Strong Friendship

Finding Her Someone

"What does this mean?" Hani asked Sana as she showed Sana her homework.

Sana helped Hani figure our her assignment and then, with very much hesitation, she asked her something that had been at the back of her head for a while. "You've know Ken for a while, right?"

Hani looked up at Sana confused at her sudden question. "Yeah, why do you ask? I thought we had already established this."

Sana nodded. "Yeah, but... you must really know Ken."

Hani slowly nodded as she started to wonder where Sana was going with this. "I did. We were really close back in high school. Best friends even."

Sana bit her bottom lip as she slowly nodded. She looked down for a moment making Hani smile. "But then Jisu took that place," Hani slowly continued to see Sana's reaction.

Sana looked up and mumbled, "Right... they're quite close."

Sana had almost forgotten that Ken and Jisu were close friends and Jisu was the reason she knew Ken in the first place. She wondered how many girls Ken had been close with before.

"You know, I used to like Ken," Hani said as she stared off into space.

Sana looked at Hani, surprised at the sudden conffesion. She never knew this, but then again she and Hani weren't ever that close for her to tell her something like that.

"But he was always too oblivious, foolish, and stupid to notice all the signals I sent him. He's always been like that. Too focused on the fun around him to see anything else," Hani said with a slight chuckle. "You know, same goes for Jisu."

Sana tilted her head before she understood what Hani was saying. Jisu had also liked Ken. "I always figured she liked him... I guess I forgot after..."

"After you grew closer to him?" Hani asked and Sana nodded. "It was always obvious that Jisu liked him. But of course he didn't notice that either."

"I guess he doesn't really know how to deal with things like love," Sana mumbled as she looked back at the dirt.

Hani snorted earning her self a weird look from Sana. "Sorry it's just... I think he's learning more about it now."

"What do you mean?" Sana asked trying to understand Hani's weird way with words.

"I have to get to my next class, thank you for the help," Hani said as she stood up and walked away.

Sana opened to protest but then shut it and just sat there, wondering why she was feeling the way she was. It was bittersweet. Like coffee. She didn't like it.

"Where is he anyways," Sana asked as she took her phone out to call him. As she was about to press the contact number she stopped herself.

Since when did she wonder where he was? Maybe they just spent so much time together that she felt his missing presence. But she shouldn't care about that, right?

"Yeah, I don't need to know where he is. I shouldn't care," Sana said as she put her phone up. Only a second later she took it back out as she stood up and dialed his number.

"Hello?" Ken answered almost immediately. Sana figured he wasn't busy since he answered so fast.

~~

Hongbin blew his bangs as he scanned the gym. He knew he wouldn't be able to make a shot from where he was, especially since he was surrounded by Ravi, N and Leo, the oposing team. Hyuk was too far to be able to pass the ball to him.

His only choice was Ken who was signaling him to pass it over from where the other team couldn't see.

Making his final decision, he tried passing the ball to Ken. And much to his luck, the other team was caught off guard. And apperantly so was Ken. 

At that same time Ken's phone rang and he immediately answered as he heard the ring tone he had set for Sana. "Hello?"

Behind him he heard the ball that he was supposed to catch bounce off.

"Hey, what are you up to right now?" He heard Sana asked.

Ken turned around and saw how Ravi had stolen the ball and passed it to Leo who made a shot. Hyuk and Hongbin then turned to him, fuming with anger. They could have won if only Ken hadn't answered the phone at that moment.

"Nothing much," Ken mumbled quick as he turned back around.

"Lee Jaehwan!" He heard Hongbin call him from the back.

"So why are you calling?" Ken asked as he started to head outside the gym.

"I just wanted to know what you were up to," Sana mumbled.

Ken smiled as he started walking over to the side of the school he knew Sana was always at. "I was playing with the members, nothing much. Do you want to go ahead and get involved in Hannah and Sujung's business?"

Sana chuckled and said, "I really want them to be friends again. You have no idea how awkward it is when they both text me if I want to hang out at the same time. I'd rather they just hang out with each other and leave me out of it."

"Well then maybe we should help them out," Ken said and stopped when he saw Sana walking with her phone held up to her ear.

"I gotta go," Ken said with a smile and hung up before Sana could say anything. He saw Sana look at her phone confused.

"Sana!" Ken yelled before he ran over to her.

Sana looked up confused and saw Ken running over to her. She wondered how he found her. But it was Ken after all.

"Hey," Sana smiled.

"Hey," Ken returned. "So, uh, let's get going and see what we can do to help Hannah and Sujung. Sana slowly nodded and the two headed off into their own little adventure.

~~

"I can't apologize," Hannah said as she stuffed her books into her bag.

"Why not?" Sana asked as she took a seat at the desk next to Hannah.

Sana and Ken had found Hannah studying in an empty classroom and decided to talk to her about the problem that was bugging everyone at this point.

"Because I don't think she'd be willing to forgive me," Hannah sighed as she sat back down.

Ken took the other seat and shook his head. "How bad must it be if you're scared to say you're sorry?"

Hannah scratched her head in shame as she said, "Well, you know, just... uh. You know how delicate she is when it comes to Myungsoo?"

Sana nodded and Hannah bit her bottom lip. "Well, I was angry and yelled at her saying some things about her and Myungsoo, because they haven't talked ever since that incident. And at the moment I hadn't realized what I said."

"You were caught up in the moment and said it out of anger," Sana said softly understanding what Hannah was saying. "She'll understand that."

Hannah let out a sigh of frustraition as she leaned back. "I'm scared she won't. We've all been friends since we were four. Sujung, Jisu, Minjee, and I, but I feel like I ruined that."

 Sana shook her head slowly. "That won't happen. If you're this worried about your friendship, I'm sure she is too. And she'll accept your apology as long as she knows you're being sincere."

Hannah slowly nodded and then looked up at Ken and Sana. She wondered how these two came to be like this. Working together, helping their friends out. It was like the tables had turned.

"You should apologize before it gets too late," Ken then said.

Hannah nodded and stood up. "You're right. We've all been best friends since we were four, I'm sure she'll forgive me."

And before either Ken or Sana could say anything, Hannah was already out the door.

"All four of them have been best friends since they were four, but what about you?" Ken asked as he turned his attention to Hannah. "I thought you were also friends with them that long."

Sana looked away from the doorway and looked at Ken. She slightly shook her head, remembering how she and the others had met and became friends. "No. I joined the group in high school."

"Really? Jisu never told me. She had told me they all knew each other since they were four so I just assumed you did too."

Sana raised an eyebrow, never have known Ken was close enough to Jisu before to know that much. "No, I moved to their hometown in high school, and was new at the school. Then Jisu told me to sit with them the first day of school, and it went on from there."

 Ken listened and nodded his head with amazement as he listened to the story of how Sana met them all. "That sounds like something Jisu would do."

"Yeah, but up until this day, I still don't understand why she did it. From what I had heard, the four girls, and Jisu's sister's friends, never let anyone into their group and only stuck to each other," Sana said as she thought about those rummors she had heard that year.

Ken slowly nodded as he watched Sana talk. He remembered that day when he had yelled at her saying how he didn't understand how she was friends with Jisu and she didn't deserve those friends. He had been wrong. Seeing how she spoke right now, with such awe and amazement, he realized she cared a whole lot more.

"And I heard Jisu was very cold when it came to others she didn't know or care for.  So I always wondered, why me? On that day, she could have just not cared like everyone else in the classroom, but she didn't," Sana kept speaking. The things she had always wondered for years, they were coming out now.

"Because she saw something in you," Ken said. "You said you were scared that day. Of being alone. Of no one caring. But she didn't leave you alone, and she cared."

Sana nodded. "But what did she see?"

Ken shrugged. "That's as far as I know Jisu. I don't know what she saw. Why didn't you ever ask her?"

Sana sighed as she stared off into nothing. "I don't know. I guess I was scared. I had already been lucky enough that she took notice of me, so I didn't want to question any further."

Ken nodded and said, "You should asked her."

"Maybe one day. One day, when I've gained currage, then I'll ask her."

~~

 

"What are you doing?" Sungyeol asked as he watched Jisu on the floor, all spread out as if she was going to make a snow angel.

"Photosynthesis," Jisu answered.

"You've been watching too many dramas," Sungyeol said as he sat down next to ber. "What's wrong?"

Jisu sat up as she let out a sigh. She extanded her hand out and he placed a water bottle on it. Jisu frowned as she stared at it. "This isn't what I asked for."

"I'm not letting you drink. Not on my watch," Sungyeol said.

Jisu groaned and as she started thinking it would've been better if she had asked Taehyung for the favor. But then again, she wasn't that close to Taehyung to talk about her problems like Sungyeol.

 "So are you going to tell me what's wrong or not?" Sungyeol asked as he watched Jisu take a sip of the water bottle.

Jisu wiped the excess water from before she turned to Sungyeol. "I wonder if I did the right thing."

"What?" Sungyeol asked confused as he titled his head.

"Did you know Sana likes Ken?" Jisu asked before she shook her head. "I somehow saw it from the start. I didn't want to believe it, but I saw it. In her eyes."

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrow's before he made sense of something. "But you like Ken too."

Jisu didn't even bother questioning Sungyeol as to how he knew. Pretty much everyone knew. "I know, but so did Sana. So I did what I had to do."

"You gave him up," Sungyeol mumbled and Jisu nodded.

"It hurts," Jisu said. "My heart."

"Then why did you do it," Sungyeol asked. He knew Jisu was always someone who deeply cared for others and was never selfish. No matter what. But he never knew she would go deep enough to do something like that. Giving up the person she liked.

Jisu shrugged. "I don't know. Sana needs him. Sana likes him. He likes her. She's never really been happy either."

Sungyeol nodded slowly. "But still."

"Sana. Sana, I've taken care of her since day one. She's the older one, but I've always felt the need to protect her. When I first met her, she was an anxious little poofball. I brought her out more with the others, but she's never truly been broken out of her shell. I always thought that maybe one day I could find her someone who could break her out."

"And you did," Sungyeol whispered as it all made sense.

"I just didn't think it'd be someone who I also liked," Jisu whispered. She then turned to Sungyeol and titled her head. "Do you think I did the right thing?"

Sungyeol looked at her for a moment. He knew Jisu always tried to hide the fact that she liked Ken. She always tried to deny her own feelings, since she had never truly felt those feelings. This, being her first crush and all, must hurt.

"Sana is like a sister to me. So of course I did the right thing," Jisu said the more she thought about it.

"Let's go to the park and prank some old people," Jisu suddenly as she stood up. "I feel like doing something fun."

Sungyeol chuckled knowing this was the real Jisu he knew. The goofy kid who always smiled despite the pain. "Okay."


So, it's been a while. A long while. It's because I have this stupid book to read and it's taking up my time, but anyways, here's the next update.

 Isn't Hani amazing?

 Ken will forever and always be amazing and slay this part of Chained Up.

 And may Sungyeol of Infinite forever stay awesome.

 And I think Spider is my favorite out of the new album. I mean, the lyrics are... well, yeah... but it's all amazing. I can see the whole concept and how they would do everything. And then Hongbin gets more lines and so does Hyuk. And what the heck is up with Ravi's "please, somebody help me"? And then whenever it goes "break down" I go all out and then Ken's part, "In this twisted reality I can't escape, it's destiny. It's okay even if I lose everything," gets me. Like always.

 I kinda wish that was their main track. But Chained Up is good too.

 ~Jackie