Chapter Six

Heartstrings

Chapter Six

            When they make it to Jaebum’s house the first thing Jaebum does is go call over other people, not a lot of people but enough to have different faces to speak to every once and awhile. The next thing he did was bring out different types of alcohol, ranging from beer to vodka and even whiskey.

            “Let’s take a few shots before everyone gets here,” Jaebum said smiling as he held up shot glasses and a bottle of what Mark pursued was vodka.

            “Body shots?” Mei-Rin asked giggling as she nudged Jackson.

            Walking over to Jaebum he whispered in his ear, “Where’s the bathroom I wanna clean up a bit, from ya know?”

            “Oh, well you can go upstairs and use mine real quick.” Jaebum said, and when he noticed that Jackson and Mei-Rin weren’t paying the two any attention he kissed Mark. Mark hated the fact that he smiled when Jaebum did so, he did not want to feel happy about this situation, but what was he supposed to do, he did want to forget about Jackson.

            After Mark returned from the bathroom there were a few more people in the class, he knew a few but most he had only seen in school and never talked to them. It seemed that everyone had already taken a few drinks, and Mark did not want to be behind, so lifting up the bottle of whiskey directly he chugged a few gulps before setting it down, earning a few cheers.

            “Let’s play a game!” Mei-Rin cheered.

            A few people gathered around the floor of the living room where just a few nights ago was filled with dancing bodies.

            “Okay so I vote for playing Never have I ever, it’s simple and fun. Plus we can learn more about each other.” She said nudging Jackson’s side.

            “Ohh…I don’t know if that’s such a good idea,” Jackson said, looking a little scared. He wasn’t a play boy but Jackson had done some things he probably didn’t want Mei-Rin knowing about like that time he had a with some cheerleaders that went to their school.

            “Oh come on now Jackson, this is a judge free zone,” Mark said, laughing a bit. The alcohol in his system already clouding his body in a soft haze. Mark felt nice and loose and he wanted to have fun. “I’m down for the game, what about everyone else?” Mark asked earning nods from equality if not more drunk people.

            The game started with simple questions, like never have I ever kissed anyone, never have I ever got into a fight. Then it got a bit more serious, people ready to kick certain people out of the game. When it was Mei-Rin’s turn she looked around before whispering childishly, “Never have I ever had before,” earning a few groans from people as they put their fingers down. Jaebum smirked when he saw Mark put his finger down as well, hiding his smile was he took a drink from his bottle of beer.

            “Wait Mark last time I checked you were a ,” Jackson said, staring confusedly at his best friend.

            “Yea, that was last time you check,” Mark said taking another gulp from his solo cup that had a mixture of something fruit punch tasting inside.

            “Wait so you had and didn’t tell me?” Jackson asked sounding a bit hurt. They had always shared things before, even when Mark said he really didn’t want to know. Jackson’s look of hurt make Mark feel a bit bad, but the hand on Mei-Rin’s leg made Mark care less.

            “Well who did you have with?” Jackson asked bluntly, wanting to know why Mark had kept it a secret.

            “That’s not really any of your business Jackson, we aren’t married I don’t have to tell you everything.” Mark said, earning a few laughs from the group.

            “Mark! We tell each other everything.” Jackson said, but Mark ignored him.

            “My turn, never have I ever had a .” Mark said, and the look of betrayal that flashed on Jackson’s face was bitter, but it was worth seeing Mei-Rin cringe just a bit before brushing it off.

            “Let’s play a different game, this one is boring. How about we play seven minutes in heaven.”

            “What are we five?” Mark asked taking another gulp from his cup before setting the empty thing on the ground. He was pleasantly drunk at this point, drunk enough to not care about things but not drunk enough to vomit everywhere.

            “No we’re at a party, people play games at parties but I guess you wouldn’t know very much about that now would you.” Mei-Rin snapped.

            “Like how you don’t know much about your boyfriend? Sure let’s play your little game.” Most people felt fine with playing the game while a few got up to socialize. Jaebum provided his empty beer bottle to act as their spinning device.

            “Let the games begin.” Jaebum said.

            Mark had to admit the game was pretty interesting, it was funny to watch people blush or cringe as their fate was sealed by a spinning bottle. Mark however felt like he was being punished when Jackson spun the bottle and it landed on Mark. This was either the perfect opportunity or straight up hell because while Mark would love to spend seven minutes in a cramped closet with Jackson it looked like he would be spending that time with an angry bear instead.

            Jackson wasted no time as he got up and pulled Mark to his feet before shouting, “Start the timer.”

            Once they were inside the closet Jackson pushed Mark before nearly shouting, “What the hell?”
            “Geez Jackson could you be any louder? The purpose of the game is to be quite so that people don’t know what you are doing in here, or you could be extra loud if you have no shame.” Mark said laughing at his own joke.

            “Mark what has gotten into you, you used to tell me everything.  Don’t keep secrets from you. How would you feel if I kept Mei-Rin a secret?”

            Happy…Mark thought before focusing on Jackson who was still complaining loudly.

            “I wouldn’t have cared, we’re in high school why would I give a about who you date?”

            “Mark! What has gotten into you? You never drank like this before at parties, and then you start acting mean towards Mei-Rin when all she wants to do is be your friend. You know she came crying to me because she thinks that you hate her.”

            “And if I do?” Mark asked suddenly serious. “Why should she care if I don’t like her, I’m not the one dating her.”

            “Mark, how could you say that? D…did I do something wrong to make you upset because if I did I’m sorry about whatever it is but there is no reason for you to take it out on Mei-Rin.”

            “Do you wanna know who I slept with Jackson?” Mark said avoiding the question, hate pooling up and out his chest. “I ed Jaebum, that’s why we’re always together. When we went to the movies we actually did it again. That’s why I left you and your perfect little girlfriend there, and you wanna know the funny part, I don’t even like Jaebum like that. Not the way I love someone else, but get this they don’t love me back.”

            “Mark…I’m sorry, did you tell the person how you felt. You shouldn't use Jaebum like that. I know you’re sad but mindless is not the cure.”

            “Oh I think it is,” Mark said before surging forward and placing his lips on his best friends. Mark was drunk, yes he understood that. He had also said a lot of things sober Mark would never dare say, but drunk Mark didn’t care. Drunk Mark wanted that ache in his chest to go away, even if it lasted only for a few minutes.

            Mark expected Jackson to push him away but instead he felt Jackson cup the back of his neck and pull him down. Both boys nipped and kissed each other, hands gripping all over each other’s bodies and when Mark felt a hand slide into his pants he moaned into Jackson’s mouth. When the door suddenly opened however both boys nearly topped out, panting heavily. Mei-Rin looked pissed and Jaebum had his eye brow raised but he didn’t look particularly upset. Yea sober Mark would be freaking out about right now, but drunk Mark was surly Mark’s favorite.