Jaehwan

Finding Her Someone

Any other day Ken would be staring at Sana as they worked, trying to figure things out, and then she'd tell him to stop and focus. This time it seemed to be the other way around.

The pair were working on their project in the library that afternoon, but it seemed like Sana couldn't focus. Instead, she found herself staring at Ken as he scribbled something on to his notebook. His eyes went up to look at the screen, but he ended up seeing Sana staring at him, shoulder resting on the table as her chin was on her hand.

"What?" Ken asked as he held his hand up to his face. "Is there something on my face?"

Sana shook her head before she asked, "Why we're you on the rooftop earlier?"

Ken held a look of horror once she brought that up for a moment and wondered how on Earth she knew that. "How do you know I was on the roof earlier?"

Sana smiled as she remembered the idiot walking back and forth as he seemed to talk to himself. "I was talking to Hani earlier when she looked up and saw you there."

Ken mentally cursed Hani as he tried to look panicked. "I was just, you know, trying to clear my thoughts."

Sana nodded slowly, wondering what was going through his head. "Then why were you talking to yourself?"

"Because that's how I think! Talking to myself..." Ken said with a nod.

Sana raised an eyebrow at him. "You're weird," Sana said. Ken sighed and went back to writing in his journal.

Sana tried to go back to her notes but she still felt distracted. She wondered how someone like Ken could be the way Hani described him. Looks could be deceiving.

"I want to go home," Sana said after five minutes and stood up while closing her book and stacking her things.

Ken looked up from his work surpised. "Why? We've only been here for like fifteen minutes," Ken said as he looked down at his watch.

 "Well, I don't know if I can continue doing this right now," Sana said as she stuffed her things in her backpack.

Ken just stared at her confused before he quickly gathered his things and tried to chase after her. "So when will we work on this again? It's due in two weeks," Ken said as he walked by her.

Sana hugged her textbook close as she puffed her cheeks. She really wanted to get this thing done already, but how could they when they kept putting it off. She really didn't want to work on it at the moment either.

"I don't know. Let's just figure that out later," Sana said, wanting to not deal with it at the moment.

"N!" Ken suddenly stopped at the sight of his dear friend. Sana came to a halt as N appeared them with a big smile on his face and a notebook on his hand.

"Wow, how great to see you two!" N said as he reached them. "I was just heading to the library so I could meet you two," He said as he opened his notebook.

"Really? Why?" Ken asked.

"To prepare for Hongbin's birthday!" N cheered happily and took some confetti out from his backpack and threw it in the air. Sana and Ken stared at him weirdly wondering why he had confetti in his backpack.

"Why do you have confetti in your backpack?" Sana asked.

"Because I'm in charge of planning Hongbin's surprise birthday party and getting everything. Anyways, that's not important. I wanted to ask you two if you could me set things up," N explained.

Sana felt confused. She didn't understand why she was getting involved in all of this. "Why me?"

"Because you're part of our hang-out group now! Moving on, Ken, can we have it at your house since yours is the biggest?" N spoke quickly as he turned to Ken.

Ken was taken back for a second before he shrugged. "I guess, since no one will be home tomorrow," Ken said.

"Good, Hyuk is in charge of contacting everyone to go, Ravi is in charge of music, and Leo is... well, he's in charge of food, unless he eats it all before he gets there..." N said thoughtfully. He facepalmed as he realized he shouldn't have put Leo I'm charge of food. All that guy ever did was established after all.

"I'll deal with that later, but you two make sure to show up tomorrow earlier to set things up. I'll text you guys the details later, I gotta go check up with Leo, bye!" N shouted as he started walking away.

Sana and Ken just stood there, watching N run off into the distance. "Well, I guess we're helping out with for Hongbin's party," Ken said awkwardly.

Sana nodded and stayed quiet. She was still unsure how she became part of their 'hang-out group' since she was only truly close with Ken. Then again, it seemed like the others tried to talk to her every chance they got after the amusement park. Except Leo. He'd just simply nod at her in acknowledgement.

Not that she didn't like it. She really did.

~~

"Why are we even here?" Hannah asked as she and Sujung approached Ken's house.

 Sujung blew her bangs as she took out her phone. "Obviously to help out with the party," Sujung said as she opened up her phone to check the time.

"It's not like we're even close to the guys," Hannah mumbled as they reach the doorstep.

Sujung scrunched her nose as she started thinking. She simply shurgged and rung the doorbell. "We're friends with N, so how could we reject the offer?"

 "Easy, just say no," Hanna complained.

It was a Saturday morning and Hannah and Sujung had both woken up at eight in the morning to go help out with Hongbin's surprise birthday party. Hannah had wanted to reject the offer when N had asked, but Sujung immediately jumped with joy at the offer. Now Hannah was grumpy that she didn't get her mornings rest, and had to help out with something she didn't want be invloved in.

"Besides, aren't you the one that's alway grumpy whenever you don't get enough sleep?" Hanna asked.

Sujung shrugged, knowing Hannah was right. But she didn't care. She was happy today. She just didn't know why.

Before Sujung could say anything else, the door to Ken's house finally opened revealing a very tired Ken. His eyes were barely opened and he looked at them confused.

"Am I still dreaming?" Ken asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"No, you're not," N said as he came from behind Ken. He then looked at the girls and grew a wide smile. "Come in girls, come in!"

The two girls exchanged looks before they followed the two boys inside. Ken dragged his feet along as he yawned. From the looks of it, N had come I'm early in the morning to set things up, and Ken had been sleeping that whole time, giving the fact he was still wearing his pajamas. N, on the other hand, looked very lively and excited.

"You guys can set up, imma go sleep," Ken said and went upstairs.

"Why can't I sleep like him?" Hannah mumbled with crossed arms as she walked into the living room. "Wow, his family must be rich," She let out as saw the inside of the house.

From the outside, the house looked a little bigger than the average house. But from the inside it looked like a mansion. Everything seemed so expensive, from the capet, to the flat screen tv.

"His family is pretty well off," N said. "Moving on, do you think the dj should be up there, or over there?"

Sujung looked at Hannah and she simply shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'll just put it over there. Okay, so I need you two to go put up these decorations," N said as she handed them this bag filled with decorations.

Sujung and Hannah looked at each other and sighed. Hannah took the bag and the two headed off on their own.

"Where are Hyuk, Ravi and Sana...?" N asked himself and started looking around. "I know for sure Ravi was here..."

"N!" Sujung yelled from the hallway.

N turned around and ran to where Sujumg was. When he reached there he immediately heard the loud snoring that could only belong to one person. He followed the noise and got to a closet at the end of the hallway.

N slowly opened the door and a sleeping Ravi fell out. N sighed and kicked the poor boy awake as he yelled, "Hey! Stop sleeping so much! Do you not care for your friend at all?!"

"Ow Ow ow!" Ravi whined as N pulled him out by the ear. Sujung and Hannah simply stood there watching before they decided to go back to work.

~~

It was only an two hours later when Hyuk showed up, thirty minutes after when Leo arrived with food, and then another thirty minutes for Sana to arrive.

So by eleven everyone was already there and ready to work out. Giving the exception that Ken was still upstairs sleeping in his room.

"Sana, can you do me a favor and go wake up Ken?" N asked as he supervised Hyuk and Ravi as they placed a table at the far corner to put snacks.

"Sure," Sana said.

"His room is upstairs, second floor, first room to the left," N said. "No, guys! You have to put it right there!" N yelled pointing to a bit at the left.

"But it is right there!" Hyuk complained.

Sana decided to go hurry up and let those guys argue. She followed N's instructions and went upstairs. She was amazed at how bug the house looked from the inside. She didn't think it'd look like that. She turned to the right and saw the first room, which she was certain was Ken's.

 "Can I just go in there?" Sana asked herself. She thought it would be really disrespectful to just go into someone's room like that. But on the other hand, N had told her to go wake up Ken, so she had to do it.

Sana reached the door and slowly opened it as she peeked inside. There she saw a desk filled with textbooks and random worksheets. Next there was a closet followed by a restroom. On the other side she saw Ken's bed, and himself laying on top of it. Wrapped up in blankets.

 She walled im, trying her best to be quiet. She had expected the rook to be messy, but aside from the random books and worksheets here and there, it was all quite clean. She was able to make her way to his bed without making much noise.

Although Sana wasn't doing anything bad, she still felt guilty and felt the need to be quite. Which was quite ridiculous since she was there to wake him up.

"Ken," Sana said as she lifted his blanket from his face. Seeing his sleeping face she couldn't help but laugh. Not that he looked weird or anything, but it was funny.

"Wake up," Sana said as she slightly shook him. Ken rolled around to the other side of the bed. "Wake up," She said louder this time and ended up hitting his shoulder.

"Ow," He murmered. He slightly opened his eyes as he turned to face her. As soon as he saw her he sat up shocked and surprised. "What are you doing here?!"

 "N told me to wake you up," Sana said as she stared at him blankly.

Ken groaned as he stuffed his face in his pillow. "I want to sleep."

"No, we need to help N and the others," Sana said lifting up his blanket.

"But I don't want to," Ken said still keeping his head buried in his pillow.

Sana sighed as she watched him shake his head. "Come on, before N comes up here himself."

"Let me sleep a little longer."

"Lee Jaehwan"

Ken turned around and sat up on his bed. "Is that the first time you've called me by my name?"

Sana thought about it for a moment before she simply nodded. "To your face, at least."

Ken nodded. "I like it. You should call me by my real name more."

Sana stared at him blankly. She remembered that N always called the members by their real names and they didn't mind because they were close. If Ken wanted her to call him Jaehwan, did this mean they were close?

"Uh... sure," Sana said awkwardly, avoiding looking at him. She them cleared before he would end up staring at her for a long time and said, "Let's go downstairs now. They must be waiting for us."


 

 Here's an update to celebrate Hongbin's birthday! Three days late...

This whole chapter was typed up in my phone, so there's probably gonna be a lot of mistakes.

 N is such a lovely leader that cares for s... and gets ignored by them.

 Ravi is always sleeping.

 

Happy (late) birthday to our smiling angel!

Bye bye!

 

~Jackie