Chapter 13: Like a Dream

Graphite Love

"Long time no see. And who is this? Hi lovely ladies." Jimin smiled at them.

"Jimin.." Hayoung can see the fear in his eye when Jungkook said his name.

"What's with that face, Jungkook? Don't you like meeting your old friend?" Jimin looks around and look at the book Mina's holding. His face become serious for a while before he smiled again.

"Look at what I found here. You still have that book?" Jimin asked and then take the book from Mina.

"Hey, give it back!" Hayoung finally said something.

"Giv it back to whom? This book is not his. It is absolutly not yours or hers. The owner of this book is not here. I'll have it and give it back to her when I get back. She will b glad to have it back." Jimin said.

"Give it back!" Jungkook try to take the book. Then they can see Jimin glaring at him.

"Is it not enough what you have done to her? This is not yours." Jimin pushed Jungkook out of his way and walk away.

After taking a few steps, he turn around and say, "Be prepared for the game. I'll kill you if you play half-hartedly just because we were your former school." Jimin said.

Hayoung felt weird that after what happened, he still can say that kind of thing to Jungkook. It's not like he is encouraging Jungkook, more like a warning, but still it's like he is warning him not to get what happened between them outside the field into the game.

......

Jungkook walk home with them and when they finally geet home, Hayoung realised that Jungkook is smiling. She don't know why so she decided to do it. She wanted to claim the promise he made using the paper plane.

"Mother! I want to go out for a little while this evening. I'll be home before dinner." Hyori is watching the television when Hayoung asked.

"With whom?" she asked.

"Jungkook."

"Ok."

......

"Jungkook!" Hayoung knocked his window using a broom.

"Yeah, wait a minute." Jungkook opened the window.

For a while, Jungkook was stunned with what he saw.

"Yah, what are you looking at? Today I want you to fulfill your promise." Hayoung show him the paper plane.

"Oh, that one." Jungkook is still not blinking as if she will dissapeard if he blink.

"Yah, what are you doing? Say something." Hayoung knocked his head with the broom.

'Yahhh, that's hurt. You're so pretty I can't take  my eyes of you! Give me a moment!!" Jungkook scream.

"Yah, why are you saying I'm pretty while screaming?!!" Hayoung shoutd back but she is touched.

.......

Jungkook and Hayoung is walking together at the park but Jungkook is weird when Hayoung is not even saying anything since they arrived. She just keep on smiling.

"Hayoung, why are you so quiet?"

Hayoung smiled and then run. Jungkook follows her.

"Yah, wait for me! Why are you acting like this today?"

She stopped on the ice cream stall and pointed out at th ice cream.

"You want one? Okay. Why are you not speaking? Uncle, give me two. Vanilla." Jungkook said to the uncle. Then Hayoung patted him and make the X sign with her arms.

"Not Vanilla? Chocolate?" Hayoung nodded.

"Okay, I'll take two chocolate." Jungkook said but her head is still looking at Hayoung. She looks so cute with her action.

"Here,watch out for your girlfriend dress. It will ruin the beautiful dress." the uncle smiled at Hayoung.

They walk to the nearest bench and sit there.

"Here, be careful." Jungkook was about to eat his ice cream when he saw  a drop of the ice cream is falling from Hayoung ice cream and straight onto the pure white dress. 

Jungkook quickly put his hand and catch the drop. "Hayoung, be careful." She just smile at him. She's been smiling the whole time. And she's smiling again.

The were eating quietly for a while as Jungkook cannot find a word to make her talk. Then when he turn, he saw is filled with chocolate. It's like a little girl eating.

"Yah, you're doing it on purpose." Jungkook said but he cannot be mad because when he open his mouth, she looks at him with her big eyes.

He take a piece of tissue and wipe while keeping the ice cream far from the dress.

Hayoung is still smiling at him.

......

"Hayoung!! waitt..." Jungkook chase Hayoung when she run away after finished eating the ice cream. 

Jungkook grabbed her arm when shee stopped walking. "yah, dont just leave like that."

But Hayoung wasnt paying attention. She pointed at the shop in front of them.

"Art Supply??" Jungkook asked. She just nodded and entered the store.

Jungkook always come there so he was not as interested as Hayoung but she still is not saying anything.

When Jungkook was looking at the marker, Hayoung pull him to the graphite pencil section. She pointed to the pencil.

"You want more pencil?"

Again Hayoung makes the X sign.

"Ahh, you want to know about the pencil?" Jungkook asked.

"Okay, you're starting to draw nowadays right? How about I buy you this set of graphite pencil. From 6H to 8B. I'll explain to you later." 

Jungkook was about to pay when Hayoung started to pplay with the charcoal.

"Hayounnggg!! Dont touch it.Oh no you already touch that thing." Jungkook grabbed her arm so that it wouldnt touch the dress. He pay for the graphite pencil and walk her out to the nearest water tap. He washes her hand and say.

"The charcoal will not be easily washed from your dress." Jungkook say angrily but Hayoung just smiled back at him.

......

It is already almost dinnr when they reached home and Hayoung pulled Jungkook into her house and have dinnr with her family. She speak to her parents but not to Jungkook. 

Then after they eat, Jungkook and Hayoung went to Jungkook house because Madam Hyori has packed some food for him.

"Jungkook, look at this." Hayoung finally spoke to him and show him the white dress is a little bit dirty.

"This white dress is just like you. Howeveer hard you try to protect it from getting dirty, it will eventually get dirty. You cannot avoid it. Maybe you've done something wrong in your past but that's life, you must face it." Hayoung said.

"I know. I'll face it." Jungkook smiled back.

"Huh, you know?"

"Yeah. I already decided on what to do. Thanks for rminding me." Jungkook smiled.

"Oh no, so I mak many thing to get it dirty for nothing."

"Wait a minute, you plan all of the incident. Yahh I bought you this dress. How could you plan to get it dirty?" Jungkook said.

"Haha, sorry, I just thought that maybe I can make you smile again if you can face your problem. But it seems like you already deal with it." Hayoung trid to run.

"Nope, no running away. Making me like a wall not speaking anything today. You think I will just let you go." Jungkook grabbed her arm but both of them is off balanced and fell to the floor. Jungkook manage to keep his balance and caught Hayoung. Their eyes met each other  and their face is just a few centimeters away.

Both of them blushes and Hayoung quickly run away from the house leaving the food container she was supposed to bring back to her house.

......

The outing with Jungkook keep Hayoung awake until 3 in the morning. How he keep on taking care of her. It's like a dream. She really is falling for him.

 

......