`Story for Reiko (Vanilla Sky's Applicant)

The Proclamations of Love
Requester: Reiko
Site: http://vanilla-sky-wb.blogspot.com/
I the television, and flipped the channels till I arrived on a group of guys singing and dancing. It was Hey! Say! 7. I saw my brother moving around and singing, the crowd was going wild. I gave a soft smile, I was really proud of him. I'm Yamada Reiko, and my twin brother Yamada Ryosuke, is a famous singer. As their song ended, Ryosuke showed our secret sign that he always makes whenever he finishes a show. It was a sign that was especially meant for me.

“Hey! Say! 7, everybody!” The host shouted while clapping. My brother and his group started waving while exiting the stage.

“Did you see it Reiko? Did I do well?” Ryosuke asked. As always, whenever they would finish a show, he would call me asking if he was good.

Of course I always answered that he did amazingly well. You could say our relationship is very close. Being twins, we always had this feeling of closeness from the very beginning. It's like he's my other half. We could always understand what the other is thinking without having to talk.

“Ryosuke, let's go” Another voice was heard in the background.

“Sorry sis, I have to go, bye! Are we still eating dinner tonight?” Ryosuke asked before hanging up.

“Yeah, I'll come by, bye Ryo” I answered, then hung up the phone.

As I went up to his apartment complex, I knocked on the door. Instead of seeing Ryosuke, it was his friend, Yuto, looking at him staring at me with innocent eyes made my heart beat rapidly.

“Oh, Ryosuke went out with our manager, he'll be back soon” Yuto answered before I could even ask.

“I see, well...” Before I could finish, Yuto opened the door and walked away. I went into the apartment, and closed the door.

“You really look like Ryo, you know?” Yuto said while sitting down. I gave a small smile.

“Well, we are twins after all” I replied.

“Yeah I know, but I'm just saying. It's weird seeing you as a girl, and Ryo as a boy, you guys look too alike that it's creep that you're twins” Yuto said. What he said made my heart feel a bit hurt. He couldn't see me as a girl?

This boy, he's always blunt and honest, “well thanks. I think...so you think of me as a boy? That's nice...”

“No I could never think of you as a boy, you're a girl” Yuto gave a smile. It was actually a cute smile, for a second I thought he was actually cute.

“So where did Ryo go?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“He went out to get food” Yuto answered. Silence broke out, neither of us could talk about anything but I felt his stares, it was piercing through me. He just kept looking at me, which made my heart beat faster and faster.

“Is there something on my face or what? Why do you keep looking at me?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“No, sorry. It's just you really look like him, I can't stop looking” Yuto answered, slightly blushing, he looked away. Him blushing made me giggle to myself, he was so cute.

“So where is everyone else?” I asked, looking around. I was sure that their boy group had more members.

“They went with our manager to buy food too” Yuto answered.

“You're the only one left? Why didn't you go?” I asked, Yuto remained silent, “Oh, sorry. Don't answer if you don't want to.” The silence returned. Neither of us could talk to each other without silence occurring but still, I wanted to talk to him. I had a crush on a boy who doesn't like talking to me.

Before I met Yuto, I was always attracted to him. Ryosuke would always tell me about the things he and Yuto did. I felt like Yuto was a really interesting person. Little did I know, I had feelings for Yuto even though I never spoke one word to him. I developed a crush on Yuto.

I remember the first time I met him, he never spoke one word to me, the other members did, but he just stood there. I felt a big disappointed in it, I really wanted to talk to him and get to know him, but he just stood there, isolating himself from me. The first time he actually spoke to me was on Ryosuke and my birthday, he just said happy birthday, I was so shocked but I was happy, he was talking to me, but before I could say anything he left to talk to Ryosuke. Ever since that day, we would talk little by little, but still the silence occurred. I always wondered why he would never talked to me, because usually on shows, I see him talking so much. He's so loud and energetic but with me, he's always quiet and calm but still, I felt that attraction for him lingering.

The day that we actually talked freely, was when he taught me how to play basketball. I never felt so happy, it was just amazing. We bonded and my crush for him developed even further.

The door opened, and it was Ryosuke, along with the rest of the group. “Sorry we're late Reiko, we couldn't decide what to eat” Ryosuke explained while carrying bags in.

“It's okay” I replied.

“Yuto, did you do anything to my sister while we were gone?” Ryosuke joked while Yuto began to blush again. Ryosuke started laughing, “I was just kidding, don't worry. I don't know why you offered to stay home, it wasn't necessary”

I looked up at Yuto who looked back at me and turned away. Why would he volunteer to stay when he doesn't even like talking to me? I had a quizzical look on my face.

“Well, let's eat” Ryosuke shouted. We all sat down and began eating. While eating, I could feel the stares of the other members.

“Reiko, you're so cute when you eat” Keito said, breaking the silence.

I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks, “thanks.” Yuto dropped his chopsticks and stood up immediately. Then rushed to my side, grabbing my hand and led me outside. What in the world was happening?

“Yuto? What's wrong with you?” I asked, but he wouldn't explain, he just led me to the parking lot. He stopped once we were far from the apartment, then turned around to face me.

“Reiko, I like you” Yuto said. I was shocked, the Yuto that I thought hated me, is confessing to me.

“Yuto...don't you hate me?” I accidentally allowed the question to slip out of my mouth.

Yuto had a shocked face and shook his head, “No, I never hated you. The day I saw you, I fell for you, it's just, I could never find the right words to say to you”

Still shocked, I couldn't find the right words to say, “Yuto, all this time, I thought you hated me. I don't think this will work...” I didn't know what I was saying, I felt like my mouth was talking for me. I didn't mean to say that, but I said it anyway.

With a sad look on his face, Yuto tried to smile at me, “It's okay, I'm sorry for grabbing you like that”

That was the last time Yuto ever tried to talk to me again. Days passed by, which turned into weeks, then months passed by. Ryosuke still tried to ask me what happened that day. He was confused by our faces when we returned to the table. That day, we ate dinner in silence. Everyone was confused by Yuto's sad face and mines. That was the last time I ever saw Yuto in person again.

+Yuto's Point of View+

“Yuto, what's wrong with you lately?” Keito asked while sitting down next to me.

“Nothing” I stood and went into my room, leaving Keito speechless.

Reiko, I always loved her. Ryosuke would always talk about how Reiko was this perfect and gentle girl. I always felt interested in her even though it was just stories. The day we met, she looked like an angel. She was smiling warmly at everyone and when I walked towards her to introduce myself, Ryutaro had already beat me to the punch. I just stood there, watching her as she laughed with the guys. I just couldn't approach her.

The day I actually spoke to her, it was for her birthday. I mustered up all the courage I had, and went up to say happy birthday. She had this shocked look on her face, which led me to think that she hated me. After seeing her face, I immediately left to talk to Ryosuke. Ryosuke is a smart man. He picked up the signs and found out that I liked Reiko.

-Flashback-

“Hey Yuto, I was wondering, do you have feelings for my sister?” Ryosuke asked, making me speechless. I didn't know how to answer him. “That's what I thought, if you like her, why don't you try to talk to her?” That day, I made the decision to talk to her.

“Hey Ryosuke, what brings you here?” Reiko smiled, then saw me and waved, “Yuto, you came also?”

“We just wanted to see where you worked” Ryosuke answered.

“Well, don't bother me, I don't want fan girls discovering you guys and attacking the cafe” Reiko said then added, “go sit in the back, I'll be back there soon”

While walking to the back room, Ryosuke nudged me, “why aren't you talking to her? I only brought you here so you can make a move on her”

“I can't, I don't know what to say to her” I replied. Ryosuke just shook his head.

Reiko came in the back after we had settled in, Ryosuke sighed and decided to speak for me, “Reiko, I have to go talk to mom, entertain Yuto”

“Alright” Reiko answered then sat next to me. I felt my heartbeats getting faster and faster, my palms began to sweat. The silence took over, I didn't know what to say, but Reiko decided to break the silence, “So, Yuto, how was your day?”

“It was okay, how was yours?” I asked while looking at her. For a split second, I felt a electric shock going through both our bodies while staring into her eyes, I knew she felt it too because she couldn't answer me.

Ending out eye contact, Reiko coughed and replied, “it was okay, pretty hectic here though. Today at school, I tried to play basketball, but I wasn't so good”

“If you want...I could teach you?” I offered and bit my lip, how could I teach her? I was trying too hard.

Reiko smiled, “could you? We have a basketball court out back, let's go” Reiko grabbed my hand and took me out back.

I taught her the basics, the dribbles, how to arch your hand when shooting, and a few shooting techniques. I felt myself slowly being able to talk to her. We were just joking around, laughing the whole entire time, I felt myself really being myself around her. Once the clock hit five, I had to leave. Reluctantly, we stopped playing and went back in. Saying our goodbyes, my heart ached, I didn't want to leave, but I had to.

-Flashback end-

Ryosuke came into the room, sitting down on the end of my bed, he looked at me, “you confessed to my sister?”

I turned to the other side, avoiding him.

“Yuto, you can't expect her to reply with a positive answer if you don't even talk to her” Ryosuke said.

“I know” I answered, then Ryosuke left.

“Oh hi Reiko, are you visiting your brother again?” Keito shouted, I could hear him from inside my room.

“No, actually, I was wondering where Yuto is” Reiko answered, I jolted up from my bed, she was trying to find me? Reiko...was trying to find me. I came out of my room and Reiko looked at me.

“What do you need?” I asked harshly, I didn't mean to, but it came out that way.

“Can we talk?” Reiko asked, Keito, getting the signal went back into his room.

“Sure” I walked outside with her.

“Yuto, I was thinking about your confession, how about we start off as friends?” Reiko implied. I was happy with that answer, friends, that would be nice.

“Yeah, friends” I smiled at her.

+Narrative's Point of View+

It's been a year since Reiko and Yuto became “friends”. They slowly began to talk to each other more. Yuto wasn't as shy around Reiko as he was before. They went to the movies, parks, shows, etc. Reiko's feelings for Yuto developed from a crush to a serious like.

“Reiko, pass the ball!” Yuto shouted as Reiko sent a chest pass to Yuto who did a quick layup.

“Wow, not fair. Since when did my sister get good at basketball?” Ryosuke complained. Keito patted his shoulder, “it's okay Ryo, we'll get them back. Come with me to get water, I'm thirsty.”

Reiko began laughing, “thanks for training me Yuto. Now my brother can't make fun of me”

Yuto smiled and handed Reiko her water, “no problem”

While grabbing her water, her finger tips touched the tip of Yuto's. Looking into her eyes, Yuto took a step closer.

“Reiko?” Yuto said softly. Reiko kept staring into Yuto's eyes, her heart was throbbing.

“Yes?” Reiko replied.

“Remember that day when I confessed to you? Well, will you be my girlfriend now? Are we done with the friendship phase?” Yuto asked while slowly moving the hair out of Reiko's face. Reiko smiled and slowly got closer to Yuto then placed her lips on his.

“Does that answer your question?” Reiko smiled.

“That answers a lot of my questions” Yuto replied while placing her hand in his and gave a soft kiss on her lips again.

“I think we came in at the wrong time Ryo” Keito said, interrupting the lovebird's moment.

“Yeah, let's leave...before we get too engrossed in this” Ryosuke said, “Yuto, you better treat her right” Ryosuke gave a wink at Yuto.

“I will, don't worry” Yuto answered then looked back at Reiko who was blushing furiously, “look who's the tomato head now” Yuto joked while pinching Reiko's cheeks.

“Hey, shut up. It was usually you who always blushed so don't try to act all cool now” Reiko retorted making Yuto laugh.

+Reiko's Point of View+

I turned to the channel where my brother, Yuto and their group were on. As usually, they sang their songs and danced around. At the end, my brother gave the signal that he always gave, but this time Yuto went next to him and gave me the best signal of all times. He made a heart with his hands and winked. I smiled and started laughing.

The phone rang, and right away, I knew who it was, “Reiko, did you see that?”

“Of course I did silly, stop doing that, what if the fan girls get crazy and think it's for them?”

“My heart is only for you, it's been yours ever since the day Ryosuke told me stories about you.”I smiled.

“I love you”
“I love you too”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this story was a bit rushed. The disadvantage of this story was that I didn't relaly know what to write about? Also, I didn't really know the Hey! Say! 7 group, so I couldn't capture Yuto's personality. Sorry if it seems rushed, I hope you enjoyed though!

The Proclamations of Love Series ©Imaginatious 2008-10
4/17/10