20 Seconds of Bravery

20 Seconds of Bravery

The set up of Soshi Arts Academy was divided up into stories and separate buildings. The first story was where all the freshman, counseling, attendance, and the main office was. 

The second story was where all the sophomore classes. Since they were the loudest class, the freshmen and the junior classes would always complain about them, but it was mostly just the junior class.

The third level was where all the junior classes were all held and another counseling office for all the juniors and seniors to share instead of having them walk all the way to the first floor where all the freshman were. At the end of the hall was the infamous student supply closet. It was the perfect place for the upperclassmen to do their "activities" since no one really went in there other than the students. The school President, the Vice President, the Secretary and the Treasurer were suppose to be the only ones who had access to that room, but ever since the school moved their meetings to the fifth floor, the room had just been forgotten. The students had taken advantage of it and utilized it for their own needs. 

The fourth level was where all the senior classes were held and where the Senior Lounge was. Rumors have been spreading about the amazing room where students were able to relax after a stressful day of school. There were rumors about three pool tables, a vending machine for junk food, drinks and healthy snacks, and couches next to outlets where seniors could play their video games using the school's high speed internet. The only problem was, it was the Senior Lounge. None of the lower classmen, including the juniors have ever stepped foot in that room. It was made for the seniors and they sure love to keep it to themselves and the wondrous secrets that were behind those double doors. 

Then, there was the fifth floor. That was where all the clubs were being held aside from the Swim Club. Since Soshi Arts Academy is one of the best schools in Korea, specific clubs were only approved by the school and clubs that wanted to start up would start meeting in their own classrooms, outside of school or have more than 15 members to earn a spot on the fifth floor with the exception of the Swim Club and the Dance Club which was the club Yuri belonged to. The oldest clubs such as the Robotics Club, which was the club that Sunny belonged to, Chemistry Club, Literature Club, and the History Club were in the furthest away from the stairs since they were the clubs that have been there since the school opened 10 years ago. The newer clubs such as the Business Club, the one Tiffany belonged to, Computer Club, and the Drama Club were recently established within the past 2-5 years that the school had been built. All the clubs were all ran by students, but there had to be a teacher to sponsor the club in case they wanted to go on field trips and such. Every now and then, the Chemistry and Robotics club would have an undergrad student from Soshi University come and help out in the clubs.

Although the rooftop was restricted for students, the president of the Astronomy Club, junior Im Yoona, and the members of the club were the only ones who had access to the roof due because they had trouble looking at the stars through the windows. The members had set up telescopes, chairs and tables, some students outside the club had said that they only do that because it gives them an excuse to have a get-together every other day after school and turn it into a social gathering. Yuri had been to the roof once and that was only because a counselor had asked her to take a letter up there to one of the members. She returned eagerly to her three friends and told them about how awesome the rooftop was.

In front of the school, on the let side was the junior and senior parking lots, on a rare occasion that a lower classman would drive a car to school, they had to park on the sidewalk right across from the school. The stone gate surrounding the school and the trees made the school look like it had been around for more than 10 years, even though the interior made it look very modern.

Behind the school was where the track and field was currently being reconstructed, the only sport Sooyoung actually cared about. The soccer team and the softball team now share a field because of the current changes the school undergoing. The cross country team had been running around the neighborhoods close to the campus and resulted in doing some weight training inside the multipurpose room which was now being shared with the Dance Club, the basketball team and the Drama Club, but only when they held performances. Next to the track and field was a fairly large building that held an Olympic size swimming pool and a locker room that all the athletes shared. There was a door for the swimmers to go through and the back door was for the others to enter from. Next to the swimming pool, there were 4 tennis courts. Behind the tennis courts was where most of the students would get high because of the 25 ft tall gate around the tennis courts. It was the perfect place for the girls to hide behind. It was the furthest place from the school and the teachers and principal rarely made a trip to the area.

"Are you sure we can do this?"

"Yeah. Hurry up before we get caught." The second girl motioned and went behind the tennis courts and disappeared behind a shrub.

"What do you think they're doing?" Sooyoung turned to Yuri.

"Who knows." Yuri shrugged. She was lying on her back in the middle of the grass field with her the back of her head resting on her palm.

"You don't wanna know what they're doing?" Sooyoung sat up and looked at Yuri.

"Not really. I'm comfortable here and I don't really wanna move." Yuri closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh.

Sooyoung shrugged. "Alright."

Ding.

Yuri pulled her phone out of her pocket. "It's Pppany."

Ding.

Sooyoung pulled her phone out of her pocket as well. "It's Sunny."

"'Meet us on the fifth floor. We have lunch for you.'" Yuri read. "What does yours say?"

"The same thing." Sooyoung placed her phone back in her pocket.

"Should we go?"

"Hell yeah!" She grinned. "They have food."

Yuri sighed and slowly sat up. She held up her phone next to her ear and waited for someone to answer. "Which room?"

"The Chemistry Club." 

"Alright, Sunny. Who's there?"

"Ppany, Narsha Unnie, and she said that someone else is coming. She's an undergrad from Soshi University." Sunny answered.

Sooyoung took the phone away from Yuri's ear, "What kind of food is there?"

"Aish." She grumbled. "Why are you always thinking about food?"

"Answer my question woman."

"Food that you will enjoy. Now hurry your asses up here. We're all hungry." Sunny commanded and hung up the phone.

Sooyoung looked at Yuri who just shrugged. "You're the one who decided to like her." She took her blazer and bag then started heading towards the school.

"It's not my fault I like her." Sooyoung quickly ran after her. "It's kinda like tripping. You don't mean to do it, it just happens."

-----

CHEMISTRY CLUB

The area was  set up like a laboratory. Around the perimeter, there was a counter top that had buns-n-burners, laptops, notebooks, scattered paper, test tubes and binders. In the middle of the room were five tables that students used in order to do research and things of that nature to conduct experiments with a little precision. There were two white boards on wheels so the students could easily maneuver around the classroom in order to show other students their work or have them correct an equation. In the far right corner were where the cabinet of safety goggles and the aprons were. Next to them was the shower and the eye wash in case a student had chemicals on their clothes or eyes.

Three girls sat in the middle of the room happily chattering away. Two of them were sophomores and the other one was a senior. Food was sitting in the middle of the table, waiting to be eaten.

"So what are your plans after when you go to college?" A blonde asked. 

"Well, hopefully I can go to Soshi University with my mentor. She's been a huge inspiration to me ever since she started visiting the Chemistry and Robotics clubs when she started her undergrad work in Sohsi. I plan on visiting this place for my undergrad too, but since I don't really want to be stuck in this place for too long, I might do my undergrad in the States." The oldest of the three answered.

"Wah!" The brunette smiled. You're my inspiration Narsha Unnie!"

"Thank you, Tiffany." Narsha smiled. "What about you, Sunny, Tiffany? Any plans?"

Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other and shrugged. 

"I honestly haven't given it much thought." Tiffany said, tapping her chin with her index finger. "I always thought that once I get into high school my entire life would just come together, but it really hasn't."

"Me too. Now that I'm a sophomore, I honestly thought that my life would be a little bit more put-together, but it doesn't feel like it has." Sunny answered.

"Maybe it'll be different when we're juniors or seniors." Tiffany assured. "I mean, it makes sense because we're just kids. When we're older, we'll know what we want in life."

Narsha nodded. "I honestly had no idea what I wanted to do up until my the end of the first semester this year. It'll take some time but once you figure out what you want to do then all you have to do is work hard and go for it. Got it?" Tiffany and Sunny smiled.

"We're here." Sooyoung grinned and swung the door open.

"Hey guys." Yuri walked in from behind and sat herself in between Narsha and Tiffany. "Hello, Narsha Unnie, how are you today?" She asked, giving her a small bow.

"Hello." Narsha returned the bow. "I'm good, how are you?"

Yuri shrugged, "Same old, same old I guess."

Narsha kept eyeing Yuri, "So what do you plan on doing after high school?"

"I plan on becoming a sports agent." Sooyoung grinned.

Sunny looked at her, "Really? Since when have you ever had ambition?"

Sooyoung shrugged, "I never really tell anyone because no one really asks me."

Narsha gave Sooyoung a look, "I wasn't talking to you, but that's cool."

Tiffany grabbed her some food from the center and started helping herself. "Where were you guys anyway?"

"We were at our usual spot." Yuri answered.

"Don't you have dance practice?" Sunny asked.

She shrugged, "Yeah, but you mentioned food and Youngie kinda dragged me here. So it doesn't really matter. Besides, the tennis girls are a lot better looking than the dancers."

Sooyoung grabbed a plate and started stuffing her face, "What did you do today, Bunny?"

Sunny covered Sooyoung's mouth and laughed. "You're spitting food on my uniform. I just washed these last night."

Sooyoung blushed. "Sorry."

Sunny giggled, "It's okay. Just watch it next time, okay?"

She gulped her food down and gave Sunny a lovestruck smile, "Okay."

"Get a room you two." Yuri threw a piece of rice at the two and made gagging noises.

Tiffany laughed, "You two should just admit that you have feelings for each other and date already. Stop being in the dark."

"'And at least I see the light~'" Yuri sang.

"You mean 'see the light?'" Sunny corrected.

"Oh." Yuri grinned.

"Boo!" Tiffany hissed. "Get off the stage!"

While all this was happening, there was a knock on the door. The four friends were too busy in their own world to notice an angelic figure standing by the door.

"Sooyeon Unnie!" Narsha happily jumped on her and gave her a tight hug. "I'm so glad that you an make it!"

"Yah!" Yuri barked. "Watch it!" She tackled Tiffany out of her seat causing her to spill her drink and the food on her plate went all over the place.

"Ouch!" Tiffany hit her back on the wooden floor.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Sooyoung chanted.

Yuri was about to throw the first punch when Sunny pushed her off Tiffany, "Stop it!"

"Ow..." Yuri groaned. "My shoulder..."

Tiffany slowly sat up and rubbed her back, "Oh , that hurt more than I thought. You okay, Yul?"

"Yo, my shoulder hurts like a little ." Yuri held it in place.

"Oh my God!" Sunny began to panic, "We need to take her to the nurse!"

"But it's after school hours. The nurse is out of campus right now." Tiffany said.

"I got it!" Sooyoung hauled Yuri over her shoulder, "We can walk to the hospital!"

"I have a car." A quiet voice interrupted.

All eyes went on the figure that was still standing by the door.

"Guys, this is Sooyeon Unnie." Narsha smiled. "She was the undergrad I was telling you about."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you four again." She smiled and bowed.

"Hello." The three of them bowed.

"Yah!" Yuri screamed. "Don't drop me!"