Chapter 10: Heart

Graphite Love

Hayoung sit alone at the park. She was holding the paper plane.

“Hi.” Sungjae sit beside her.

“Sungjae!” Hayoung is shocked and quickly hide the planes into her school bag.

“What’s with that shocked face? Now tell me.” Sungjae asked.

“Why are you here? Tell you what?” Hayoung asked.

“I went to your house and you weren’t there. You did not pick up your phone so I just guessed you might be here. Where else will you go when you had problems if not here? So now tell me.” Sungjae answered.

“How do you know I had problems?” Hayoung asked again.

Sungjae sighed and said, “I’ve known you for a long time. This place, this bench is where you will come whenever you had any problems.”

Hayoung look at him and smiled. She cannot even lie to him.

“What happened?” Sungjae asked again.

……

“I will always have this piece of my heart that smiles whenever I think about you. But that’s mine. You have your own heart. You know what I learn after getting rejected seven times? Try again. Because I don’t choose to love you. My heart did. So if your heart chooses someone else, trurt your heart. Because at last we only regret the chances we did not take.” Sungjae words after she tells him what happened keep replaying in her mind.

……

Hayoung walked home smiling after talking to Sungjae. She has made her decision.

As she walked home, she saw a beautiful girl wearing white dress walking in the opposite direction. That girl was really pretty. The girl looks at her and smiled. Hayoung felt like she had seen her somewhere.

“Hi Hayoung.” The girl said when she walk pass Hayoung. Hayoung stopped walking and turn around but the girl is gone. She searched for her but the girl is gone. How can she just disappear like that? And how did she know her name?

When Hayoung turn around she was shocked to find the girl smiling in front of her.

“Looking for me?” She smiled.

“How did…??” Hayoung cannot finish talking. That girl is really pretty. Her hair is pink and the white dress she wears make her looks prettier.

“Hayoung, I’m Bomi, can we talk for a while?”

“Who are you?” Hayoung asked.

“I’m Bomi, Jungkook’s friend.” Bomi answered.

……

Hayoung and Bomi at the table outside a café.

“What do you want to talk about?” Hayoung asked.

Bomi did not answer. She only stars at Hayoung’s eye.

“Your eye. You look determined. Looks like I have not so much to say.” Bomi smiled.

“Huh, What?” Hayoung asked.

“Jungkook, he likes you.” Bomi said.

“No, he like someone else. And that someone else is not me.” Hayoung said.

“He lied. He likes you. He just doesn’t want to admit it. Please help him, I’m begging you. Help him. He will destroy himself if he keeps doing it.” Bomi suddenly cried.

“Do what? How did you know he likes me?” Hayoung asked.

“I cannot tell you. But please stop him. And make him feels love again.” Hayoung asked.

Then her phone rings. Mr Jaesuk called.

When she raised her head, she’s gone. Again.

……

“Hi Jungkook. Can you help me with these.” Hyori said when she meets Jungkook at the grocery.

“Glad I can help.” Jungkook takes all the groceries.

Hyori talks about many things as they are walking, when they were just about to reach their house, Jungkook speak for the first time.

“Auntie, what is your relationship with my father?” Jungkook asked.

……