Chapter 17: Truth and Memories

Graphite Love

Hayoung wake after a while and realised Jungkook is already awake.

"Are you oka, Jungkook? You were screaming in your sleep." Hayoung ask when she saw him at the table eating the food.

"Sorry. I was having nightmare." Jungkook said without looking at Hayoung.

Hayoung know that Jungkook is lying. She grabbed his hand and only after that Jungkook looks at him.

"You know, I really think that you're lying. Okay come on, tell me the truth." Hayoung sit in front of him.

Jungkook was still dumbfounded when Hayoung hold his hand and just look at her.

"Oh, okay." Hayoung let go of his hand.

Jungkook smiled at her and said.

"I'll tell you thee truth, but maybe later." Jungkook said.

"Okay." Hayoung said with a smile and left.

......

"The truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a moment but it ain't goin' away." Jungkook heard Bomi's voice and turn around. He saw her behind him.

"I am just shutting it for a moment, when the time come she will know everything and at that time, I will be ready to face the conseequences." Jungkook said.

"You know what? The truth hurts, but it doesn't kill. The lies may please, but it doesn't heal. Perhaps you'll be ready, but will her ever be ready to face the truth that even her parents hide from her." Bomi said.

"She had her family, friends, and everyone beside her, she'll get through it. All the faults that my family has done need to be fixed." Jungkook said.

"She may had everything, but the odd is that she will lose you, and what will happen if you are everything she needs?" Bomi asked.

"She deserve better. I am already damned the moment I found the truth." Jungkook smiled.

......

"Okay class, we have 30 minutes left. The other teacher will be mad at me if I nd the class too early. So what do you want to do?" Mr Gary asked the class.

"Of corse they'll be mad. You come in late and always left early." Joy said.

The class laughed.

"Yahh, I'm getting stressed whenever they lecture me. Can you guys imagine? I'm a teacher too." Mr Gary said and the class laughed again.

"So what are we going to do. You don't give us any homework anyways." Hyeri said.

"Okay just do any works that you got from another teacher. Ricky, Linzy, if the principal get into the radar, immediately alert me. And you all, knew what to do?" Mr Gary asked.

"Yess sir." All the students answer. Ricky and Linzy sit besidee the window so they will easily saw anyone coming. And if someone comes, the class need to just pretend that they were still learning. Mr Gary will just teach anything. That always happen in the English class with Mr Gary. He is lazy but friendly so all the students like him. The students still perform well in exam so the Principal still did not get any reasons to take any actions on Mr Gary.

"Hayoung, want to go to the park today? I'll teach you to use the pencil." Jungkook said.

"Okay." Hayoung smiled.

......

"Why are you here?" Changjo asked.

"I was waiting for my brother. Father wanted to meet him." Yonghwa answered. Changjo smiled.

"You can just asked anyone to come and pick him up. What's with the 'brother' attitudee?" Changjo asked.

"You catch up fast. I just need to warn him before so that he will be prepared to meet him." Yonghwa said.

"About that girl?" Changjo said.

"Wow, you know more than you should boy." Yonghwa said seriously.

"Finally it's her turn already. I was wondering what will happen. That girl before, Bomi, didn't last long. I wonder how will this one turn out." Changjo said.

At the same time Hyeri, Hayoung, Mina, Hwaryoung and Dasom walk out of the school. Mina saw Yonghwa and walk to greet him. 

"Good evening Yonghwa-oppa." Mina said. She just look at Changjo.

"Don't look at me like that." Changjo stare back at her.

"Hi Mina. Hayoung, I know we will meet again. And look who's here, Hyeri. Long time no see." Yonghwa said while glancing at Changjo. Suddenly Changjo looks panic.

All of them look at Hyeri. They never knew how Yonghwa know Hyeri's name.

"Let's go." Hyeri said.

The girls walk away.

"I'm glad I come here. Really brings back memory. There he come." Yonghwa saw Jungkook walking towards him.

Changjo just look at him angrily and left.

Jungkook arrived and asked.

"What happened?"

"Father want to meet you." 

"The time has come." Jungkook said nervously.

"I warned you." Yonghwa said.

......

Flashback

Shorter Jungkook and Changjo was waiting for something. Both of them was looking at the road from behind the fence of Changjo's house.

"When will shee come, it's already late." Jungkook said.

"Wait for it. There she is." Changjo saw that girl. Wearing tracksuits, she was jogging.

"Really? Okay I'll go now." Jungkook said.

"Wait!!" Changjo stopped him.

"What, we've been here three days and everytimes she shows up you stopped me." Jungkook said.

"What if she rejects it?" Changjo asked.

"If she rejects it we just play dumb and move on. You're too young to just fall for a trespasser and live happily ever after with her. Even if she accept you, you guys will fight and break up later." Jungkook answer meanly.

Changjo take a deep breath and nodded.

Jungkook run outside and that girl jogged pass Jungkook without even looking at him and Changjo.

"Hey you!! Heeyy!! Hey tracksuit girl!!" Jungkook yelled but she just jog pass them. Only then Jungkook realised that she is wearing the earphone.

"She's wearing earphone. Let's just try tomorrow." Jungkook said. But then he saw Changjo look at him sadly.

"Maybe that's a sign for me to just give. I was not brave enough to tell her myself that I like her." Changjo said.

"Oh come on man. Let's go to the convenient store and celebrate you giving up on your first crush. I'll buy you some ramen." Jungkook try to cheer him.

Jungkook and Changjo was waiting for their ramen to cook when a girl sit at the table behind them. It was that girl. Jungkook realised it first.

"Changjo, look!! Tracksuit girl!!" Jungkook said.

"Tracksuit girl?" Changjo asked.

"Your crush." Jungkook answered.

"GO!!" Jungkook pushed Changjo.

Changjo was not ready and lost his footing a bit and looks like stumbled before he managed to grab a hold of a chair.

"Hello." that girl said smiling and look at Changjo weirdly. Changjo look behind at Jungkook but Jungkook just make a sign and whisper 'fighting'.

"I'm Changjo. Sorry, I'll go back now." Changjo said.

"What??" That girl asked.

Changjo don't know what to do.

"Why don't you just sit down first. You look neervous." that girl smiled again.

"I like you!!" Changjo said. Jungkook laugh crazily. How can he skip the intro and jump right into confession?

That girl was shocked and didn't say anything. Her face turn red.

"Okay I can't take it anymore. Hi tracksuit girl, this is Changjo. I'm Jungkook. As you heard, my friend here kinda like you so he is hoping can we become friends?" Jungkok asked.

Changjo look at him.

"Okay man, chill. As I said, he want to bee friend with you, And he is signalling that it is my time to go eat my ramen." Jungkook smiled and walk back to his ramen.

"I'm Hyeri." that girl finally introduce herself. She said it loud enough so that Jungkook stop calling her tracksuit girl.

And that's the start of the end.

......

In the car, Jungkook looks outside and saw a girl jogging in tracksuit.

"Th tracksuit girl, Hyeri, I am the one that is responsible for her hurts."

 

.......