Sehun and Tao's Backgrounds

The Healing Club

SEHUN

One year younger than everyone else in the youth group, Oh Sehun is extremely intelligent.  Getting perfect grades with ease, he skipped a grade in high school.  His family life is decent.  His days are always okay.  His school work is fine.  That is Sehun's problem, he doesn't seem to care about ANYTHING.  He doesn't seem to have any particular interests, only living from day to day and knowing facts.  He finds his passion once he enters the youth group--music.  As a young boy, he entered competitions for his singing.  When puberty hit and his voice squeaked in front of a large audience, he gave up the only thing that had ever meant anything to him.  He always asked himself: "Why don't I care?" or "What exactly is fun?"  At school, he didn't have friends...he had never cared to.  When his parents signed him up for a youth group, telling him "You need friends and hobbies," he didn't care.  He wasn't happy, nor was he angry, or sad.  He didn't have an opinion, life was just a big WHATEVER to him.  When he meets the five interesting and diverse guys in the youth group, he finally finds himself caring about something.   

 

TAO

Born and raised in China, the only thing that Huang Zitao really knew was martial arts.  He won championships, got in newspapers, even became mildly famous.  He loved the glory, and had trained himself to be quick and strong, able to defeat any opponent.  Moving to South Korea when he was 12, he dominated in every competition.  When he was beaten for the first time, breaking his arm in the process, he fell out of the glory.  He couldn't do the thing he loved.  By the time that his arm was healed, he was eager to return and restore his wounded pride.  He signed himself for a competition the day after the cast was taken off... and found himself hugely underprepared.  He was made a mockery of--told that he didn't have the intellience of a martial artist.  With an injured ego, he vowed to get rid of his laughing-stock status one day.  He had been out of competitions for a year, training to the max when his concerned parents signed him up for the youth group.  They told him they were scared that he only lived for martial arts (which he did.)  But he loved his parents, so to make them happy, he attended the youth group.  When he hears the sad stories of each of the other four members, he feels a sense of belonging.  Basically, they're a group of outcasts.  What person is better for that than someone who was outcasted from (what he thought was) the only activity that kept him happy?