Alternate #6

Regret

 

“ I’m home..” Adeline fumbles with her luggage and entered the house. Baekhyun who is preparing dinner in the kitchen slicing some tomatoes quickly dashed to the door and saw the love of his life smilling sheepishly. “ Hey.. why didn’t you called me? I can fetch you at the airport, baby” closing their gap they shared a hug and feel each other warmth. Baekhyun place his hand on the back of her head another hand on her small waist and she tighten her embrace longing his scent. She buried her nose in his neck and mumble ‘I miss you’.

 

 

 

With a smile, Baekhyun replied, “ I miss you too. Let me finish preparing the dinner so that we can eat. Why don’t you take a shower and change some clothes. You’re smelly you know?" He said jokingly with a grin.

 

 

 

“Yaaa! Byun Baekhyun.. I’m not that smelly! Oh god..’’ She pinched his shoulder and earn a small yelp from him. “You smell too okay.. like a rotten tomatoes!’’ Adeline giggled and pinched her nose.

 

 

 

Baekhyun scoffs “Ahh haa.. I see.. Why don’t we both take a shower together then?’’ Trapping her between the wall and his arms, Baekhyun try to . Adeline didn’t know how she ended up there. Her face turns red and her cheeks feel hot. She could feel Baekhyun’s breathing on her face giving her signal how close they are right now.

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared at her and tilt her chin and make her look into his orbs. “ Whats wrong babe?” with slow husky deep voice, it sends shivers to her spine. “Baekhyun..No.. I .. erm..” She pushed him away playfully with a light chuckle, “I think I can just go to shower all by myself.” Small smirk creeps to his face and he keep on teasing her by leaning closer.

 

 

 

He whispered “Why not?” he didn’t stop but instead his lips trailed lower. Knowing her being so nervous, he gave her a quick peck on her lips. Adeline quickly push his arms and ran to her room. Baekhyun giggles and continue his work at the kitchen.

 

 

.............................................................................................................................

 

 

 

“Chanyeol.. is that you?”

 

Turning his head slowly and he felt like he choked on his own saliva.

 

“Uhm Hyemi?”

 

“Chanyeol.. we need to talk.. please” she pleaded. Her eyes are now switched to a little girl in his arms. “is that our princess, Chan?. Oh my baby.. my baby is that you honey?” Trembling, she went closer but halted as Chanyeol’s eyes send a death glare on her.

 

 

 

“Don’t come near! She is my baby. My child! Our princess?? My foot. Yes. She may be part of us but she is mine. I raise her. Where were you? Why were you here? Why you bravely called my name, show your face in front of me and trying to-

 

 

 

"Chanyeol.. I’ve hurt enough. I regret everything I did for all these past years. I know I’ve wrong you, I’m a bad mother. I left her, I left you, Chan. I choose my career over both of you. I’m hurt too. Your words that night still lingering in my head.. Haunted me every single day. But why you didn’t call my name? You never stopped me when I walk out that day. When I clearly don’t want to leave both of you after I gave birth to her. I was hoping you’re going to stop me, at least called my name. But you didn’t Park Chanyeol..” crystal droplets were clearly pouring down streaming her cheeks showing no sign to stop as she reminisced the day she was chased out from the house.

 

 

 

I admitted it was my entire fault. I never want to leave you Chanyeol. I never want to leave our baby. My love for her is already there the moment I heard her first cry. With pains quickly subsided and exhausted, I saw her, our lovely daughter. She is so pretty. I thought you’ve taken back your words and forget everything. But I’m wrong. I’m so sorry Chan... I’m truly sorry.’

 

 

 

Tears were brimmed at the edge of the tall man eyes. He sniffed his daughter hair and kissed her head,he prayed ‘Oh Lord.. Please give me some strength. Chaerin ah.. I’m not okay,princess. Daddy is hurting inside.’

 

 

 

Kneeling on the ground and hugging the tall man’s legs, Uhm Hyemi lowered her dignity and begged “ Park Chanyeol, I apologize for what I’ve did, for things that I shouldn’t have said. I’ve hurt you.” Sobbing so hard, she continue “I’ve failed you and I made the biggest mistake by walking out on you and our child. I gave myself to my anger. I .. I am truly sorry. I want to make it up to you. Please give me another chance”

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh, “You’ve hurt me enough, Hyemi. It’s not my place to punish you. Everybody make mistake. I’ve wrong to the woman who loved me so much and left her just for you.”

 

 

 

Looking at her, he paused. Putting Chaerin down, the toddler quickly holds his hand and stand by his side. The tall man speaks “I’ve forgive you.. But I’m a human too. I have feelings. I know what frustration is, I know what hurts is. I can’t take you back. It’s not I won’t give you another chance, but my heart is no longer open for someone named Uhm Hyemi.”

 

 

Trying to gather his words, she accepted his decision. There’s nothing she can do.

 

 

 

“Thanks for forgiving me. I understand and respect your decision. If I were you I’d do the same thing. I .. I think there is nothing I can say more. I’ll go.”

 

 

 

She reached her daughter, and hugged her. She doesn't care if Chanyeol stopped her. She just missed her child. Her beautiful daughter that once she hate, she didn't want. She wants to look at her for the last time and remember her features. Her beautiful big eyes, her cute nose and her cherry lips. She want all of that to buried in her mind even she knew Chaerin will grow up. 

 

 

 

Hyemi knew this is the only chance she had before she left. She has to leave them, just like she did for the last two years. Hyemi hugged Chaerin and kissed her face with tears b non-stop. Understand nothing, all Chaerin do is blink her eyes and look at her father.

 

 

 

“Daddy……….” the innocent child called her father. Chanyeol look away. He couldn’t look at both of them. It touched his soft heart to see that her daughter being able to see her mother again after all these years she left. She couldn’t taste her own mother’s milk; feel a mother’s love since she was born and now they reunited even it’s just in a short of time. Chanyeol didn’t know whether this is the right thing to do or not. He’s not sure. He is hurt by her action and the same time he’d still love her. he knew it very well, deep down in his heart that they still loved each other. Besides, Chaerin need a mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

#AUTHOR’S NOTE

Hello there my dear readers~ sorry for the late update. Settling some stuffs here in Uni~ I know I always tell you guys that I’m going to finish this story. But yeah still.. the story is still on going. I will try to finish this as soon as possible before I get busy with my final year project. Do wish me luck and I love you. Bear with me pleaseu^^ Thanks for reading my story guys~ love you!!! Maybe one or two chapters left. I will try my best finishing it.

p/s: Chanyeol is so handsome these days.. I’m weak.. how can I survive? But I love Baekhyun. Mr.Park is such a bias wrecker! Aigoo~

XOXO, 

Blackrosez