Chapter 1: Separate Ways

Graphite Love

“Hayoung, how can you be soo rarely beautiful today?” Sungjae asked.

“What?” Hayoung feel weird about the question.

“Agreed.” Jungkook agrees with Sungjae.

“What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing.” Jungkook and Sungjae look at each other while talking.

……

“Okay, Jungkook and Hyeri, tomorrow you’ll have your career talk. Okay, class dismissed.” Mr Sukjin leave.

“Jungkook, will you be at that class this evening?” Mina asked Jungkook.

“Yes, but I’ll just be there for a while because this evening I have football training. Why?” Jungkook asked back.

“Hmmm, okay, sorry.” Mina said.

“Huh? If you want to come you can just go there. The door is not locked. By the way, look at this.” Jungkook take something from his bag.

“This.. is how you look when you’re sad. Still cute, but you’ll prettier when you smile. Which you rarely shown. Smile more Mina.”

Jungkook showed a portrait of Mina, he really draw well because it really look like Mina, like a picture.

Mina smiled.

“Yeah like that. That’s better. Take this, I’ll be going now. Hayoung, come here.” Jungkook called Hayoung.

“What?” Hayoung was still looking at Mina.

“Hmm.. How should I say this. Tonight, can you bring me some food? The training will finish late. I’ll be tired. I don’t think I can cook tonight. And secondly, I am embarrassed to ask your mother. Can you help me? Please.” Jungkook said.

“Huh? Food? That’s easy bro. I’ll make the best for you. Train hard.” Hayoung patted Jungkook shoulder.

“Really. Thanks. Wait a minute, you’ll make?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah, my mom and dad will not be having dinner home today, so I’ll cook. I can cook really well.” Hayoung walk away.

……

“Yahh, what do I cook tonight? Simple? But he’s back from training, it must be good for health.” Hayoung lay on her bed thinking what should she cook for dinner. She usually don’t think much and just cook simple dish if she was alone but she don’t know why she think too much.

“I’ll just ask them.” She take her phone and enter the group conversation.

Hayoung : Girls, what will be good for dinner?

Dasom     : You’re cooking?

Hwaryoung: Yah, make some for me. I’m starving here.

Dasom: Who asked you to diet now. Why are you cooking anyway Hayoung?

Hayoung: My parents is having dinner with their friend. I’m home alone.

Hwaryoung: If you’re alone just cook something easy, fried rice.

Hayoung: I felt like eating something else today. What’s good to eat after exercising.

Hyeri: Everything will be good after exercising. Just keep the calories low. Meat will be the best.

Mina: Hayoung, will you need our help cooking?

Hayoung: No thanks. Thank you girls, I know what to cook now.

Hwaryoung: Why did I felt like you’re cooking for someone? Sungjae?

Hayoung: Noo. I’m just cooking for me.

The girls did not give her a name of dish but she got the idea. Meat and rice will be good. But will he like it?

……

School field.

 

Jungkook wear his red Nike CTR and joins the other.

“When will you get a new one Jungkook? Yours is worn out. The new Magista and Superfly are out. Your feet already compatible with Nike so I think Magista will be very suitable for you.” Minhyuk said when he see Jungkook boots.

“But the new PibeDiBar10 Messi is very beautiful. It’s a work of art. You should get it. Maybe you can play like Messi if you wear that.” Baro said. He himself is wearing Messi Gold edition F50. He’s a Messi fanboy.

“I think of getting one this weekend. I always think of trying that Messi’s boots but Puma new boots is also good. The dragon Evospeed is nice.”

“Guys, I’ll cut your boots if you say one more words. To the field! NOW!! RUN!!” Coach Jongkook was always strict.

They do the stretching and then was about to do it like they always did. Passing the ball around. But then the coach call them again.

“Okay, you know Changjo is back today. New members, he is your captain. Starting today, he will conducted the training and I will just come for tactical advice. I’ll leave the training to him.” Coach Jongkook said and walk to the sideline.

“Hello guys. Sorry I’m late. Welcome to the new members. Baro, Jungkook and juniors. Last year we failed in the semi final of the nationals. But this year we will be back to zero. We’ll have to win the qualifier to get to the nationals. The other school will be training in hell to get back at us for beating them. So we’ll be training in the deepest hell to make up to our reputation.

New members! Remember this, we’re here to win, if you’re mindset is not to win than you can leave. Old members, remember last year failure. We’ll be champions this year.”

He speak so calm and confident. Truly a leader.

Then he split them into two teams.

“Any missed pass, missed shot, goals conceded, will be punished. Including me. So do your best like it’s a real game. Please decrease hard tackle. We need to avoid injuries.” He said.

In only 10 minutes, almost all of the other players is punished. The only players that do not make mistake is Changjo and Leo.

“You’re on this level and still dreaming to play in the Nationals. This level, is not even enough to beat the first opponent in the qualifier. But today is just the first day so tomorrow the real hell will start.” He looks scary.

……

“Yah Changjo is really a monster. No miss pass, interceptions, long pass. He is the best.”  Jungkook was amazed with his captain.

“Of course, Now look there.” Jungkook look and saw Changjo still training his shooting.

“His stamina level is of a monster. He always a perfectionist. I remembered how frustrated he is when we lost last year.” Minhyuk said.

“He deserved the captain armband.”Jungkook said.

“Okay lets go” Minhyuk said.

“You go first.” Jungkook stayed there watching him trains.

……

“You’re still here?” Changjo said after finished training.

“We’ll win this year.” Jungkook said.

“I like your energy.” Changjo sit down. ”You skill is good. It’s a shame that we did not go against each other last year. But I’m grateful you’re in my team now. So how’s your brother?” Changjo asked.

Jungkook also sit down and said.

“I don’t know. Just like always, perhaps.”

“You transferring here, did he knew?” Chango asked.

“Yes, he was against it but he cannot fight my father, yet.” Jungkook said.

“You acted to bluntly going against your brother. Next time if you want to fight him, keeps your head cool. The spirit must be burning but your head must be calm.” Changjo said.

“I will think about it.” Jungkook said.

“You’re good pretending not to know me.”Changjo smiled.

“I really don’t know you. You know, living in our world is like wearing a mask. But here, in school, is where I can be myself. You also seem different in school and outside.” Jungkook answered.

“The way you think, it’s like you really hate it. But you cannot run from it.” Changjo stand up.

“Your fiancée, Mina, she does not need to experienced all the things that happened to your sister. She did nothing wrong.” Jungkook said.

“I know. She always do everything for me but my heart is not for her.  I cannot force myself.” Changjo started to walk.

“I can’t just let her felt what my sister feel.” Jungkook also started to walk.

“So protect her. I cannot do it. She’s just a way for me to reach the top. When I don’t ned her later I don’t know what will happen. And Jungkook. You’ll be just like me. They will drag you back into this world. When they do that not only one will be hurt. Mina and Hayoung? Which one will hurt more. She might not know it yet but one day Hayoung will need to know.” Changjo went to his car and his driver drive him home.

“You still the same Changjo. You’re too good to be bad. ‘Your inner speech, your thoughts, can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved, happy or unhappy, attractive or unnactractive, powerful or weak.’- Ralph Carrell. You choose it yourself Changjo. Guess we’re going in different direction now.”

……