Again

Graphite Love

Hayoung wait for Jungkook for their morning exercise in the morning of the next day but he did not come out of his house. Hayoung called him from her room but there is no answer so she started jogging by herself. When she arrived at the park she saw Jungkook already there. He is drawing something.

“Good morning Jungkook! Why are you so early today?” Hayoung asked. But then she realised that Jungkook is wearing his football team training kit and. “Do you have training in the morning?”

“Did you forget what I tell you in the car last night? We’re going to a training camp. Its only a few weeks before the regionals qualifier. I’ve done some parts in the group assignment. Check your email.” Jungkook answered.

“Oh so what’s with drawing early in the morning today?” Hayoung asked again and just then she realised Jungkook is drawing a face she knew, MINA.

“I just wanted to finish this before going to the camp. Okay, done. I’ll wash my hand first.” Jungkook walk to the water tap.

“Hey Jung kook! This is….”

“Mina. I promised to draw her in my studio. So I need to fulfil the promise.” Jungkook answered.

Hayoung look at the drawing sadly.

“Hayoung, I’ll not be in the class so can you give this to her, please.” Jungkook put the brush and the colour in the bag.

Hayoung felt something weird. A feeling she never felt before.

“….Okay.. I’ll go home to change first.” Hayoung said.

Jungkook look at her walking and smiled. It looks like Hayoung still don’t find it yet.

……

When Hayoung walk into her room she saw a paper plane. She run to the window and look at Jungkook’s room but the window is closed. That means that the plane is there since she wake up but she did not realise. Just how did she miss that?

……

“Hayoung! Okay this is it. I’ll be away for three days so please look after my house. Okay, I need to run to school now. I’m already late.” Jungkook handed the painting to Hayoung.

“Okay…. Jungkook!” Hayoung yelled when Jungkook is a few steps ahead of her.

“What?”

“Nothing! I’ll wait for you to come back first.” Hayoung just whispered the last sentence.

The paper plane is neatly placed in her diary in her bag.

……

Minhyuk, Baro and Jungkook are not in the class because of the camp. But the class is loud as usual. Hyeri, Dasom, Hwaryoung, Mina all gathered around Hayoung table when Hyeri tell them that Hayoung attended the dinner at Changjo’s mansion.

“Whoaa, you’re so lucky. I always wanted to at least be at one of those rich people dinner.” Hwaryoung said.

“It’s nothing actually. I like to be in normal dinner more. It’s less burdensome.” Mina sincerely said.

“That’s just because you always be in one. We never been in any so it will be a good experience even if it’s only once.” Dasom said.

“You guys should look at what Hayoung wear last night, the blue dress is really beautiful.” Hyeri added.

“Yeah, you look really pretty last night.” Mina said.

“Yah why don’t you asked us to join you!” Dasom said.

“It’s not her fault. Jungkook only asked her.” Hyeri answered the question.

Just then Mr Sukjin enter the class.

……

“Okay, everyone rest in the room first. We’ll start the training in the evening. Before that I will meet you in room twelve in 15 minutes.” Changjo said.

When all the players gather in the room Changjo distribute the tournament table to all of them.

“The qualifier will begin in two weeks and it will be a league with four teams in a group before the first and second in the group will proceed to the knockout round. So don’t even dream of slacking in this few weeks because we will only aiming to be the best in Seoul. With that we can give a war declaration before the Nationals. Understood?” Changjo voice echoed in the room.

“Yes!!” all of them answered.

“For these three days here, we will train without the ball from 6 to 10 at the field. Rest for three hour and we’ll start at 1 in the gym before going to the field for tactical training in the evening.”

“What do you mean by training without the ball?” Yoseob asked.

“Stamina.” Changjo just answered with the word but everyone sigh at almost the same time.

“We’ll die if we do just stamina from 6 to 10.” Baro whispered to Minhyuk but Changjo heard it.

“We should think about dying when we win the Nationals but before that, FOCUS! On the last day we will be having a friendly match with the high school nearby. It will not be a big match because of their level but we will need to beat them to see how much we improve. The real test come when we go back. We’ll have a friendly against a regulars in the nationals. Your previous school Jungkook.” Changjo look at Jungkook.

“WHAT!!” Jungkook said looking shocked.

……

“Mina, Jungkook asked me to give this to you.” Hayoung give the painting to Mina when the class ended.

“…. Wow…” Mina become speechless when she saw the painting.

“Whoaa.. That boy really has some talents.” Hyeri also saw the painting.

“Mina put the painting in her locker and then all of them walk to the cafeteria.

When Hwaryoung and Dasom went to the bathroom, Sungjae and Hyeri went to get the food, Mina and Hayoung walk to their usual spot.

“Hayoung, can I tell you something?” Mina asked.

“Yes, what?”

“…I think…. I like Jungkook.” Mina said.

Hayoung cannot find a word to say. She is not really shocked as she expected her to like him but still, she is dumbfounded.

“Really, that’s good. But Changjo…” Hayoung finally said after a while.

“That’s the problem. He’s my fiancé but when Jungkook come, he make me feel so special.”

Hayoung think to herself, ‘He also made me felt special. Did he do that to every girl?’

“Are you okay with me liking him? I mean, you’re the first one to meet him and you’re so close to him. Did you guys have anything between you?” Mina asked.

“I’m …fine with it” before Hayoung can finish her words, Hyeri and Sungjae arrived with the food.

……

                                Hey Hayoung, wear the white dress,

let’s go somewhere fun when I come back.

 

Hayoung folded the paper plane and leave it inside her diary after reading it again. She felt confused. Mina is her best friend but she also like Jungkook.

……

“Honey, where are you going?” Jaesuk asked his wife.

“To the market. Come with me. Jungkook is not here to help me.” Hyori ordered her husband.

Jaesuk and Hyori walk to the market while chatting and laughing. Then a luxury car stopped in front of them.

A man in tailored suit come out of the car. Hyori dropped the basket.

“JONGKOOK.” Hyori and Jaesuk said at the same time.

“Yes, I’m Jongkook. It’s been a long time, Jaesuk. You still look lovely,Hyori.”

……

“What are you doing her alone at this time?” Bomi asked Jungkook who is sitting under a tree looking at the moon.

“You startled me. Nothing. Just thinking about my mistake. I’ll need to meet them again.” Bomi suddenly appeared beside him so he is startled.

“The team? I’m sorry.” Bomi suddenly opologized.

“No it’s not your fault. It’s mine.” Jungkook said.

……

Flashback…

“Whoaa, we can only pass the group stage if we win the last game. Nationals sure is harder than I expected.” Jimin said.

“Yeah, so be ready for tomorrow. We cannot lose or draw. We must win.” Suga said.

“Okay, I’ll be going home first. Bomi’s waiting the result of our match.” Jungkook said.

“Yeah. Don’t be late tomorrow.” Suga said. Jungkook run leaving Suga, JImin and V.

“Bomi’s really nice. She always watch our game and prepare the food and drinks for us. I think we draw the game today because I don’t eat her food.” V said.

“Don’t be nonsense. If it’s not because of Jungkook we’ll lose today. We really need him to be at his best tomorrow. But if Bomi can come tomorrow it will be the best. I really gain strength with her cheering.” Suga said.

“Haha. She’s Jungkook’s girl but why did I feel like all of us need her more than our own girlfriend in our match?” Jimin said.

“That girl is loud and cheerful even when we lost. She’s a vitamin.” V said.

……

“Yahhh!! Why don’t you win?!!” Bomi hit Jungkook because the draw the game.

“Now you need to win tomorrow to qualify. You better play good tomorrow or I’ll be really mad.” Bomi said.

“You’ll be there tomorrow, right? We need you to win. Okay, I’ll be going home first. I’m smelly.” Jungkook smile and walk home.

……

“Hello Jungkook, where are you? The game will start in 5 minute.” Jin called Jungkook.

“This is not Jungkook. He left his phone at home. He already left to the match earlier.” The maid answered the phone call.

“He is not at his home. Try calling Bomi.” Jin said to V.

“She’s in the audience. There she come.”  V answered.

“Where is he? I’ll search for him. You guys just play first if he did not come. I’ll drag him here. I’ll make sure he regrets coming here late. You guys! Don’t you dare lost. I’ll kill you all if you lost.” Bomi warn them.

“..Ermm.. Okay.” All of them answered.

……

Bomi can’t find Jungkook so she walked back to the field. He’s not home, at the store or the streets. When she come back she look at the scoreboard. 4-0. They are losing badly.

She tried cheering them with 15 minutes left. But the team looks like they give up already.

In the changing room, the mood is really tense. Bomi cannot find anything to say.

Then Jungkook opened the door. “I’m sorry. What happen?”

The whole team look at him. No one said anything. They look at him as if he was the one that make them lose.

Then his best friend, Jimin stand up and walk to face him.

“I don’t know what happen but team lost because of you. You’re our ace but in the most important time, you are not here.” Jimin then punch him. Bomi scream.

The scream wake Jungkook up from his sleep. He is still under the tree. Bomi’s not there anymore. But he heard someone said something eveenthough there were nobody there.

                                            'Why stop dreaming when you wake up??'

……