`Sarcastic Love

The Proclamations of Love
The Proclamations of Love Series 2:
Sarcastic Love
Staring,
Dare Carter & Choi Seung Hyun + Kim Jae Joong
“Dare Carter, are you refusing to get me some coffee?” Dare’s evil boss Jae Joong spoke out.

“Mister Kim, I’d advise you not to mess with me right now. I’m on my period, making me 10 times more temperamental towards you. So I suggest that watch what you say to me.” Dare threatened.

“You want to threaten your boss? I can fire you right this instance you know?” Jae Joong threatened back.

“I’ll threaten who I want, when I want” Dare stormed out of the room bumping into someone, “Watch where your going!”

“I’m sorry…” A guys voice spoke out. Dare looked up to find an incredibly good looking man standing in front of her.

++ Dare’s POV ++

I think I have seen a little piece of heaven…he is extremely gorgeous.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you…”

“It’s okay, having a rough day?” He smiled at me. Wow, he has a pretty smile…I can’t stop looking. FOCUS DARE FOCUS.

“Yeah, whatever. Bye.” I had to hurry off, play it cool. He’s most likely a player.

++ Narrative POV ++

“Wow, she sure runs fast…” The guy thought to himself.

“Yo, Seung Hyun what are you standing in front of the doorway for?” Jae Joong asked.

“Nothing, I think I ran into one of your workers, she’s feisty.” Seung Hyun laughed.

“Oh…I’m guessing your talking about Dare. She’s feisty but when I first met her, I thought she was a quiet and timid kind of girl since she barely talked to me” Jae Joong laughed along.

“Dare huh? Hey what do you say if we switch assistants for a while, I want to meet this Dare girl” Seung Hyun suggested while Jae Joong agreed.

++ Seung Hyun’s POV ++

Miss Dare, I will have some fun with you.

--

“What? You mean your going to move me to another office? Did I piss you off that bad?” Dare sighed.

“No, it’s just going to be for a few weeks or something.” Jae Joong said.

“Whatever, give me the address.” Dare demanded.

“He works a few stories up, go to floor 19.” Jae Joong said.

‘Ding! You have reached floor nineteen.’

“Ugh, here goes” Dare finally reached her destination. She was in front of a mister Choi’s office. Dare carefully knocked on the door.

“Come in” A voice was heard from inside the room.

“Uh, hi. My name’s Dare Carter and I’m going to work for you?” Dare said gently, she was never the type to meet new people. In fact, she loathed meeting new people. She knew that everyone she meets always loses her trusts so she will never give anyone the benefit of the doubt, not since that incident.

“Yes, come on in.” The guy said, all Dare could see was the tip of his hair because he was sitting down.

“Okay…” Dare slowly went in.

“Hello, my name’s Choi, Choi Seung Hyun.” The guy slowly turned around.

++ Dare’s POV ++

Hmm, he kind of looks familiar, but where? Where have I seen this particular face of his? Oh wait, it’s that incredibly gorgeous guy! That’s why he looks so familiar.

“It’s you. Sorry about earlier, I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“It’s quite alright, do you think you can handle these files?” His eyes, I can’t stop staring at them. Dare no, he’s a player. Move on!

“Of course, there’s nothing I can’t handle.” Oof, these files are kind of heavy but I shall not show any signs of weaknesses.

--

“Dare, are you done?” Seung Hyun went to Dare’s desk, finding her asleep. Of course, since she was deep in slumber, she started drooling making Seung Hyun laugh.

“Silly girl, you remind me so much of her…” Seung Hyun gently moved her bangs to the side. “Sweet dreams.” He carried her off to his couch, covering her up with his coat.

--

Dare slowly stretched out her arms. She was confused, she could’ve sworn she was working on the files a few hours ago.

++ Dare’s POV ++

Is this his jacket? Did he carry me here? I better finish those files…

“Good morning sunshine.” There he was, sitting on my chair.

“Yeah, thanks for the jacket. I’ll finish up those files today”

“No need, I already finished them for you. Let’s go have breakfast.” Maybe he’s not such a bad guy after all…

“Okay”

--

“So what made you Jae’s secretary?” He looked at me with such curious eyes, which was pretty cute.

“Well, his pay is good and I mean he chose me so I just accepted”

“That’s kind of strange, usually Jae’s secretaries are guys if you know what I mean.” He winked at me. Wait, could it be? Jae’s gay? No way, he can’t be. Well it’s possible since he’s so pretty but…Jae Joong? No way!

++ End POV ++

“What do you mean? I don’t think he’s gay.” Dare replied.

“I guess, so where are you from?” Seung Hyun asked.

“I actually don’t know. Ever since this car accident, I don’t ever recall my childhood or teenage years” Dare answered honestly.

“Wow…I’m sorry to hear that” Seung Hyun said earnestly.

“It’s okay, I’m not going to let it bother me at all. Besides I can stand on my own two feet, that’s all that matters” Dare smiled a genuine smile making Seung Hyun’s heart thump faster.

++ Seung Hyun’s POV ++

What is this feeling? I can’t. I can’t betray my love. But why, around Dare, I always get this…feeling. Maybe my hearts telling me to move on and replace her with Dare…

“So did anything happen to you after the accident?” Dare’s face, it started becoming dark. Maybe that was a bad question. “Don’t answer it if you don’t want to.”

“No it’s okay, I trust you.” Ba-bump. Ba-bump. Just those words got my heart beating even faster. I think I have an illness. “You see, at the hospital, this guy. He told me that we were married. He took advantage of me. He used me, but I broke out of his grasp. I made sure that he will never find me.”

“..I’m so sorry.” Seeing her face makes me want to protect her…

“Its okay, I don’t want to continue this serious talk, let’s move on” Dare smiled at me. I won’t let you suffer anymore.

++ End POV ++

“So what about you? Any sad stories to tell me?” Dare asked.

“No, not really. I live a normal life sorry” Seung Hyun joked.

“Not funny, tell me please! I told you my ugly sad story” Dare begged.

“Fine, well my lover. She passed away a few weeks ago, that’s what her parents told me…honestly I know they just want to hide her from me. Her parents and I, we aren’t on the best terms. You see, my father owns her father’s company and my father looks down on them, so her parents look down at me thinking I’m just like my old man. But no matter what, we vowed that we’ll always be together. I think it’s all over, if she really is dead, how come there was no funeral? If she’s being hidden, she would’ve contacted me by now, I really don’t know” Seung Hyun sighed. This was the first time he told anyone the whole truth.

“Wow, your story is lame!” Dare joked. “But I’m sorry though, it must be hard for you.”

“What would you know” Seung Hyun joked.

“Actually a lot, you see at night I have these dreams of this girl and this guy. It’s really weird, usually in dreams don’t you dream about yourself? But in my dreams, its always about this girl and this guy. Although the faces are blurred, I can tell they were smiling brightly at each other” Dare smiled.

“Wow, maybe your just a romantic type of girl” Seung Hyun joked.

“Whatever, I wish” Dare laughed.

--

“ARGH, IT HURTS!” Dare screamed, unfortunately she lives alone so no one was there to help her out. Dare screamed even louder, she kept it going until she out.

--

“Wheres that girl. She’s taking too long” Seung Hyun was never the patient type. Suddenly the phone rang.

“Hello, this is Choi Seung Hyun speaking.” Murmurs could be heard from the phone. Seung Hyun who was shock, dropped his phone, grabbed his keys and rushed out the door. While rushing out, he bumped into Jae Joong.

“What the hell man, where are you going?” Jae Joong yelled after him.

“The hospital! Dare…she’s in there!” Seung Hyun yelled back.

“Wait, I’m coming with you!”

--

“Is she going to be okay?” Seung Hyun asked.

“She’s fine, its just the plastic surgery she had, she’s suppose to have her dosages on her cheeks” The doctor explained.

“You mean…she had plastic surgery?” Jae Joong asked.

“Yeah, it looks like it. She had it to cover her scars on her face.” The doctor explained.

“Wait so is that her natural face?” Jae Joong asked.

“Not at the moment, she’ll return to her natural face after we take the stitches out.” The doctor explained.

“Oh, thank you doctor” Jae Joong bowed politely.

“Are we allowed to see her?” Seung Hyun finally spoke out.

“No, not right now. You will be in three or four days after we fix her face” The doctor replied.

“Okay..”

--

“Its been four days already what’s taking them so long!?” Seung Hyun asked impatiently.

“Be patient, she’s having surgery” Jae Joong replied.

++ Dare POV ++

Ever since that day, I remember. I remember it all. Everything. My family, my friends, my close ones and mostly I remember who I am.

“DARE! LET US IN, she’s done isn’t she?” I could already hear Seung Hyun’s voice from outside. I couldn’t help but let out a giggle, he was always the silly type.

++ End POV ++

“Fine, you guys can go in” The doctor sighed.

“Dare? Are you alright?! We were so worried did you know how” Seung Hyun stopped. He was speechless.

“Hello oppa, I missed you” Dare smiled.

“Oppa?” Jae Joong was confused.

“..Dare…I should’ve known it was you!” Seung Hyun replied.

“I’m sorry oppa, I didn’t mean to abandon you” Dare had a voice of regret.

“No, its all my fault, I never should’ve told you anything” Seung Hyun replied.

“Excuse me? I’m lost, explain to the almighty Jae Joong please” Jae Joong butted himself in the conversation.

“Jae, Dare’s the girlfriend I was telling you about…” Seung Hyun said.

“Wait! Dare? But how come you didn’t know it was her, are you that stupid?” Jae Joong retorted.

“No, it’s not his fault. After the accident, the doctor showed me my face, I hated myself, I told him to cover everything up, and he did.” Dare explained.

“It really is you!” Seung Hyun smiled.

“Of course it’s me, who else!” Dare smiled back.

“You have no idea how much I missed you!” Seung Hyun picked her up.

“Wait, you were going to cheat on me with myself, your no good!” Dare joked.

“No! It’s because my heart knew it was you deep down, that’s why I felt an attraction to you!” Seung Hyun retorted.

“I love you” Dare asked seriously.

“Really?” Seung Hyun smiled big.

“No. I was being sarcastic” Dare smiled even bigger.

“Jerk, I hate you” Seung Hyun pouted.

“I hate you too” Dare replied in a smile making Seung Hyun pout even more.

“Noo, I’m sorry don’t hate me!” Seung Hyun replied.

“Whatever, I forgive you!” Dare smiled. As they gazed into each others eyes, slowly coming closer.

“WAIT, DON’T KISS INFRONT OF ME!” Jae Joong screamed.

++ One of Dare & Seung Hyun’s Sarcastic Love Moments ++

“Dare! You called me?” Seung Hyun shouted.

“Ew, who would want to call you?” Dare replied.

“But you love me!” Seung Hyun replied.

“Yeah, ohh I love you so much” Dare replied in a sarcastic tone.

“Aww, really? I love you too!” Seung Hyun replied in a wide smile.

“Are you kidding me, of course I love you!” Dare laughed rolling her eyes.

“I love you more!” Seung Hyun laughed.

“I was sarcastic loser…I won’t fall for you!” Dare stuck her tongue out.

===========================================================================

The Proclamations of Love Series ©Imaginatious 2008-10
05/08/09