Alternate #3

Regret

#AlternateEnding 3

Two years later…

It was a great Sunday morning; the weather was cool, brisk and invigorating. Adeline Jung was busy watering her plants in the garden. Byun Baekhyun was leaning to the dining table, with a cup of coffee in his hand, watching her through the kitchen window.

 

 ‘She looks so happy.. and she was smiling again’

 

Baekhyun transformed his yard to a beautiful garden. Just for her. Just for Adeline, the girl who captured his heart. He knew she love flowers. Her favorite was white rose. The garden is so beautiful with all the flowers grow and bloom across the yard. It gives a very calm and peaceful feeling just by looking at it. They did stay and living together, but they were just friends, not more than that. Baekhyun was thrilled as soon as Adeline agreed to stay with him. Despite that, he felt happy for loving her albeit she did not love him yet. He knew deep down inside, Adeline still wait for Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun still remember, that time, Adeline just moves in with him. Baekhyun will check on her every night as she once wanted to hurt herself. Back then Baekhyun will hear her cry in the middle of the night. Hearing those muffles, painful sobs really hurt him. That’s why he didn’t talk about his feeling until today. There is one time, he tried to confess, that evening.. Both of them just finished dinner, she was wiping the kitchen table..

 

 

[Flashbacks]

 

‘Adeline-ah.. can we talk for a minute?’

‘Yeah… what is it?’

‘No.. It’s nothing.. it’s just.. I ..erm..’. Baekhyun scratch his head, even he didn’t feel itch at all. He took a deep breath and continued.. ‘ I  want to tell you.. that I kinda like you. I want to be with you. I want us to be more than friends.’

With eager and thumping heart, he waits for her answer. Adeline was looking at him. She heard it clearly. Baekhyun loves her. He must have loved me out of pity, she thought. He is doing all these because he knew I am just a pathetic woman who had been dumped by her fiancé. She doesn’t want this. The truth is, she is not ready. She is afraid to open her heart for another man. Trying not to look at him, she speak,

 

‘Are you okay,Baekhyun? I think you were tired. Just have some rest and let me finished cleaning the kitchen.’

 

Baekhyun held her arms and make her facing him, ‘Don’t try to change the topic, I knew you heard me. Didn’t you see how much I care about you? I have waited for you for so long. Just give me the chance. I just don’t understand how you can look at me like it’s nothing.’ He was looking at Adeline with full of love, waiting for her to respond.

 

Adeline still couldn’t look at Baekhyun in the eyes. Her mind went blank. After a long paused, she continued,

 

‘Baekhyun.. I need time. I couldn’t accept you and I can’t promise whether I will return your love or not. I’m not ready.. You know, once you’ve been hurt, you’re so scared to get attached again. You have this fear that.. Everyone you like is going to break your heart. That is how I feel. I don’t even want to try anymore because I feel unwanted and annoying and I’m afraid, that’s all I’ll ever be. I am so sorry.’

She released his grip and quickly entered her room. Baekhyun did he saw her tears fall.

 

[Adeline’s POV]

 

I’m sorry, Baek.. I’m sorry.. I .. I’m just tired of emotions, I’m tired of myself. I’m just so tired for everything..’

And because of that incident, they didn’t speak to each other for 3 days until Baekhyun bring her to eat tteobukki at the road side. They chat until late night and did take a stroll near Hangang River.

 

[End of flashbacks]

 

Since that, both of them didn’t discuss nor talk about the incident anymore. He did give some hint and signs but Adeline still gives him a cold shoulder. He will wait. Wait for her. He believes that she is going to be his. That time will come.

 

 

‘Hey beautiful, let me feed you.. you need to grow healthy and  stay pretty, just like me..’. She chuckled hearing those sentences that just came out from . Adeline was talking to her flowers. She does that every day. She felt calm and by talking to the flowers, it gives her some strength to forget her problems, kind of a therapy to her mind.  Those flowers were like her best friends. When she came home from work, she must have a look on her garden and checked on those flowers. The flowers witnessed her smile; her cried and heard her problems or how she stressed about work and all her secrets. Including this one that she was just about to confess this morning.

 

‘Hey there my beautiful roses, baby’s breath, petunias, gardenia, daisies and sunflowers. I have a new secret to tell you’. She smiled.

‘  I …. I found love.’

 

‘I love him.. I love Baekhyun.’

 

She finally realized. She doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her. Waiting for Chanyeol to come back is worth for nothing. She had really let him go. After all these years, she had learnt to accept Baekhyun, but she never admitted her feelings. All the things that Baekhyun had done for her had sewed up Adeline’s broken heart. From where she was in the hospital, helping her find a proper job and to all other small things, he was always there for her. Pieces of her broken heart are now backing to its original place. She could smile again and it was all because of a man named Byun Baekhyun.

 

‘I have finally get over him.. I was so stupid for waiting him for all these time. It really hurts that I cannot find the reasons behind all of this.. Chanyeol and I were never meant to be, I guess.. Baekhyun did touch the bottom of my heart. I fall in love with him for his kindness, his smile.. That rectangular smile makes my heart flutter. His cheesiness and teasing never failed to make me laugh. His jokes, when he impersonate somebody.. I fall for him. His voice..whenever he called my name. He had really cared for me a lot. It is funny because I’ve been hurt so bad and I still love so hard. I admire my heart for that.’ She was glowing.  A wide smile plastered her face as she remember everything about Baekhyun, his pretty long fingers that she always jealous of, his cute little small mole on the right side of his upper lips. Adeline Jung really fall in love once again. She knew she had been selfish; she once had shot him off. But this time, she was so sure about her feelings. Right now, she just didn’t know how to tell him.

 

When Adeline was confessing just now.. she didn’t knew that Baekhyun was standing behind her, hearing all of her words. He was relieved and mouthed ‘yes’ with wide smile showing his full teeth.  ‘Oh Lord.. my prayers have been answered.. thank you..! thank you!’. Baekhyun quickly tiptoed and hug her from behind. Surprised by the sudden backhug, Adeline nearly screamed and almost dropped the watering can. ‘Baekhyun! you scares me..what are you doing? Let me go..’. Byun Baekhyun encircled her waist tighter so that she Adeline couldn’t escape.

 

Baekhyun just smile to her. ‘Baek… Baekhyun..’, Adeline called him. She felt very awkward by just being like that with him. Actually she was afraid if Baekhyun had heard of what she just have said a few minutes ago. Adeline was pretty sure; he had heard all of it. Her faced is now as red as tomato but she tried to gain her balance and calm down. Only God knows how nervous she is by just standing like that with him. Baekhyun rested his chin on her shoulder and speak, ‘Let’s get married’.

 

 

Adeline tried to look away and her mind is still digesting what she had heard just now from the man. Taking a deep breath, Adeline uttered, ‘Baekhyun.. I ..’

 

‘Oh come on, Adeline.. I heard all the confession just now.. stop pretending..’ Baekhyun turn her around and they were facing each other. ‘Listen.. I love you.. I do not love you out of pity or anything. I do really like you and fall for you when we meet for the first time. But that time you’re with him. You knew him first. I rather let you go for our friendship and I don’t want to be the third wheel. You didn’t know how much it hurts when the person you love is with someone else, and then you’re engaged with Yeol. My heart shattered but I held the pain. Just for both of you to be happy. But that man wasted all of it. Chanyeol didn’t know anything until the accident. I let it all out. I saw in his eyes that he was shocked and mad. That time I just don’t care anymore because I all in my mind was you. Will you survive? Will I ever see you again? All these question keep playing in my mind. I don’t want to lose you. Just now, I was so thankful that you finally opened up your heart. I promise you, Adeline, I will take care of you, cherish you and always be there for you. Will you marry me, Adeline Jung?

Adeline was touched. She was happy. A tear finally escaped at the corner of her eyes. She was moved by his words. He did prove that he would take care of her. Yes, he was always there when she need him. He is the one. She realized Byun Baekhyun was her savior, her knight in shining armour, her man and her everything.

By taking a deep breath, she hugs him. ‘ I want to marry you,Baekhyun. I want to be your wife. I love you!’

Baekhyun run his palm onto her hair and whispered ‘thank you’.  They were looking at each other orbs with smile plastered on their faces.

 

Baekhyun was so happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note:  Hey guys! its been a long time i'm on aff.. i'm back! hahah.. its a semester break~

so, yeah i got a month to spend wisely..hahah.. my friend told me to make the alternate one longer n put some plot twist.. yeahh.. i will considered it.. let me try my best.. so here it is~  another chap after a long long long wait babies!

thanks for reading.. do drop your comment n tell me what you think of it! *throws hearteu*