Chapter Eight

Heartstrings

Chapter Eight

            “Mark get up…Mark I swear if you throw up in my bed I’m kicking your .” Someone yelled. Groaning Mark blinked up tiredly at a very unamused Jaebum.

            “So loud…my head feels like straight .” Mark said rolling over before realizing just where he was. “What am I doing here? I don’t remember being here.” Mark said, trying to sit himself up so he could look at Jaebum properly.

            “Yea that’s because I found you passed out on my front porch. You’re lucky I found you and not the cops. What were you doing out there anyway?” Jaebum asked, handing Mark a water bottle and some aspirin.

            “I don’t know…thank you,” Mark said uncapping the water bottle and taking a few gulps before popping the aspirin in his mouth and taking that as well.

            “Mark you really ed up last night ya know?”

            “Wha…I don’t even remember my last name right now,” Mark said getting up and heading to Jaebum’s bathroom to relieve his bladder. When he took his pants off however he looked down curiously.

            “Why the hell are their hickeys on my thighs? Did we have again? What did I do last night?” Mark asked as he finished washing his hands.

            “More like who, and no we did not romp in the sheets last night. Do you even remember who you slept with?”

            Sitting back down on the bed Mark scratched the back of his neck. “I…I think his name was Won something.” Mark said still trying to piece together the night.

            “ing Tuan you had with Wonho, school playboy Wonho? Please tell me you used a , he has with everyone…like everyone everyone.”

            “Yes we used a and what you ed him too?” Mark asked glaring at the boy who was judging him so harshly. Ever since he had woken up all Jaebum did was talk about Mark’s recent and apparently never ending ups.

            “No I have standards, just because someone will have with you doesn’t mean you should.”

            “Thanks really I needed to hear that. I should go, I wasn’t supposed to be here in the first place because you said you didn’t want me right?” Mark said angrily but Jaebum just pushed Mark down on the bed, stopping him from getting up.

            “Stop it, that’s not what I meant last night and you know it. I will admit that I shouldn’t have said that exactly that way but you were kind of out of control. You know Jackson texted you about a thousand times but I guess you didn’t notice because you were too busy getting ed by Wonho.”

            “Jaebum! Stop, okay I get it I ed up alright? Don’t rub it in anymore. I’m sorry I kind of cheated on you but like kind of didn’t if that makes you feel better? Also I don’t even remember what with him was like but I remembered how it was with you.”

            “Damn right you would, I’m amazing.” Jaebum said wrapping his arm around Mark’s waist.

            “You know I wish I could have fallen for you instead…” Mark said softly.

            “You’re just saying that because I give you things,” Jaebum said placing a kiss to Mark’s temple.

            Smiling Mark said, “No not just that, you’re a good lay too and strangely enough you care about me even though you know I’m bound to up.”

            “You know, you should probably apologies to the two of them sometime in the near future.” Jaebum said talking about Jackson and Mei-Rin.

            “Can I do it after I eat?” Mark asked when his stomach growled audibly.

            “Yea pancakes first apologies later.” Jaebum said grabbing Mark’s hand to take him downstairs. Jaebum smiled as they made breakfast together. He knew he didn’t love the boy but he felt a soft spot for him and he just wanted Mark to be happy. So when Mark smeared pancake batter on his face Jaebum grabbed Mark’s wrist and placed a chaste kiss on Mark’s lips.

            “W…what’s that for?” Mark asked.

            Jaebum smiled and said, “For being an idiot.” This wasn’t love but it sure was something different, something special.