Paint

Graphite Love

“Woahh!! He’s coming to school today!!”

“Wow! He’s gorgeous as always!”

“His family is rich, he is handsome, he had proper manners, good grades, Captain of the football team since last year.. He’s perfect.”

I wonder about whom they were talking about but everyone seems to be talking about the same person when I was walking to the class with Mina.

“Hey Hayoung! Where are you after the morning exercise? I waited to go to school together. By the way Mina, a boy come to meet you earlier. I don’t know whom.” Jungkook meet me at the hallway. I left earlier because I’ve promised to go to school with Mina.

A boy looking for Mina? I can only think of one person..

When we entered the class, he is not there. Maybe he is in his class. But after a few minutes, he comes.

“Hi Hayoung, and you must be Jungkook, nice to have you on the team.” He shake hands with Jungkook, I can see Jungkook trembles a bit.

“Mina, can we talk?” Mina stand up and they went behind Jungkook seat at the back and when he look at him, he leave them and walk towards my seat.

“Hayoung, who’s that?” Jungkook asked me.

“He just come back from England, that is Changjo. He is your captain. Yes, the football team captain. He is even the captain last year when the seniors were still here. He is also among the top ranking in  academics.” I answered.

“So why is he talking to Mina?”

“They’re engaged.” I can see he is shocked with that news.

“They’re from rich family. They’re father wanted them to get married.” I said to him.

“What? We’re 18..” He asked.

“I also thought like that but they are living in a different world. Their parents want them to be engaged. They never know each other before their engagement.” I remember back then when Mina is crying because she doesn’t want to get married.

“Hope my father will not force me like them.” Jungkook smiles and look at Mina.

“Where are your parents, I don’t see them since last week?”

“I live alone now. My parents went back to their home.” He answered.

“By the way, why did I felt like I have met your father somewhere before. Your mother also seem familiar.”

“You read a lot right? Maybe you saw them in the magazine. And my mother, she is …hmm how to say this.. she just launched a fashion brand.”

I was dumbfounded. He is from Mina and Changjo’s world. I remembered it all. His father and mother is famous. His father own a big company while his mother was a model.

“You?..” I cannot find a word to say.

“Haha .. be comfortable. They’re my parents but I am not them. But please keep this between us.”

Then Changjo and Mina finished talking and Jungkook went back to his seat.

Mina looks sad. He must say something harsh again, that Changjo. It’s not like he is bad, but he is so straightforward that he don’t care to take care of others heart.

“Mina..”

“It’s okay.” Mina forced a smile and then just stare at her table.

…..

“What’s with Mina?” She doesn’t touch her food.” Jungkook whispered at me. Sungjae stare at him.

“Later.” I said. I was sitting on the same table as Hwaryoung, Mina, Dasom, Sungjae and then Jungkook join us.

When we walk back to the class, I tell him.

“As I say, they were forced to be engaged, so they don’t love each other. Changjo sometimes don’t treat her right.” I was about to talk more but then Jungkook replied.

“Understood. Can you do me a favour, bring her to my studio afterschool.” He said.

“What are you going to do?”

“I somehow understand her feeling. Maybe I can make her feel better.” He smiled.

……

“Mina, come with me.”

“Where?” Mina asked.

“Just come.” I pulled her hand. I don’t know what he’s going to do. Knowing him for about two weeks, he is someone that is weird. But I trust him.

“The store?”  Mina said when we arrive.

“Come in.”

Mina is surprised. I am also surprised about how the room has changed since the last time I come in. All the table was properly arranged and many drawings, painting and sketches.

“Hi Mina, come here.” Jungkook was waiting for us(probably just Mina)..

“Why don’t you look better, its already a few hours. Smile.” He pulled a chair and asked Mina to sit.

Then I realise that I’m not forgotten as he also prepared a chair for me.

“You can tell us what he said. Hayoung tell me that you never tell her what he said to you. I understand your feeling. My brother also is married the way you guys were engaged. I knew a bit about what you’re going through.”

“You don’t understand.” Mina said.

“Haha, of course we don’t understand. But talking about it maybe will make you feel better. Or just tell Hayoung. I’m not really close to you so you must felt awkward to tell me. And that’s not the reason you’re here.”

Jungkook then take a stand and prepared a paper. He then put it in front of Mina.

“Be my model for today. I’ll pay. Don’t know if you need the payment or not.” Jungkook said. I thought he is going to make Mina feels better but why is he drawing her face.

“Okay, be ready. Done.” H does not paint her face but he take the picture of her.

“Now Mina come here.” Mina walk towards him. ”Your hand” he put a brush in Mina’s hand. Then he take a table and put the water colour there.

“Draw his face.” He said.

“Huh??” Mina asked.

“Draw how you see him, pour your emotion.”

……

“Sometimes painting with emotions will make you feel better. The truth is nothing will make her feel better forever, this is just temporary. But I know her feeling. I saw how my brother and my sister in law live their life. Mina maybe will be just like that and that’s something that she need to face.

 But for now, she needs support, she needs you. In her world, everybody will hurt her, she’s amazing, going through that and still don’t scream like my sister in law. Always be there for her Hayoung. She needs you.” Jungkook said to me.

He looks at her with sympathy. I never really understand Mina’s suffering until today. Mina is crying while painting. Maybe because they live in the same world that he understand her.

Mina is not painting Changjo, she just paint… I don’t know what.

……

We send Mina home together and then I walk with Jungkook home. Mina was a bit different when we were walking. She always steal a glance at Jungkook. Jungkook don’t have training today so he don’t have to hurry.

“Hey Jungkook, I think they are many other way to release hr emotions. Why painting?”

“It’s free, I have all what’s needed there.” He smiled.

……

“Hayoung, wanna go play somewhere?” Jungkook asked me.

“When?”

“Now” he held my hand and run to the bus stop.

“Why are you running?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Just feel like running.”

Then we went to play.

 

……

“I’m home.”

“Hayoung, there is a surprised in your room.” My mother said. Surprise?

When I open the door.

“Hayouuunnnggg!!!”

“Hyerii, you’re back!”

……………..