Partnered Up

Finding Her Someone

Hannah watched the little eye contact exchange between Hongbin and Sana. "Look, if you're going to like him make sure to not be obvious and be careful."

"Be careful? Why?" Sana asked, obvioulsy not knowing about things like these.

Hannah rolled her eyes. "Guys are guys, you know? They may seem nice, but they're all the same."

Sana nodded understanding what she was saying. "But maybe he's not like that, Or maybe he is..."

Hannah shrugged and said, "There's only one way to know what he's like."

Sana raised an eyebrow at her friend. She didn't know where Hannah was going with this, making her sigh. "How?"

"You'll see," Hannah said with her smile that made Sana shiver everytime. Sometimes Hannah made it seem like she knew everything. Maybe not book-wise, but logic-wise.

Hannah then stood up threw Sana's and her trash away before sitting back down. Then Sana said her goodbye's followed by a bow and left. Hannah watched her dear friend walk away with with a sly smile forming on her face. "Idiot. Hongbin's not the one for you."

~~

The next day Sana went to all of her classes without giving much thought to things. She tried to stay clam and clear. So far it had worked pretty well. She managed to get her work done in all of her classes and not get distracted by other things.

Finally the time for her last class had come. She was quite curious as to how this would turn out. So, she went into class like any other day. When she went in she was surprised to see two empty seats besides her own seat.

She looked around wondering if she was early, but then the bell ring for class to begin. She hurried to her seat and watched as the tardies came into class, one of them being Ken.

"Hey, Ken!" She whispered.

The weird guy looked up to the sky, who knows why. He then looked back down and Sana threw her pen at the clueless guy to get his attention.

"Ow!" He groaned and turned around. When he saw Sana he looked confused and wondered why she threw her pen at him. "Why did you do that?"

"To catch your attention," She said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

Apperantly he misunderstood her because he started apologizing, "I'm sorry, but I barely even you. All I know is you're friends with Jisu and very serious. I'm not intere-"

Sana scoffed at his stupidity. "Not for that you idiot. Do you know where Jisu is?"

Ken looked a little confused for a moment before he understood. "Oh! Didn't you hear? They called her down to the office last period. I think someone snitched on her frog prank."

Sana sighed and shook her head at the younger girl. She seriously wondered why she was friends with her sometimes. What she didn't understand was how she even managed to go this long without getting caught.

"Why? Did you really not know what's going on with Jisu? Some friend you are," He scoffed.

"What? I'm sorry, but I just don't get involved in such stupid things like that unlike you," She said. "I actually come to school to learn."

Ken gasped at her words and hurried to his seat as the teacher came into class. Sana sighed and leaned back in her seat. She looked to her other side where Minjee was supposed to be, but she wasn't there. She sighed and took out her phone, but decided against it. Instead she looked over in front of her where Woohyun was sitting.

"Woohyun," She whispered.

He turned around looked at her. "What?"

"Where's Minjee?"

"She went home because she's sick? Didn't you know?" He asked.

Sana sighed and shook her head. What kind of friend was she? She didn't know where her friends were or anything. How did she not even notice Minjee's missing presence last period?

"Is it serious?" Sana asked Woohyun.

"She has a fever. My poor baby," He said and shook his head. "I'm going with Jisu and Hannah after school to see her. Do you want to come?"

Sana shook her head, "No. I have to study after school. "

"Oh okay," He said and turned around in his seat.

Sana started thinking about it. Everytime she was sick the girls would pay her a visit. Just with her missing presence they would text or call her and ask if she was okay. Whenever her friends weren't at school she just shruggd it off and went on with her day. She didn't even bother sending them a text asking them if they were okay.

She decided to shrug it off with the thought that it was just how she was. Maybe, she was a little cold as some people said. But she had her own things to focus on and didn't have time to worry about distractions.

Class started and at the very end the teacher made an announcement. "Class, we will be starting a project and you will all be paired up."

The teacher went on talking about what the project was and what the grades would be based on. Finally she got to the part everyone was waiting for. "Now go ahead and pick your partner."

Everyone started pairing up and Sana just sat there looking around. Oh how she wished at least one of her friends was there that day.

"Is there anyone that still doesn't have a partner?" The teacher asked.

Sana didn't like how this was ruining her pride. With very much hesitation, she raised her hand at the same time that someone at the front did.

"Good. Ken, Sana, you guys will be partners for this asignment."

~~

"Mrs., Can't I just be partners with Minjee when she gets back?" Sana asked the teacher.

The teacher shook her head, "No. Woohyun has already requested her."

"What about Jisu?"

"She's in too much trouble right now. She won't be in class for a while," The teacher said as she continued to stuff papers in her bag.

Sana blew her bangs, frustrated at her luck.  She watched as the teacher walked away.

"What? Is there something wrong with working with me?" Ken asked as he stepped into the class, having witnessed everything.

Sana sighed as she looked at him with her straigh face that she always held. Just her luck, she thought. Why did she have to get stuck with this guy? Just the type of person she hated the most. He would obviously stay unfocused through the whole thing and she'd have to do all the work by herself.

"Yeah, there's a reason why nobody picked you to be your partner," She said crossing her arms.

He raised an eyebrow at her and took a step foward. "Really? Everyone wants to be my partner, it's just that I didn't accept offers from anyone because I'm too good for that."

Sana rolled her eyes. Was he really like that? How conceited, arrogant, and stupid. It was obvious no one had wanted to partner up with him because of his annoying self.

"No, it's because you're too annoying for anyone to want you. They all know you'd only kid around and do nothing while they worked hard," She said.

For a moment she almost felt bad, because she was certain she saw a hint of hurt cross his face. Maybe she hit a weak spot? No, the look he gave her right after made it seem like she didn't so she had nothing to worry about.

"What about you? Why didn't you get picked?" Ken asked challenging her.

Her pride shined through as she remained with her cold and arrogant face. "Because they know I don't want to be partners with them unless I know them."

He shook his head with a smirk. "You have no idea, do you?"

Sana unfolded her arms and looked at him with confusion. What was he talking about? Did he really think he had something on her?

"Even the losers didn't bother asking to be partners with you for a reason. And you know why? Because you're too arrogant and full of pride. You look down on everyone and think you're so mature and great, but what really is so great about you?"

She looked at him shocked. No one had ever told her anything like this and she never thought of herself that way.

"Looking down on fun people like me and Jisu, you think you're so mature, right? But you're just plain, boring, and a buzzkill. Do you even care about anyone but yourself?" He asked something that had played around her mind for ages. "You're friends, do you even deserve them? You don't deserve fun people like Jisu, or even caring people like Minjee."

Sana wondered about this. He was right. She didn't deserve her friends and she really did think highly of herself. She really did look down on others and put herself up. He hit her right we're it hurt most. So she decided to go for something that had always been at the back of her mind.

"Really?" She asked. He saw a glint in her eye that made him wonder what she was going to say. "Who are you? Who are you really? Everyone loves N because he's so sociable and easy to talk to and gets along with everyone. Leo has an amazing voice and his mysteriousness attracts many girls. Ravi is cool, can rap and dance, and is always doing something that makes people interested. Hongbin has his looks that make girls fall head over heels for him. Hyuk has charms and people love him for being the youngest and himself. What about you?"

He almost cringed, knowing what words followed. He almost wanted to yell at her to stop and not say it. 'Don't. Don't do it. Don't say it. Don't.'

"Who are you? The annoying one that can't compare to the others," She said.

Wow, she felt evil. But he started it.

With those last words she turned around and started walking away, heading toward the door.

"You think you're great don't you? At least I deserve my friends and know how to have fun," He said as he stared at the wall.

She froze at the exit, but then continued walking. He was just a kid after all. One of those kids that never grew up and didn't know when to be serious. She didn't understand those poeple. She didn't understand fun things. She didn't understand why people found things like jokes, pranks, childish acts and stuff like that funny.

 He continued staring at the wall, growing angrier and more furious every second. Sana was sure something, but he didn't want to let her get to him. She didn't understand. And he didn't understand her either. He didn't understand plain things and the point of them. He didn't understand serious people. He didn't understand mature people like her. Why were they like that. He knew people were supposed to be mature sometimes, but he didn't understand people that did it all the time like her.

She needed to learn  how to have fun and loosen up.

A mischievous smile appeared on his face once again. He knew exactly what he needed to do.

~~

"So she stayed at the library studying?" Minjee asked as Woohyun fed her soup. Hannah and Jisu nodded. 

Jisu groaned thinking about the elder. "She's so boring and mature and I hate that. Why is she always so serious?"

Hannah elbowed her, saying that she should know, but still didn't object to the fact she was too serious. 

"I worry for her," Minjee said before she let out a cough. "How will she end up in her life if she keeps this up? She's shutting herself out too much."

Hannah smiled at this. She knew exactly what she had to do know. But it wouldn't be easy. She'd probably have to ask Sujung for help.

"She needs someone to balance her out," Hannah said.

Minjee, Jisu, and Woohyun turned to look at her confused. Jisu tilted her head giving it thought.

"Actually, that makes sense," Jisu said. "If she has someone fun that she likes then they can balance each other out!"

Minjee nodded as she gained understanding. It was kind of like her and Woohyun. "Now that we're on this topic, I think she actually likes someone."

"Me too!" Jisu exclaimed excitedly. "She even asked me how to know when you like soemone. I think I gave her pretty good advice, if I do say so myself."

"She asked me the same thing. I wonder who the guy is, maybe he could help balance her," Minjee said with thought.

Woohyun just sat there next to his girlfriend, not understanding the ways of girls.

"Yeah! We should figure out who it is and defenitely hook them up!"Jisu said. She was defenitely excited about meddling in someone else's love life to help them have fun. She'd do anything to teach people how to have fun.

Hannah shook her head as she listened to their conversation. "No, but he's not the one for her," She mumbled.

The girls stopped talking and looked back at Hannah who had been quiet for a while. "Did you say something?"

Hannah looked back at them and wondered if she should tell them. She sighed and shook her head. They wouldn't understand. They were the type that believed that if people liked each other they should be together and belonged. But of course, that wasn't always the case.

If Hannah was going to help her friend she'd need back up. Someone who actually understood what kind of people suited each other.


 And that's it for the second chapter! I hope you guys are enjoying this and there is so much more to come.

~Jackie