Epilogue

Finding Her Someone

Last chapter! Two updates in a row, and this is the final. I hope you all enjoy!

 

"I knew you would end up dating that kid Jaehwan," Sana's mom told her first thing when she walked downstairs that morning.

"What? How do you know?" Sana asked as she grabbed her things to head out.

"How could I not know?" Her mom asked. "You walked out of the house with Henry, and came back with Jaehwan. And then you wouldn't stop smiling and even now you're all bright and smiley."

"Eh," Sana didn't know what to say. "Ha, I guess so. . ."

 "I hope you two last. You know, you're not getting any younger, and you need to get married and-"

"Mom! We're just started dating," Sana said, blushing red. Her mom only smiled and shrugged. "I'm leaving now," Sana said before her mom could say anything else and went out the door.

As soon as Sana walked out she looked up and saw Ken standing there, smiling at her.

"Are you serious?" Sana asked in disbelief as she walked over to him. "You've been waiting for me?"

Ken nodded before he grabbed her hand and pulled her over to his car. "Of course I have to wait for my girlfriend and take her to school," he said once he sat down in his seat.

"I bet you've been wanting to do this for a while," Sana said as she watched him smile.

"What, wait for you and take you to school? Of course," Ken confessed. Truthfully speaking, there were a lot of things he had wanted to do before but couldn't because he wasn't her boyfriend. But now he was.

"How do you think the others will react?" Sana asked and Ken pursed his lips as he thought about it.

"The guys won't be too shocked. Jisu and Minjee probably will be shocked. Hannah and Sujung, now that's the reaction I'm looking foward to," Ken said as he thought about how Hannah and Sujung always tried to find Sana someone.

Sana nodded as she also thought about it. And now that she thought about it, she remembered that Jisu actually liked Ken. She'd have to talk to her about it later. . .

"Where do you want to go eat breakfast?" Ken asked as he focused on his driving.

"I don't know. Wherever you want," Sana answered and Ken made a turn. Sana looked at Ken before she looked down at her hands.

It was still pretty hard for her to believe she was dating Ken, someone she looked down on not too long ago. But then, it felt so natural. They weren't being awkward around each other, he just grabbed her hand as he wanted, and they had spent the night before texting before she told him it was late and to stop.

It felt like they had always been meant to be and this happening was something that was a bit overdue. Who would've thought. The serious and quiet Sana, and the weird and outgoing Ken.

But it just fit.

~~

Sana stepped out of class and looked around to see if Ken was waiting for her, but very much to her surprise, she saw Jisu across the hall standing there, waiting for her. Jisu smiled and Sana walked over to her.

"Jisu, I have to tell you something," Sana said.

"You're dating Ken," Jisu answered before Sana could say anything else.

"Yes an- Wait, how do you know?" Sana asked confused. "Did he tell you?" Jisu shook her head.

"Nope. It's a long story," Jisu said as the two girls started walking together. "And I know what you're thinking. You're probably thinking that I like Ken and I'm all hearbroken. But I'm not. I'm really happy for you two."

Sana looked at Jisu, surprise and shock written all over her face. She wondered when Jisu became like this. All grown up and matured. It was as if only yesterday Jisu was smiling happily at Sana and telling her to join her group. 

"Sana, remember when we first met? When you were new and I told you to come sit with us?" Jisu asked as they sat down at a bench.

"How could I forget? You and the others looked like stuck up brats sitting at the back over there. No wonder everyone was so scared of you back then," Sana joked.

Jisu gave her a look before she continued, "Anyways, that day I saw you I thought you looked really scared. Like a little child. I felt like you were very fragile and needed to be protected, so I invited you over."

Sana nodded as she thought about her question of all those years, which was: Why did Jisu befriend her?

"I know you probably have always thought of me as a kid, and I do act like one. And you've probably felt like you've looked after me all these years," Jisu said trying to get out what she kept in for a long time. "And I'm grateful for that. How you always told me not to do things that would get me in trouble and helped me understand things I never could've without your help.

But, I also feel like I've looked after you. I know about your dad and your problems, so I've always tried to make you as comfortable as possible, and help you out in every way, and I always said if I ever got the chance, I'd find you someone who could make you happy."

Sana nodded as she thought of how Jisu really did look after her all those years. And she realized that even though all this time she'd looked up to Jisu, it had also been the other way around.

"Hold on, are you saying you got me Ken?" Sana asked and Jisu chuckled.

"No, but I mean, I did help get you two get together. I want you to be happy with him," Jisu said. "After all this time I've known you, I've never seen you be so happy. Smile so bright. And laugh so loudly."

Sana smiled before she frowned. "But what about you?"

Jisu pursed her lips as she thought about it. "Me? I've always been happy. So I always try to spread it to others. And I think, I don't need Ken like you. I can smile myself. Besides, I think I can find someone else."

Sana gave Jisu a suspicious look. She thought Jisu was implying she had someone else already, and she wanted to ask if it was Sungyeol, but then she remembered how in denial Jisu was when she liked Ken and decided not to say anything.

"Okay," Sana said as she stood up. "Thank you Jisu. Thank you for your friendship."

Jisu smiled cheekily like always. "I should thank you for letting me be your friend. Anyways, go on, don't keep Ken waiting for too long or he's going to yell at me for stealing his girlfriend."

Sana chuckled and nodded before she went off to meet up with Ken. Jisu watched and shook her head as a sigh escaped her lips. She felt like she just sent off her kid to her first day of school.

~~

 "I'm so lost," Hannah finally spoke up after a long moment of silence. Sujung only nodded as she thought about the previous events. "I mean, why would Ken just take Sana away? Why was he even there? How did he know the date was there?"

Sujung furrowed her eyebrows as she kept thinking about while Hannah kept on talking. "Hannah, I think we got something wrong along the way."

Hannah stopped talking and looked at Sujung. "What do you mean?"

Sujung was about to speak, but before she could, she was interrupted by the loud cheerful voice of N. "Hello, girls, how's your day?" N asked as he say down in front of them, the rest of the guys following his movements.

"You two seem to be in a lot of thought," Ravi said.

"It's nothing," Hannah said. "Just. . . Have you guys seen Ken today?"

Hyuk shook his head. "Nope. We went to his class after it ended to hang out, but he had already left. It's quite odd. Like he's avoiding us or something like that."

"Or more like he's been hanging out with someone else," Jisu suddenly popped out of nowhere and sat besides Sujung, while Minjee sat besides Hannah.

"He's been hanging out with someone else?" Hongbin asked as he raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Who?"

Jisu only smiled and pointed behind them to the entrance of the cafeteria. Everyone turned to see what Jisu was pointing at, and, at the far entrance on the other side of the cafeteria, were Ken and Sana.

"But I was talking to-" Sana argued as Ken held on to her hand and dragged her.

"No, I told you I don't like it," Ken said as he kept on dragging her, holding on firmly to her hand despite her protests.

"Did we miss something?" Hannah asked ss she stared at Ken and Sana with wide eyes and they sat down next to them.

"Hello everyone," Ken said with a wide grin as he looked around as if nothing was different.

"B-but, you," Sujung said as she pointed at Ken and then at Sana, "And you. . . What? I mean, but, what?" Sujung couldn't even find the right words as she was just completely lost.

"Finally!" N said as he clasped his hands together. "We always wondered when you two would finally end up together."

"I even had to help in a little because Ken was so stupid about his feelings," Hongbin said.

"Very stupid," Leo mumbled as he quietly watched everyone while having his arms crossed.

"But how did it happen?" Hyuk asked curiously and Ravi nodded.

Hannah and Sujung just looked at each other before they looked back at Ken and Sana. "Wait, seriously, did we miss something?!" Sujung asked confused as she still tried to process what was going on.

"Did you two know about this?" Hannah asked as she turned to Minjee and Jisu. "Yeah, we even gave them a push so they could get together by setting up the Henry operation," Jisu said innocently and everyone turned to her.

"You were behind that?!" Ken and Sana asked in disbleief.

"Hey, at least I did it so you could end up with the right guy," Jisu said before she glanced at Hannah and Sujung, "Unlike these two idiots trying to set you up with the wrong guys. . ."

"What?" Sana asked confused as to what Jisu meant by that last part.

"Oh no," Sujung said as she started to freak out. Her hands went up to the sides of her head as she shook it and stared into nothing. "I can't believe it, I actually failed as a matchmaker."

"All that time looking and he was right there," Hannah mumbled in disbleief as she stared out into the open nothing. "It all makes sense now."

"I can't believe this. I'm horrible, how could I not know?!" Sujung started crying out dramatically. "There go my dreams of opening up my own matchmaking business!"

Everyone just stared at Hannah and Sujung oddly as they seemed to go insane. It wasn't until a few minutes later when they cooled down and things started going smoothly again.

"So you two tried to set me up with someone because you thought I was boring and liked Hongbin?" Sana asked as she raised an eyebrow at Hannah and Sujung who only nodded. "You two are weird."

"Hey, your boyfriend also joined in!" Sujung yelled defensively as she crossed her arms.

"He's also weird," Sana said, which made Ken pout, which made Sana smile.

Hannah and Sujung cringed as they covered their eyes. "Ahh, can you two stop being so coupley?? It's so weird!" Hannah said.

"They've always been like this, though. You just didn't notice because you're not that bright to catch on," Ravi said making Hannah give him a look.

"I'm never matchmaking again," Sujung said. "How was I, me, the genius of love, so oblivious to what was right in front of me? Searching and searching for someome so long. . . Only to already have found the person."

"I think we can all agree Jisu is the real matchmaker," Hyuk said and Jisu gave her usual cheeky smile before she shook her head. "Actually, I don't think so. I'm just very good at catching on to things."

"I just can't believe it. You were supposed to be working for us, Ken," Hannah said as she turned to him. "How could you fall for our client?"

Ken shrugged and said, "I don't know. She just has her charms."

Sana smiled before she turned to everyone else. "So you all knew? Were we that obvious?"

"Yes," Everyone answered except for Sujung and Hannah who sat there sulking.

"Especially Ken, do you know how many times he would glare at me because I would get close to you?" Hongbin asked. "And any other guy that even approached you."

"No wonder he always rejected any guy that seemed okay for Sana," Hannah said as she nodded. "He was jealous."

Ken covered his face in embarrassment, "Ahh! I can't believe you guys are telling my girlfriend these things, this is so embarrasing!"

Sana chuckled before she said, "You've already embarrassed yourself a lot in front of me on your own."

"Yeah, but you weren't my girlfriend then," Ken pouted and Sana smiled, yet again.

"Ugh, I totally see it now. How come I didn't notice before. Sana smiles way too much to not like him," Sujung said with disgust and annoyance written all over her face.

"And she actually laughs at his jokes," Hannah added.

"How dense were you two?" Minjee asked.

"Never again will I matchmake two people together. Never again. I quit this business for good," Sujung swore as she closed her eyes and raised her hand.

"But they are pretty cute together," Hannah said as she watched how Ken played with Sana's fingers before she scolded him and he just held on to her hand.

 Sujung nodded as they she watched the couple. "I can't believe it, but I still wish you two the best of luck in your new relationship."

"Thank you," Sana and Ken said.

The bell then rang and everyone stood up to go to their next class. Ken and Sana were the first to say goodbye and head off to class.

"I think we've lost him," Hyuk sighed as he shook his head and stared at the couple.

"She seems so happy," Minjee said.

Hannah and Sujung watched how Ken ruffled Sana's hair and she tried reaching the top of his head, despite being so short. The two girls then looked at each other and shook their heads.

"So. . ." Hannah started. "I heard Amber and Henry have this thing going on. You want to go meddle a little?"

Sujung just stared at Hannah for a few seconds before a smile grew on her face. "Let's go!"

~~

Sana put down her book when she noticed Ken staring at her. "Why are you staring at me?" Sana asked.

"Because you're so enchanting," Ken answered being cheesy, making her roll her eyes at him.

"Ken, we're at a library," Sana said.

Ken nodded and they both went back to reading and studying. Until Ken put down his book and looked at her again. "You know, this spot has a lot of memories with us."

Sana looked up at him again and raised an eyebrow. "This spot?" Sana asked as she looked around and then faced him again. "Why do you say that?"

The two were currently on the library sitting in a table in between some bookshelves in the far back where they couldn't really be seen.

"Because, remember how we would always work together here? On our project and then where grew closer," Ken said and Sana nodded, understanding what he was saying.

"Yeah, but I don't think you ever really came here before we started working together on the project," Sana said.

"I didn't even know this library existed," Ken joked and the laughed before he continued talking. "Anyways, that first day we worked here together, when I was done and went out of the library, Sujung and Hannah approached me."

"Is that when they asked you to work with them?" Sana asked and Ken nodded.

"You know, those two were quite stupid, and it may seem like Jisu is the real matchmaker, and they may think they didn't get us together, but at the end of the day, don't you think they helped quite a bit?" Ken asked and Sana thought about it.

Yes, Sujung and Hannah had been quite stupid by not noticing what was right in front of them, and yes, Jisu did help get them together a lot. But the more thought was put into it, Sujung and Hannah were the ones who sort of pushed Ken towards Sana in the end.

Sana chuckled as she thought about it. "Those two idiots weren't so stupid after all," Sana mumbled. "They did say they had a feeling about you when they saw how natural we looked together. They just didn't realize what they were doing."

Ken nodded. "They're quite the matchmakers" He said and they both laughed.

"Just better not tell them or they'll get cocky about it," Sana said.

The two laughed and went back to what they were doing in a comfortable silence. Just like when they first started working together. Those times when they didn't like each other, but got too entangled with each other because of Hannah and Sujung.

Maybe they weren't such idiots. Maybe they were geniuses. Or maybe it was just all a big coincidence.

But Hannah and Sujung did help get one of the oddest couples together. Whether they realized it or not.

 


I actually didn't really plan this, but yup! Finally, the end of the story. It's been a long adventure and I've enjoyed reading all the comments along the way. 

Thank you to everyone for supporting this story up until here!

I currently have another story which I'm sort of working on that also has Ken as the main character along with Hani and others.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1043072

And I have a story Monsta X in drafts right now which I should release most likely by the end of the week.

I was also thinking of making some sort of spin off revolving around a matchmaking business owned by Hannah and Sujung.

I'm more really sure but, thank you all for the love and support!

~Jackie