Chanyeol's Background

The Healing Club

Park Chanyeol--The happy boy with the sad story.  He had been physically abused for his entire life by his father.  His mother had died at an early age, leaving him alone with the wrath of his dad.  Whenever he did something wrong--whether it was tripping, laughing, or speaking out of turn--his father would find a reason to beat him.  He never told anyone, too afraid of what would happen if he did. 

He taught himself to play guitar at age 6.  Although his father had destroyed over 10 of his guitars, Chanyeol had persisted in his musical ability.  His father had done it several times--using Chanyeol's guitars as weapons.  Chanyeol had been to the emergency room multiple times, each time with the excuse of an accident.  When he was once asked if there was anything wrong at home by a guidance counselor, he shook his head no, fear in his eyes.  He decided to just let it pass, knowing he'd eventually get away from it when he went to college.  Or...if he went to college. 

When he was 16, he finally told someone.  He had been beaten worse than he ever had before: with broken ribs, ruptured organs, and bruises covering him.  He asked his attending nurse to come closer and whispered, "Help, please, bring a police officer here.  I need to say something."  The scared woman nodded before dashing out of the room.  His father never visited him in the hospital, not wanting to raise suspicion, so he knew this was the best opportunity to do it.  The next day, he confided in the police officer.  He said it all in a long speech:

"Sir, please help me.  I'm 16 years old, and I live with a single father.  Ever since I can remember, he has abused me.  I have pictures...even VIDEOS.  They're all at my house, hidden from him.  I cant stand this pain anymore."  He weakly grabbed the officers' hand, using all of his strength. 

That police officer happened to be a man who had his own roots in an abusive family-- Park Jeong-Su (Nicknamed 'Leeteuk.')  He firmly grasped Chanyeol's hand with both of his own, knowing the courage and sacrifice of the confession.  The years of pain the boy had obviously enured.  "Son, we will do everything in our power to bring justice to you."  Chanyeol told him where the evidence was hidden, thanking the officer for his kindness and willingness to heip.  He responded with, "No need to thank me.  It's my duty as a police officer to protect the innocent." 

Obtaining a warrant was easy.  He seized the evidence and was absolutely horrified by what he found.  Videos of the young man being beaten with various objects: belts, a chair, a baseball bat.  The photos of all the resulting injuries.  He was glad yet shamed that the boy had provided all of this.  It was ample evidence to have that human scum put away for a long time.  But he could only imagine how Chanyeol felt, bravely hiding his cameras when he had the chance.  Knowing the risk--perhaps even his life--if he was ever caught in the act.

His father convicted and sent to prison for many years, Chanyeol was eventually adopted by Leetuk.  Leetuk was actually only older than him by about 10 years, but Chanyeol had stolen his heart.

Chanyeol's past pain led to some strange changes.  Able to do something wrong...he still flinched every time.  When he accidentally broke something, or said something before thinking: the ducked and covered.  Leeteuk just sadly held him as he cried each time, making sure that Chanyeol knew that his days of suffering were over. 

Chanyeol changed within a few months...becoming brighter and happier overall.  Each laugh and joke was tinged with sadness...but his schoolmates didn't know.  When Leeteuk's job transferred to another area, Chanyeol was able to start fresh at a new school.  He had a new image, but Leeteuk knew that he needed to heal his past wounds.  Desperate to help Chanyeol, who he thought of as a younger brother, he signed Chanyeol up for a youth group..one where he hopefully could share his past and move on from it.

Despite heavy protests, Chanyeol eventually agreed to go, feeling that he actually could get something out of it.  On the first day, he was suprised to see five familiar faces.  Faces he had seen previously at his school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, this is what I thought up for Chanyeol.  I have always felt like his "Happy Virus" behavior was hiding something more...and that's what I thought of when writing this.  Sorry for gramar, and anything else:)