Chapter 18: Challenge

Graphite Love

"What are you saying??" Yonghwa asked.

"Nothing. So what do you want to tell me?" Jungkook asked.

"Father knew about the girl that live beside your house." Yonghwa said.

"So what? It's not like I am in a relationship with her." Jungkook replied.

"Since when did father care wether you are in relationship or not. He thinks that you're becoming too close with her." Yonghwa said.

"That's all??" Jungkook asked suspiciously.

"Off course not. But he did not tell me anything more. Whatever happen, I think it's the best if you just follow his order for now." Yonghwa said.

Jungkook smiled.

"I think I know what he want to say. Don't worry, I'll not involve you in this."

"Be careful, he is not an easy man. He have the power to destroy you and make you beg for forgiveness if you fight him." Yonghwa said.

"Say someone who wants the same power." Jungkook replied.

"That power, is actually very good. No one will disobey you. I like that." Yonghwa said.

.......

Jungkook entered their big house.

"Jungkook!!" his mother hug him.

"Hi mother." Jungkook smiled and hug her mother.

"I tell you that you need to come home once a week. Why did you never come home?" Eunhye said.

"Cut the reunion. You can just go visit him anytime. Jungkook come in." Mr Jongkook call him into his library.

"Your father call you back? What have you done?" Eunhye looks panic.

"Chill mom, I'll be fine." Jungkook just smiled followed his father.

......

"What happen to your leg?" Mr Jongkook asked.

"Football." Jungkook replied.

"Yonghwa told you?" Mr Jongkook asked after sitting on the chair. Jungkook did not sit.

"Just the part that he knows." Jungkook replied.

"So you know that I don't like that girl. Move to another house. I'll get it ready next week. You don't have to transfer school." Mr Jongkook said.

Jungkook smiled and take a deep breath before saying.

"Don't like that girl? What has she done wrong? Perhaps you don't like the fact that she is your ex-girlfriend daughter or your former-bestfriend daughter. Maybe you don't like her for the fact that you ruins her mother life?" Jungkook said calmly.

Mr Jongkook looks shocked and angry. But he control it well.

"So you already know that much. Whatever. Just follow my order. You know what will happen if you did not follow me, right?" Mr Jongkook.

"No I don't. Maybe I am thinking of being against you so that you know that your power is not absolute." Jungkook look at his father.

Mr Jongkook let out a quiet laugh and smiled again.

"What's that girl name? Bomi. Do you want the same thing to happen again? Or you prefer what I did to your brother lover?" Mr Jongkook glared.

"Brother's lover?" Jungkook asked. He never knew about his brother's lover story.

"You may asked him yourself. But the point is I can do anything and you, my son cannot fight me in your current state." Mr Jongkook replied.

"Okay, perhaps you can do that. But I warned you father. That thing you do to Bomi. The things you do to Hayoung's mother, Yonghwa's girl and whoever else, will be punished. I will clean up all the things even if it will be the last thing I do. You've gone too far. I knew all of it already." Jungkook said and turn aroung. He walks to the door.

"You think Yonghwa don't know about that? You think Yonghwa try hard to become my successor because he wants to? He was also like you, wanting to fix everything. But you must realize that as my son, both of you will get my power and only when you get it, you will be able to beat me. The sword is in my hand, only I will be able to determine when will I give it to you and your brother. Until then, you will be far below me." Mr Jongkook said.

"I don't care about the power...." Jungkook raise his voice.

"I've spoken to Jaesuk and Hyori, that girl will transfer school." Mr Jongkook said. Jungkook turn around and look at his father.

"What?!" Jungkook asked.

"You think I am not able to send her away? That's why you don't get the power yet. You proudly show your trump card to me that night. Let me tell you something, if you want to defeat me or fix anything, your plan must be perfect. A single mistake will cost you. Now look, your big plan has fallen before you even started to attack me." 

"They agreed??" Jungkook still don't believe it.

"Of course, they know what I am capable of and they will never want their daughter to bee involved with me." Mr Jongkook said.

Jungkook did not say anything. Mr Jongkook smiled and stand up.

"So now be a good boy and follow my orders." Mr Jongkook said.

Jungkook look at his father and smiled. Mr Jongkook feel weird looking at his son expression.

"Okay I'll follow your orders. Or I will just stay there and perhaps really make Hayoung as my girlfriend. The arranged marriage, just cancel it. I am not Yonghwa." Jungkook said.

"Did you not hear me? I will do what I say." Mr Jongkook said in loud voice. 

"I heard what you say. But I will not follow your orders again. Remember Bomi? I will make you pay for what you did to her. Want to know how? Maybe I will just asked my History teacher." Jungkook said.

"What are you saying my son?" Mr Jongkook said.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, his name is Mr Sukjin." Jungkook smiled when he saw his father is shocked.

"Sukjin?"

"So if you don't want me to ask him anything, maybe you will cancel Hayoung's transfer and just leave me at the house." Jungkook said.

"Are you negotiating with me?" Mr Jongkook asked.

"You make me learn business from Mr Kwangsoo. You should be glad that I am learning something there." Jungkook said.

"Good. You're doing a little bit better than your brother. But you should know that with this, you have challenged me to to something bigger." Mr Jongkook threathened Jungkook.

"You'll not do it because I have visited our old home. I already get some papers from your old underground file room."

"Wow, you really have a big plans. The paper might helped delay my move but you should know that some piece of papers will not be able to stop me." Mr Jongkook said.

"I know, but I am still challenging you. Wether I will discover the truth first or you can get me kneel first." Jungkook said.

......

"Got your message. So what do you want?" Hyeri asked Jungkook after she got a message from Jungkook to meet him at the park.

"Tracksuit girl, remember?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, on our first meeting. You call me that when you and ....him want to talk to me." Hyeri did not say Changjo's name.

"When I left, I never imagine that you and Changjo...." Jungkook did not finish his word.

"You know, your family, his family, maybe even Mina's, have the power to destroy us. So I rather not involve myself with him again and get hurt. Or maybe I don't want to hurt Mina's feeling. Changjo choose to wield the sword and earn the top spot." Hyeri said.

"He still loves you." Jungkook said.

"Love is just something that will distracted him.His father make me understand it clearly. You looks different but when the time comes maybe your father will do the same to Hayoung. So I want to ask you, when the time comes, will you be like Changjo and choose power or will you be able to protect Hayoung? If you choose Hayoung, I really hope that you stop that right now. Don't choose her. She will just get hurt." Hyeri said. Jungkook was surprised.

"I will choose her and I will not lose." Jungkook replied.

"Easier said than done." Hyeri smiled. " I already experienced it. I don't want Hayoung to feel like that."

"Stop comparing your story with us." Jungkook say.

"Why? Because my story is just a sad romance while your's is fairytale love?" Hyeeeri challenge Jungkook.

"No. Because it's the same story. Your story is the beginning. My story is the sequel. I will give the proper ending to the story. Hayoung, Mina, Changjo, Jungkook, Hyeri, Jimin.I will fix all and after that, and just after that, will you be able to compare our story." Jungkook said.

"You have a plan?" Hyeri asked.

"Maybe. just wait. I just want to tell you, don't give up on him. Deep down, he is still my old friend. That coward who can't even ask yur name." Jungkook says and left Hyeri.