

“Get out of here” Donghae shouted, then threw a pillow at Taeyeon who rushed out of the room. “Aishh, that girl, why I-” but he was interrupted by Soo Hyun's kiss.

“Do you realize my love for you now?” Donghae asked as they broke off the kiss.

“Yes, and I love you too” Soo Hyun answered.

“Say that one more time” Donghae smiled.

“I love you” Soo Hyun repeated.

“One more” Donghae said.

“I love you” Soo Hyun repeated.

“Okay one more” Donghae said again.

Soo Hyun pouted, “That's enough!”

“But I like hearing it” Donghae joked.

“Well, you should realize my love now” Soo Hyun said.

“I do, and I love you” Donghae smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Proclamations of Love Series © Imaginatious 2010
6/25/10

Author's Note: I enjoyed writing this one a lot :). It's my longest one-shot I have ever written.