Chapter Thirteen

Heartstrings

Chapter Thirteen

            After the boys left the rooftop they took a quick shower in the locker room together before headed towards the cafeteria. No surprise to Mark having on the school roof top made you stupid hungry, so pizza was the next thing on his mind. When they arrived at the school cafeteria a few people gave them odd looks until Mark recognized some of them as the students that saw them all kissing this morning.

Paying them no attention was much easier than expected, perhaps it was the amazing or because Jinyoung and Jaebum actually made him happy, he wasn’t too sure but whatever it is Mark wanted more of this feeling. He hadn’t even thought of his feelings for Jackson recently, too caught up in Jinyoung and Jaebum but Mark knew what he felt for those boy’s wasn’t love. He liked them he did, but that was nothing compared to the feeling of love.

After grabbing their pizza’s they sat at a table that was within visuals of Shownu’s table. He had his arm wrapped around a pretty brunette who was laughing at something he said.

“Alright, you wanna see something awesome?” Jaebum asked giving Jinyoung a knowing look. Mark looked that the taller boy curiously before Jaebum took out his cell phone and started taping away before the familiar sound of a text being sent came from his phone’s speakers.

“And now we wait,” Jaebum said, smiling wickedly at Jinyoung before shoving a French fry in his mouth. Mark was going to focus on his greasy pizza when Jinyoung smacked his arm and pointed towards Shownu’s table. Mark looked on at Mei-Rin’s brother’s table and watched as he pulled out his phone. The boy seemed to be reading something, something apparently funny until the smile quickly dropped from his face. The people sitting at Shownu’s table burst into hysterical laughter, their laughs filling most of the cafeteria in the back where they sat. Mark couldn’t hear what Shownu was saying but he did witness the boy push the girl away from him in disgust. He could also pick out when the boy had yelled, “What the Kira?!”

She looked upset, tears streaming down her face as the boy yelled at her before her own lips pulled back and she yelled something at him before walking away. Just what had happened over there? Mark turned to ask until Jaebum shoved his face in front of Mark’s. Mark hit the play button and waited. At first the screen was mostly black until the top of a head popped up. Mark blushed when he realized that it was a video of a girl giving someone a .

“Um thanks but no thanks, I don’t need to watch while I eat my pizza thank you very much.” Just what was so interesting about some girl giving head until Jinyoung slapped Mark’s hand, making him drop the Pizza he so badly wanted to consume.

“You’ll want to see this o, you might even recognize one of the actors in it.” Jinyoung said before pushing the phone back towards Mark. Figuring that this was the only way to get to his greasy food Mark pressed the play button again. The sounds the girl made were not at all attractive and Mark was quite bored until the girls face popped up into view when she started to give the he was a .

“God Jaebum you’re so much bigger than Shownu, I don’t think all of you will fit…” Mark didn’t get to hear the rest of what she was saying because suddenly it all made sense. Mark nearly chocked on the drink he was sipping, coughing as a fit of laughter tore its way from the back of his throat.

“Oh you didn’t!” Mark said, wheezing as he tried to get his breathing under control.

“Oh but I’m not, I always have secret weapons to hold over enemies. I don’t think he’s going to mess with you again, unless he wants to test me, but I highly doubt he’d do that.” Jaebum said staring over at the table where Shownu was demanding that his friends stop laughing. Mark thought he had nearly gotten his breathing back under control until Shownu looked over at their table and Jaebum gave him a wave. Mark was laughing so hard he hadn’t noticed that Jackson had approached their table.

The laughter at their table soon died down as Jackson stood in front of them. Jinyoung was practically glaring daggers right at Jackson’s head while Jaebum looked mostly sad for the boy. While Jinyoung was happy to have Mark as a new addition to their little team Jaebum knew that Jackson wasn’t a bad guy, he was just stupid. He pitied the boy really.

             “C…Can I borrow Mark for a minute?” Jackson asked looking at Jaebum and Jinyoung. Mark could see the very visible dark circles under his old friend’s eyes and the usual smile that belong on Jackson’s face was missing. Jackson wasn’t even dressed as he usually did, instead the boy wore a pair of black sweat pants with a simple white tee-shirt. Before Jackson wouldn’t be caught dead in an outfit like this, what had happened?

            “I’m not his keeper Jackson, ask Mark yourself he’s a big boy.” Jaebum said, while Jinyoung chuckled and said, “Boy is he,” Before earning a hit from Jaebum who smiled none the less.

            If possible Jackson’s face got even sadder after Jinyoung spoke but he swallowed hard before asking, “Can I talk to you Mark…please?” Jackson added for extra measure. Mark looked towards Jinyoung and Jaebum, Jinyoung looked like if Mark got up and went he’d cut his off while Jaebum just had a look of pity. Mark wanted to say no for their sake, but this was Jackson, and for right now Mark would still always pick Jackson. So nodding his head Mark got up and followed the boy out the cafeteria.