`Reality in My Heart

The Proclamations of Love
The Proclamations of Love Series 1:
Reality in My Heart.
Staring,
Han Yae Jin & Park Jae Bum + Kim Jae Joong
“I never took this life for granted. I knew that one day, my time will be up. I’ve been preparing myself for this day, hoping that one day I can leave this place without being sad. But now I have a reason to fight for my life. I have a reason to live because of this love and most importantly, because you’re the reality in my heart.”

++ Several months ago ++

“Yae Jin! Are you hungry?” Jae Joong asked me. I am never in the mood to eat not since that day.

++ Flashback ++

“I’m sorry Miss Han, your results are positive. You are in need of a heart transplant or you will not be able to live for more than 6 months” Those words, those words attacked me like no other.

“YAE JIN, YAE JIN!” As the darkness covered everything up, the voices slowly began to fade.

++ End ++

“Yae Jin, you have to eat. Please, I can’t stand to see you like this. We’ll find you that heart donor no matter what.” Jae Joong, he’s always the dependable type. I don’t know what I would do without him.

“It’s alright, I can manage…it’s just a little shocking if you know what I mean?”

“Yae Jin…let’s go out! I’m pretty sure you don’t want to stay in this boring house” Jae Joong grabbed my hands and led me out the door.

“But Jae…I don’t want to.” Too late, he already shoved me in the car.

--

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” The screams of the people on the rides were heard from the parking lot.

“Let’s go scream your lungs out. It’ll help you a lot, trust me.” Jae Joong smiled at me, sometimes he really is a knight in shining armor.

“Okay!”

As we got on the fastest ride, I got my lungs ready for some major screaming.
“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” I yelled as loud and as long as I could. Jae was right, it really helps.

“How was it? Wasn’t it relaxing?” Jae asked, of course tired from the yelling I just nodded.

“I’ll be back, I’ll go get some water for you” Once again, I nodded.

“Hey watch out!” Just as I heard the voice, I felt a pair of arms grabbing me and pulling me towards the opposite direction.

“Are you okay? You almost got ran over by that cyclist” The man who grabbed me…he looked so familiar.

“Y…yes. I’m fine”

“Well be careful would you? I can’t see a cute girl like you dying at this age”

Ouch, that hit a nerve…

“I’m sorry, did I say something wrong?” The guy asked me.

“No, it’s just I’m still in shock I guess. I’m fine, thank you sir” I smiled gently at him.

“Your welcome! By the way, my name’s Park Jae Bum come back here sometime!” I heard him yelling after me. Park Jae Bum…

“Yae Jin! Where were you, I got worried that you went off without me.” Jae Joong, he’s always the worry type.

“I’m fine, let’s come back here tomorrow okay?”

--

Man, I hope that girl comes today. Wait, is that her? THAT IS HER!

“MISS MISS! Wait! Remember me?” I tried my hardest to rush to her.

“Yeah your name’s Park…Jae something right?” The girl looks cute when she’s thinking hard.

“Yeah, Park Jae Bum. What’s your name?”

“My name’s Han Yae Jin”

“Pretty name for a pretty girl like you”

“Thank you sir. Well I have to go, bye.”

“What? Now? Wait, call me!” I wrote my number on her hand. I hope she does call.

--

Yae Jin and I have been meeting at the amusement park for several weeks now. Honestly, whenever I’m around her, I feel as if my heart is beating faster and faster.

“Jae Bum, did you hear me?”

“Sorry, I didn’t hear you…wait. I have a surprise for you…”

[ Narrative POV sorry this had to be in this POV.]

Jae Bum took out a heart pendant necklace. Which shocked Yae Jin.

“But why? It’s not my birthday…” Yae Jin said.

“I want you to be my girlfriend…” Jae Bum tried to suppress his eagerness.

“…I can’t.” And with that said Yae Jin started to walk away.

“Why? I’ve always loved you, you know that? I always see you with your friend at the amusement park. That day I saved you, that wasn’t the first time I saw you. I won’t abandon you. I’ll treat you right, I promise” Jae Bum yelled after her.

++ End ++

“It was my choice to reject you. Of course the rejection didn’t end well. Everything was moving so fast, I couldn’t believe anything. But of course, like you said…you never abandoned me.”

++ Flashback ++

“Please Yae Jin, just listen to me. I promise, just one date and if you don’t like it I’ll leave you alone.”

“Sorry man, she doesn’t want to come out. She needs space. Just leave her alone”

“NO, I want to see her. I demand an explanation.”

++ Night Club ++

“ONE MORE VODKA PLEASE” Jae Bum yelled at the bartender while slurring his words.

“Your drunk, no more.”

“HEY, it’s your duty to serve the customer, so SERVE ME!” Once again Jae Bum yelled.

“Jae Joong come here, get this man out of here” The bartender signaled.

“Ugh, it’s you again. Look man do you really love her?” Jae Joong asked.

“OF COURSE! I love that woman” Jae Bum said while slurring his words.

“Then sober up and meet me tomorrow, I’ll tell you everything” Jae Joong said.

--

“Yae Jin, you see the reason why she doesn’t want to have a relationship with you is because you will be the one ending up hurt. She doesn’t want that. She wants you to live your life while she’s gone. She doesn’t need you to worry about her when you can be living your life.”

“Wait, what do you mean?”

“I mean she has a heart tumor, and since heart tumors are rare, the only thing that the doctors can offer are drugs to keep her healthy just a little bit longer. But being Yae Jin she dislikes medication so she stopped having them for two months now. She’s in her critical stage of the tumor since it’s growing bigger everyday. Right now there are no heart donors so she’s keeping her love for you on the minimum. She doesn’t want you hurt in anyway”

Jae Bum was speechless. He could’ve swore that Yae Jin was healthy. She seemed healthy. She didn’t seem sick at all, what’s going on.

++ End ++

“I will always love you. Everyday, I will feel you in me day by day. You will always be here.” Yae Jin stopped talking as she turned towards the casket. “I will always hate you for donating your heart to me. But I will always love you, forever and ever till the end.”

++ Flashback ++

“Is this Miss Han?”
“Yes this is she, what’s the matter?”
“Please come to the hospital right away, it’s about your friend Jae Bum”

--

“He wanted you to have his heart…” Yae Jin filled with so many emotions…collapsed.

“YAE JIN! Are you okay?” Jae Joong asked as soon as she started waking up.

“…I had a dream. They said that he died…”

“Yae…he did.”

“No…hahaha your funny. There’s no way on earth he would do that.” Yae Jin laughed like a maniac. She was about to explode, what kind of trick is this world playing on her.

“Miss Han? This is Park Jae Bum’s letter to you” Yae Jin ripped the envelope and started to read the letter out loud.

“Dear Yae Jin,
I found out about your tumor. I can’t believe that’s why you didn’t want to be with me. Honestly, I don’t care. I want to stay with you. Help you get rid of that tumor, but the only was is if you get a heart. So I’m offering you mine so this way, you won’t reject me since you’ll always have a ‘piece of my heart’ get it? I really truly love you. Before the next day, I always wonder if you would show up to the amusement park…remember that one time you were late? I begged the owners to keep it open for you, I had faith in you. No matter what, I know you’ll achieve the best. So please, I beg of you, live your life. Live it since now I am living with you. I want you to make me proud. Use my heart in ways you can’t imagine. Go, try it out. Run a marathon, do whatever it takes. But know that I will always be watching over you.
Yours truly,
Park Jae Bum”

++ End ++

“Jae Bum, do you see me? I’m living for you. I’m tasting, seeing, feeling, hearing, and smelling everything in life for you. You better be watching.” Yae Jin yelled as she looked up in the sky as the petals of the cherry blossoms starting falling from the sky. “I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU”

===============================================================================

The end :).

Hope you like it!
The Proclamations of Love Series ©Imaginatious 2008-2010
05/07/09