Chapter 5: Who Are You?

Graphite Love

The car swiftly entered a garden before arriving into a mansion. When the car stopped, Jungkook did not go out so Hayoung just stayed in the car with him. Then she realized that the door will be opened for them.

“Good luck..” Jungkook said with a naughty smile.

“Why???” she can’t finished her words as the door was opened for her.

Then Jungkook held out his hand. When he saw Hayoung hesitating, he pull her arms and link it with his arms.

“Did everyone arrive?” Jungkook asked the man standing at the front door of the mansion.

“Mr Yonghwa and his wife will be a little late , Mr Changjo is on his way from his house.” The man answered.

“You said this is Changjo house?” Hayoung asked.

“Yes, he also has another house that is nearer to the school.” Jungkook answered like it was ordinary for a boy to has a mansion and a house.

“Hayoung!!”

“Mina!!”

The girls hugged each other.

“Yeah, Jungkook!!” Jungkook shout at himself and make a boring face.

“Wow, you look so beautiful.” Mina said when she really looks at Hayoung.

“He makes me wear this. It’s really uncomfortable with these high heels. I prefer sneakers.” Hayoung said.

“You must wear a dress to come here Hayoung. Yay! I have somebody to chat today. But how do you come here?” Mina asked.

“I guess you still don’t know, I’m Yonghwa’s younger brother.” Jungkook said. “I really don’t feel like coming but…”

“You must come as I personally asked you to come right?” Yonghwa entered the place which looked like the Entrance Hall. A woman beside her smiled at them.

“Wait a minute, who is this pretty lady here?” Yonghwa looks straight at Hayoung.

“Mina’s friend. My neighbour. Hi Changjo.” Jungkook waved to the big wooden door as a figure in gray suits entered the Hall.

“Wow, looks like all the stars of the night is already here. And looks who’s here, Hayoung. Nice to meet you! I think we need to go in now.” Changjo walks past them and not even glanced at his fiancée.

When all of them followed Changjo, Hayoung asked Jungkook.

“Wow, I cannot even looked at them in the eyes. Who’s that?”

“That’s his wife, Seohyun.” Jungkook answered.

They arrived at the dining hall, a long dining table with all sorts of utensils ready. Jungkook did not let Hayoung to sit beside Mina. All the elders, almost 30 people in the room just stayed in silence and just nod when each of them greets them. Hayoung feels uncomfortable when she became the centre of attention.

“Looks like we have an unexpected guest, Jungkook, will you introduce that beautiful lady beside you.” The man sitting in the first seats said and smiled.

“This is my friend, Hayoung. She’s Mina’s best friend. We’re in the same class. Mother, this is Madam Hyori’s daughter. You know, the family living beside my home.” Jungkook introduced Hayoung.

Hayoung recognise Mina’s parent smiling at her. She also smiled back at Jungkook’s mother that she met when she briefly stayed at Jungkook’s home. She also known Jungkook’s father from the television, but he is not smiling at her.

“So we must also introduce ourselves. I’m Mr Hyungdon, Changjo’s father and this is my wife, Jimin.” Hayoung smiled at him. He had a friendly face. She wonders how Changjo gets his handsome face when his father looks a bit like a ball. But Hayoung is more disturbed by the appearance of Changjo’s mother. Madam Jimin looks so young. Really young that no one that is still in their right mind will say she is his mother.

“And she must know Mina’s parents, right?” Mina’s father asked. Hayoung nodded.

“This is my mother, Madam Eunhye, and my father, the famous Mr Jongkook. My brother, Yonghwa his wife, also Changjo’s older sister, Seohyun. This is Madam Yeongja, mother of Yerin from class 2.” Jungkook introduced the other and Hayoung bow to each of them. Looks more like a meeting of rich people rather than just a dinner. They are the youngest in that room that is filled with elder with their own agendas.

“So all of us is here, why don’t we started the dinner.” Mr Hyungdon said and many maids enter bringing all sorts of delicious food. Hayoung who come after eating with Jungkook just looks dearly at the food.

After a while, Hayoung realise that many of the people there is not really eating. Each of them is talking to the person beside them. She cannot really hear the details but it looks like the dinner is just a place for them to seal an agreement about their business.

Jungkook looks like the only person who is focusing on eating.

“Jungkook, the situation don’t feel like dinner at all.”

“Yeah, all of them is just attending for their own good. Just eat, it’s not our moments yet. Be prepared. When all of them left, you will again be the centre of attention.” Jungkook said.

Mina and Changjo did not talk at all. Changjo is chatting with Yonghwa while Mina just look at her food and sometimes smiled at Hayoung who is looking everywhere.

……

“So the reason why all of us is here is not just to have dinner actually. I’m not that generous to invite so many of you only for a dinner.” Mr Hyungdon said loudly when all the guest finished having dinner and gathered at the Main Hall. Hayoung just cannot imagine how much the mansion worth looking at the interior of the mansion.

“I want to announce the collaboration of Neptune Hotel, Aphrodite Cosmetics, Eminent Group and my company, W.I. Entertainment for the next mega project, M Convention.” All the people there applauded.

“And one more thing, my son, Changjo will be marrying Mina, Mr Donghoon beloved daughter on February next year. I’ll send the invitations later.”

Hayoung know that Mr Donghoon owns Neptune Hotel and Mr Jongkook owns Eminent Group. But only at that time she realised that Jungkook, Mina and Changjo will inherit their parents wealth. They will be just like them.

Mina that is standing with Hayoung and Jungkook did not look happy when Mr Hyungdon announce her marriage. Changjo did not say anything.

But then when Mr Hyungdon stopped speaking and all the guest started chatting, Hayoung realise what Jungkook means when he say she will become the centre of attention.

Mr Jongkook and her wife, Madam Eunhye walks towards them.

“Jungkook, when will you learn that you need to come home once a week.” Mr Jongkook said.

“Chill, dad. Even if I go home there is nothing to do. Mom is busy with her foundation, Yonghwa with the company and you is always in the gym.” Jungkook answered steadily.

“So Hayoung, right. You looks so pretty. I don’t think we get to talk much when I stayed there right? How are you doing?” Madam Eunhye asked.

“I am good. Just feeling a little uncomfortable in a dinner like this.” Madam Eunhye just nodded hearing Hayoung’s answer.

“So tell me about your parents. How are they doing?” Mr Jongkook said. He looks at Hayoung like he has met her.

“They’re doing well.” Hayoung just simply answered him.

“What’s their name?” Mr Jongkook asked. Hayoung can see Jungkook smiling. Madam Eunhye looks at her husband weirdly.

“My father name is Jaesuk and my mother is Hyori. Sorry sir, why did you ask about my father? They’re just a normal citizens. We’re not rich like you guys.” Hayoung is annoyed by the way Mr Jongkook is asking.

“Nothing. Send my regards to them. Jungkook, come with me.”  Mr Jongkook walk away and he also signalled Yonghwa to follow him.

“Stay here with Mina. Mother, tell father I want a car on my birthday.” Jungkook said with a smile and left.

“This kid.. Proudly saying that he want to live on his own but still asked for present.” Madam Eunhye said. She also left to have a talk with Mina’s mother and Yeongja.

“Mina is it always like this?” Hayoung asked.

“No. I actually don’t really know what will happen. My parents only tell me about the dinner. I don’t even know half of the guest here. I wish I can go home soon.” Mina answered.

“You need to prepare yourself and make friends with other Mina. You’ll be a part of our family soon.” Suddenly Madam Jimin said from their back.

“Oh Hello.” Both Mina and Hayoung bow.

“Both of you looks so pretty tonight.” She just said that and left.

“She looks so young.” Hayoung whispered to Mina.

“She is. That’s Mr Hyungdon third wife. She’s not Changjo’s and Seohyun’s mother.” Mina also whispered.

“Yeah, my mother and Changjo’s is not available today.” Again someone appear from behind. This time it is Seohyun.

“Unnie.” Mina hug her. It looks like Mina is close with her. “Hi Hayoung. I’m Seohyun, Jungkook sister in law.” Seohyun said. “Let’s go to the garden. I need to talk to you both while Yonghwa is not here.”

……

“Your business class with Mr Kwangsoo will begin again soon. No excuse.” Mr Jongkook said to Jungkook.

“Okay.”

“Why did you bring that girl? I never said that you need to bring a partner.” Mr Jongkook said again.

“I don’t see any Mr Hyungdon being mad so it’s not something wrong.” Jungkook calmly answered.

“I don’t care if you bring anyone but a commoner like her.”

“Looks like you know some commoner too.” Jungkook quickly said and Mr Jongkook suddenly froze.

“Yonghwa, take care of your brother. I need to talk with Mr Donghoon.”

When Mr Jongkook left, Yonghwa only smiled.

“You are really capable of doing something big.” Yonghwa said.

“Such as?”

“Making him stopped talking. But you make a mistake bringing that girl. If you love her of or whatever, keeping it secret will be better than come here showing her to father. He will never left her alone.” Yonghwa said.

“I don’t bring her here because I like her. I also have my own plan. And one more thing, I knew about the man following me. Next time find someone more skilled.” Jungkook said.

……

“Here you are. Let’s get going. Mina do you want to join us?” Jungkook said when he found them.

“Join you?” Mina asked.

“to real party.”

Mina and Hayoung looks at each other but still follow him.

……