Like? What is that?

Finding Her Someone

Here they came. VIXX.

The squeels from the girls, the running in the halls, the scoffs from the guys. It all gave it away, that VIXX was walking down the hall and they would cross paths any moment now. Of course, she didn't care. She never had any sort of interest in them. Well, not all of them at least.

"Hey, here comes VIXX," Minjee said as she nudged Sana.

Sana just rolled her eyes as she stuffed her book in her locker and tried arranging all of her things. "So what?"

"So what? They're hot!"

Sana stopped for a moment and turned to look at her friend. She raised an eyebrow at her, questioningly, and asked, "Aren't you dating Woohyun?"

Minjee shrugged and said, "Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the gorgeous looks of other guys."

Sana shook her head in disaproval. Her friend Minjee was one of the smartest persons she knew and yet, here she was, dating one of the dumbest yet most popular guys she knew and fangirling over guys. Sometimes she wodered how her friend even got together with Woohyun and how they lasted this long even if she went through the experience with her. It was long, dramatic, and mostly consisted of Woohyun chasing around Minjee.

"Well, I don't think I'll ever understand the nature that draws girls to guys and guys to girls," Sana said.

Minjee just gave her friend a weird look. Minjee was the smart one, but Sana was also smart. But in some way, she was more mature, but also childish. It was hard trying to understand Sana. Sometimes she didn't even bother questioning her weird "logic" as she called it. What would surprise Minjee the most about Sana was how she could say everythig with a straight face and serious and mature tone, even those things that she called "jokes." Sana was helpless when it came to fun things.

"Oh my gosh VIXX is so hot!!!" They heard the girls call out as they started crowding around the guys that were passing by.

The guys were walking and such a crowd of girls formed around them that even Minjee and Sana started getting pushed around. Sana was bumped specifically by this girl in the stomach making her drop her things on the floor.

Sana groaned and bent down to pick her stuff up. One of these guys, who she tought was Hongbin, noticed this and walked over to her. He bent down and heped her pick up her things. She looked up at him with her serious face that she alays held and he smiled He handed her her things back before he stood up and walked away.

"Whoa," Minjee muttered as she watched Hongbin walk away while Sana stood back up. "You're so lucky!"

"Me?" Sana scoffed. "How?"

"You know what some girls would do for that? The flower boy Hongbin of VIXX just helped you and even smiled at you!" Minjee said as if it was the best thing in the world.

Sana looked over at VIXX and her eyes wandered of to Hongbin. of course, she had always aknowledged him as good looking, but nothing more than that. Except that she also thought he was quite nice and adorably shy at times. She then shook her head at her thoughts.

"I don't think much of it. It's just manners," Sana said, still not taking her eyes off of the certain person that had always caught her attention.

"Sure it is. Just be careful with Hongbin or any of those guys at all. They can break your heart, because that's how every guy is," Minjee said.

Sana shook her head. "Then what about you and Woohyun?"

Minjee looked at her friend with a bright eye smile, "I got him wrapped around my finger. And I know that if he dares hurt me, you and the others will take charge."

"Of course I will!"

At that moment the bell rang and the girls went their own ways to class.

~~

The day went on like any other and finally it was time for English, a class Sana looked foward to a lot. She went in and sat at her usual seat in the back. Then Minjee and Jisu went inside the cassroom and took their seats next to her.

"Hey guys! Guess what!" Jisu shouted as she took her seat and looked at them with excitement.

"What?" Sana asked with disinterest.

"I just pulled the prank of the year!" Jisu said with a bright smile.

Sana slowly uncrossed her arms and turned to face Jisu while Minjee looked up from the book she had been reading.

"Wait, are you the one who released the frogs from the science lab?" Sana asked with wide eyes.

Jisu just gave her that puppy smile and Sana sighed as she sat back in her seat. Minjee shook her head in disappointment.

"You, are going to get into a lot of trouble," Minjee said as she glared at the youngest one. "You've been hanging around Sungyeol too much."

"Hey! That's only if I get caught! Which I will not. Besides, I'm the one who has been influencing Sungyeol, not the other way around," She said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone. This only made Sana hit her head.

"You should be focusing more on your grades, before you know it you're going to end up like... like..." Sana started looking around the room. Jisu looked at her friend in anticipation.

As in perfect timing, the loudest and most obnoxious kid in class- no, school- came walking in, or running, with his usual loud voice.

"Like him!" Minjee said pointing at the kid.

"Like Jaehwan?" Jisu asked confused.

"Exactly!" Sana said. "Annoying, obnoxious, and never knows when to shut up! Wait, isn't his name Ken?"

"His name is Jaehwan, but everyone calls him Ken," Jisu stated. "But why him? He's cool."

Minjee and Sana looked at each other and then at Jisu. They let out a sigh at their helpless friend. It was no use trying to teach her how to be normal. She was too deep in, especially now that she kept hanging out with these people like Sungyeol, Taehyung, and Jaehwan.

"Hey! Jisu!" Ken yelled as he walked over to the girls, mainly Jisu.

"Ken!" She said as they high fived each other.

He then leaned in closer and whispered so that only the girls could hear. "You're behind the frog incident, I'm right, right?"

A smile formed on Jisu's lips as she happily nodded. Sana let out a scoff not understading how this was something to be proud of.

"Of course!"

"I knew it! Only such a genius mind could be behind this," Ken said leaning back.

At that moment the bell rang, indicating that it was time for class to begin and all the students went back to their seats.

"See you later!" Ken said and went off to his seat at the front of the class, where the teacher had placed him to keep an eye on him.

A smile formed on Jisu's lips as she watched him kidding around with some of his friends. This didn't go unoticed by Minjee and Sana.

"Hey, don't tell me you're falling for him," Minjee said.

"What?! Me? No w-way. We're just friends," Jisu tried to lie. Sana coud not find this any more ridicouslus. She would never understand this whole love thing. And she would never understand these weird 4-dimensional aliens.

Class started and ended normally like any other day. Well, almost like any other day. For some reason, today out of all days, Sana couldn't concentrate. Her mind kept drifting off from the subject and Minjee had to constantly remind her they were in class. Not only that, but she also couldn't keep her focus on the board. She would just drift off and look at Hongbin. Her mind kept thinking about earlier when he helped her.

Of course, she never had much interest in guys, but she will admit, Hongbin had always caught her eye. He seemed very shy compared to (With the excuse of Leo) and he was also very nice and helpful compared to most of the guys at the school. And as a bonus, he was good looking too. He wasn't considered the best looking out of VIXX without a reason. She thought the world needed more guys like him.

This was starting to scare her. She couldn't possibly like him, right? That would be ridiculous. Although, if she were to fall for anyone, she'd rather it be him than any other guy like Sungyeol and Ken.

~~

The next day things seemed worse for her. All she could think about was Hongbin and how it woudn't be that bad if he turned out to be the guy that she liked. In the end she decided to go to her friend's for herlp.

"How do you know when you like someone?"

Jisu stopped staring at the boys that were setting up some pranks and blinked up at her friend. It took her a while to realize what she asked before he eyes grew wide.

"I-i don't like anyone! I-I already told you I don't like Ken.. I.. mean, well-"

Sana just stared at her friend weirdly before she shook her to stop her rambling. "I wasn't suspecting your crush on Ken. I just asked how you know when you like someone..."

"Oh," Jisu said and mentally slapped herself. "Well, you just, know...? I think the feeling you get when he smiles at you is the biggest answer."

Sana nodded as she made a mental note to herself.

"But you know, if you're going to fall for someone be careful and don't confuse things. There's a difference between a small crush, someone you like like, and someone you love. Don't be one of those idiots that think they're one thing when they're not," Jisu said wisely.

"Oh, and what's the difference between a small crush and liking someone?" Sana asked, obviously never experiencing these things before.

Jisu let out a sigh in frustraition. "You are so stupid! How could you not even know these things? Well, a crush is more like you admire the person and you might not know much about them but you still feel some attraction. You start looking forward to them, but you stay conscious. You know if it's not meant to be, or if there's a small chance and so on.

Like is the next step leading to love. This is more like you know more of them and you can look past their flaws, and you think about them a lot, so much to the point you're going crazy. And no matter what, you just want them."

"Oh, I see. And what about love?"

"Love?" Jisu questioned. "Well, you might be oblivious at first... But you'll just know. From the way your heart beats by just the mention of their name, or how upset you'll be if they weren't there where you usually see them. And then, it's just them. That person who comes to mind no matter what you feel. The one that makes you ache. The one that makes you smile even if they just glance your way. It'll hit you like BAM! But make sure not to realize too late or else that could be very bad for you," Jisu said.

Sana nodded before she smirked at her friend and decided to play with her. "Is that what you feel for Ken?"

"Of course not, I'm still in the first stage-" Jisu started but stopped and gasped as she realized what her friend said.

Sana started laughing at the younger girl's reaction before she stopped and shook her head.

Jisu just frowned and said, "You know, you act so serious and mature most of the time but there really is more to you than what others would think."

Sana just shrugged and walked away leaving Jisu to continue whatever it was that she had been doing earlier. Instead, Sana decided to go to Minjee for help, so she went off to the library to find her friend.

When Sana got to the library she looked around until she saw Minjee sitting at one of the tables with Woohyun.

"Minjee," Sana called as she aproached them. Woohyun and Minjee looked up and saw Sana in front of them. "I need to talk to you."

MInjee looked at Woohyun and he nodded before she stood up and walked with Sana. They went off to a little corner where no one could hear what they were saying.

"What? Why do you want to know?" Minjee questioned. "Do you think you like someone?"

Sana rolled her eyes and thought about her different friends.

"I'm writing a new story and I need to know the character's feelings for a scene," Sana said.

Minjee nodded, apperantly buying what she said. Didn't she know her friend? Didn't she know that Sana never wrote about things like love and romance? She found it childish, stupid, and absurd.

"Well, you think about them when you're sad, or mad, or happy. Basically they become your everything. You know all the flaws they have, yet you still ignore them. You know they're not perfect, yet you adore them. You get what I'm saying?" Minjee asks. "That's how I knew I liked Woohyun."

Sana nodded. Her friends described this in different ways, but they still said the same thing.

"And, and since you're not the type to get nervous around guys, if you do, then you totally like the guy," Minjee said.

Sana nodded and thanked her friend. She then left off to the cafeteria to get some snacks. As she walked she could see many of the popular students like Exo and Infinite walking around, being followed by girls. She looked around, somewhat hoping that she would hear the shouts of girls over VIXX.

If she was like this, had she become just another fangirl? Or did she possibly actually have a slight crush on him? Maybe she was just being delusional over her own feelings. Yeah, she was totally blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

She went in the cafeteria and jumped when she heard her name being called. She turned around and saw her friend Hannah walk up to her.

"Hey Sana," Hannah said as she waved at her with a smile.

"Hey," Sana said. "Are you going to go get food?"

"Yeah, I'm hungry. What about you?" She asked.

"Same, let's go together," Sana said and the walked together.

As they were trying to find a place to sit a group of guys entered making the quiet and calm cafeteria a loud ruckuss. The girls turned to see VIXX walking in and walking over to the cafeteria line, with a line of girls following behind.

A smile appeared on Hannah's face as they watched them and then took a seat.

"What's that smile about?" Sana asked as she started eating her rice.

"Didn't you notice? Hongbin looked over at me," Hannah said with a smile. "Or us, but me, right?"

Sana's eyes widened and she started choking on her rice. She looked over at VIXX. "Did he really?"

Hannah nodded and studied her friend's expression. Maybe Minjee and Jisu said they were right when they said they thought Sana liked a guy from VIXX. And it most likely was Hongbin, so Hannah decided to play with her friend more.

"Yeah, he was staring over here ever since he walked in," Hannah said.

"H-he was?" Sana stuttered.

That's when Hannah figured it out. Hannah had always been quite smart and could figure these types of things easily. So she wasn't goint to be dumb about this and forget it. No, she was going to dig deeper.

"Maybe he likes me? Should I talk to him?" She asked with a smirk as she watched Sana's expression.

"What about Minho?" Sana asked.

Hannah rolled her eyes. "You are so late. We broke up a month ago. See, this is why we should hang out more often."

"Oh..." Sana said. "But what about Hoya?!"

This time it was Hannah's turn to panick. "W-what about Hoya? We're just friends," She said sounding a little too awkward.

Sana shook her head at the elder. "Who are you kidding? Even when you were with Minho people thought you were with Hoya!"

Hannah bit her bottom lip know that she was saying the truth. Her close friendship with Hoya was always misunderstood by others. Heck, even she didn't understand her frienship with Hoya. It was too complicated.

"There's always been something going on with the two of you," Sana said with a judging face.

"Y-yeah? Well, what about you and Hongbin? I think you like him," Hannah said with a huff, defending herself. She grinned at the fact that she caught Sana.

Sana just stuffed rice in before she spoke again. "It's not that I like him..."

"Oh yeah? That's not what it looks like from here," Hannah said and looked over at Hongbin who was playing around with Hyuk.

Sana looked up and saw the guys. At that same moment Hongbin looked up and their eyes locked. And at that same moment, she felt nervous.

The great Sana who was always careful with guys. The great Sana who prided herself in not being like other girls who's focus were guys. The great Sana who never paid much interest to things like love. The great Sana who never liked anyone berfore, felt nervous by the single eye contact with this guy that she always had some sort of interest in. What was wrong with her? Well, what she had feared was hapening.


Okay, so that was it for this first chapter! I hope you all enjoyed and leave a comment! Thank you for reading^^

~Jackie