Chapter 9: Hero or Villain

Graphite Love

“Hey Jungkook, I really think that I have met the girl on the wall before. Who is she?” Hyeri asked Jungkook as soon as he enters the class.

“Try to remember. You’ll be shocked when you find out who she is.” Jungkook said.

“Okay class. Since we’ve finished the chapter earlier than planned, today we will learn about something more relaxing and less boring than the history lesson. Don’t sleep today.” Mr Sukjin said.

“Sir, anything you said is our lullaby, how can we not sleep.” Ricky said from the back.

“Yah, this boy!!” The class laughed.

“Okay today I want you to think about a quote from someone and then I will call anyone at random to tell us the quote he or she had chosen.” Mr Sukjin said.

“Sir, does the quote need to be from historian.” Dasom asked.

“No, just think of any quote you can find. You all will not be able to come out with any quote if I want the one from historian.” Mr Sukjin answered.

“Okay, first person, Hayoung. Let’s hear what you have.” Mr Sukjin pointed at Hayoung.

Hayoung standed slowly and catch a glimpse of Jungkook that is writing something in a piece of paper at the back.

“The only way to do great work is to love what you do- Steve Jobs.” Hayoung said.

“Good one. Great quote and great man. Okay class, all of you have been through your career talk. Similar to what Steve Jobs said, I also tell you to choose a field that you like so you will not suffer later. So Hayoung, based on your career talk, I would like to know did you already find what to do?” Mr Sukjin asked.

“No…” Hayoung answered slowly.

“Never mind. You’ll find it. Now the next one, Hyeri.”

“Can it be a love quote?” Hyeri asked. The whole class turn around and look at her. They did not believe a rough girl like her will come out with a love quote.

“Love quote? From you? Interesting.” Mr Sukjin said as he was also surprised.

“This is from John Green, ‘Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters.” Hyeri recite what she had written on a piece of paper.

The class become silenced. They were expecting corny love quote.

“That’s a… sad quote. Can you please explain.” Mr Sukjin said.

“Like this. Not all people can love anybody they want. They might be afraid to love when they know that they will hurt somebody. Or there is something that they want to achieve and loving is not an option for them. I just want to say that we cannot blame them for not fighting for the one they love. They will be hurt by doing that. But when they make the decisions not to love, we must accept it and go on with our life.” Hyeri said.

“The way you say it, it seems like that happens to you. Okay enough with love, next…” Mr Sukjin saw Hyeri’s expression and quickly move to the next person.

Hyeri knows that Jungkook understand her story but her true intention is not to tell the story but as a reminder for Jungkook.

……

“Lastly, Jungkook. Come on let’s finish this and go eat lunch.” Mr Sukjin said.

“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain- The Dark Knight.” Jungkook said.

“Oh from the movie. Now explain why did you chose the dark quote like that.” Mr Sukjin asked Jungkook.

“It’s just that you’ll never know what will happen tomorrow. Maybe you can be dead tomorrow. Today we might be everyone’s favourite but tomorrow perhaps everyone will hate us. We might feel love today and the same might not happen tomorrow.” Jungkook explained with a serious look in his face.

……

After the class, Hayoung was thinking about the quote and decided to asked Jungkook in his studio. When she arrived, she heard Jungkook talking with someone. She hide behind the door.

“I can’t. Sorry.” Jungkook said.

“But why..”

Hayoung was shocked when she heard the girl’s voice. It was Mina. She know Mina liked Jungkook but she never thought that Mina is that brave to confess.

“I.. actually liked somebody else. I’m really sorry.” Jungkook answered.

“It’s okay. It doesn’t really matter because we cannot be together after all. I just wanted to confess so my heart will be at ease. The girl you like, is it Hayoung?” Mina asked.

……

“You realised she is there?” Bomi asked.

“Saw her hair from the window beside the door.” Jungkook answered.

“You answered her question knowing that she is there. You’re…. mean.” Bomi looks angry.

“You break three hearts today… You don’t even understand yourself…” Bomi wipe her tears.

“Three?” Jungkook stand up and wipe Bomi’s tears.

“Mina’s, Hayoung’s and mine.” Bomi said.

“You know I don’t have a choice. I can’t let love ruins my plan. I need the plan to succeed before I go.” Jungkook said.

“But in the end, you will be the one that suffers. I won’t let that happen. You have suffered enough. Please. Try to love again. I beg you.” Bomi cried.

“I will hurt her if I love her. She makes me happy after a long time. Hurting her will be the last thing I would want to do.” Jungkook said.