Kai's Backround

The Healing Club

KAI

Lee Jong-In was adopted into a loving family, and lived in Seoul with his new mother and father for a year before moving to California, United States of America.  He had a very supportive mother and father, yet he always seemed sort of depressed.  With his new surname, Kim, there was still something lingering.  The necklace around his neck was a constant reminder. His friend, his hyung, Kyung-soo.  As Kai aged, he went by his nickname, not wanting to give up on his childhood memories.  He would sit in his bedroom, sometimes for hours every day, and just think back, so he wouldn't forget.  Growing up in America, he aspired to have the same traits that his hyung had had: thoughtful, caring, kind, and protective. 

Kai had a very approachable look to him, which drew in many people that could become friends.  It didn't take much longer than a week for him to scare them off with his incessant speeches about Kyung-soo.  Kai didn't care that he couldn't keep friends, in fact, he preferred it that way.  The only person that he truly wanted to be with was his hyung, and that was all that he ever talked about.  He didn't blame his parents for the separation, but he did ask once why his mother refused to adopt Kyung-soo.  Living in California, the small family was very wealthy, but his mother confessed that at the time of adoption, she couldn't afford two children.  She cried and said she thought that he'd forget.  He responded firmly, "I'll never forget him."  And he didn't.  Mrs. Kim promised Kai that she'd help him in his search, so, the family moved back to Seoul. 

After six years of living in the U.S., Kai struggled in his junior year of high school.  He knew Korean language, but he preferred speaking English.  He was considered a "delinquent."  He never did his homework, he often fell asleep in class, and once, he snuck off school campus.  The reason: that morning his mother had told him about the Orphanage which she had adopted him from.  He traveled there, vivid memories coloring his frantic mind, hoping to track down his long lost hyung.  When he arrived--the building was abandoned.  He sank down to his knees and bawled for several hours before his mother drove to pick him up.  She was a teacher at the school, and she knew why he had left.  She felt the guilt consume her--she knew it was her fault that he felt that way. 

His search didn't end.  He always said that he'd search every country in the world for him.  He was determined--whether it was Korea, France, the U.S., or even Antarctica, he would someday find his best friend.  He rarely completed his homework assignments, too busy being consumed with memories.  He sometimes would just walk out of classes...his thoughts drifting off.  Eventually, his misbehaving ways got him into trouble.  Senior year, he was assigned after school detention every day--supervised by his own mother!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any mistakes!  I have the next few short chapters written, I just need to revise them. This isn't the actual story yet, so I'm not spending as much time on it as I could be. But I really want to get to the actual story, and I have another fanfic that I'm writing now too.  Thank you if you've read this far, please comment and subscribe! :)