First Day of University

The Healing Club

****WARNING:  Remember those really stupid word meanings that I came up with as a 'secret language between Kyungsoo and Kai in one of the first few chapters?  They will be used briefly in this chapter.  Just a reminder, because I am extremely stupid, here are the meanings once again. 

STUPID TURTLE-MOO-----I'M ANGRY

CRYING COW-MEOW-----I'M SAD

WRONG CAT-QUACK-----I'M SORRY

LONGING BIRD-ROAR-----I MISS YOU

SILLY BEAR-HUG-----I LOVE YOU

(Seriously I apologize for how absolutely lame these are, but theyre the best that I could think of at the time.  And hey, they thought of this as kids, so it's not like they had college level vocabulary haha)  Regardless of my stupidity, here's the next chapter haha:

 

THE YOUTH GROUP (Characters: Suho, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Xiumin, and Zitao)

"Wait up hyung!" shouted Sehun at Tao, trailing behind lugging the large cart filled with his (but mostly Tao's) belogings.  Tao stopped and waited for his generous dongsaeng.  "Okay, since youre carrying a few of my things!" he said, smiling brightly.  "More like everything that you own..." Sehun muttered, finally catching up to Zitao. 

It was the "Youth Group's" first day at Sunkyunkwan University.  ***Yes, this is a real college.  No, nothing that I write about is true to life.  I don't really know anything besides some of the history of Sunkyunkwan, I just needed a setting.  I also have no way to explain how the Detention students made it into such a prestigous university, but let's forget about that detail, shall we?***

The group of friends were on their way to their dorm room.  D.O. was riding inside of the cart that Chanyeol was pulling, equally silent as he was playful.  Chanyeol would smile happily every time he went over a bump, knowing that his friend was getting jostled around unpleasantly.  Suho and Xiumin were at the head of the group, discussing living arrangements and following the crude map to their building. 

"Gumiho Hall?" Sehun scoffed, questioning the leader's sanity.  "You got us a dorm room in GUMIHO HALL?!  Ugh...If this place is haunted by a nine tailed fox, I want a refund."  The entrance to the mid-sized building had a large arch, with an even larger stone statue out front.  What was the statue of?  A fox with nine tails of course.  Suho clapped happily looking at the statue.  "This is wonderful!  I can tell that this is going to be so fun!  And don't worry guys, if there are any ghosts, Tao's face after getting woken up will scare them away!"  The other boys laughed while Tao grumbled, but he was actually quite reassured.  He didn't want to see any ghosts.  He snuggled into Sehun's side, not letting on his fear.  He was a wushu master, and if he admitted fear, it would be a disgrace.  Sehun could tell why Tao was upset, snickering quietly. 

***By the way if you don't know much about the legend of the Gumiho, I highly encourage you to look it up.  It's pretty interesting.  But all that you need to know here is that the Gumiho was a legendary nine tailed fox ghost.  There are a lot of different versions, some saying she eats male livers, some say the whole person, and some say other various body parts.  For a cute Korean Drama, watch "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho."  It's sort of slow at first but its actually really cute, and I think it only has 16-18 episodes:D  Sorry, back to the story again***

The boys entered the building, all but ignoring the other large group of boys that they passed on the way.  They were benched out in the partial shade, probably waiting for the amount of people to die down.  (Yes, it was the Detention boys, and they looked at The Youth Group with mild curiousity.)

Each member of the group was busy with happy thoughts of what was to come.  Kyung-soo was estatic to be finally escaping the evil clutches of his "family."  Xiumin and Chanyeol also rejoiced, knowing that their friend was safe.  Sehun was excited to spend time with his friends that he held very dear.  He still wasn't yet sure what he wanted to become, but he was taking general classes until he figured it out.  Suho was eager to find another way for the group to meet in a club setting, as he was ready to become a leader again.  The others always depended on him anyway, but he wanted the actual title.  It wasn't vanity, just reassurance.  Chanyeol knew that he was going to miss Leeteuk a lot, but he was also happy to finally start "his life"  He had promised to keep in contact and visit as often as possible.  Chanyeol was surprised by the amount of tears Leeteuk shed while saying their goodbyes.  Chanyeol didn't take it quite as seriously, they still lived in the same city.  Xiumin was just plain happy to still be with his friends.  Tao was giddy to use the University's state-of-the-art gym and restart his martial arts training.

As they walked down the hall on the fourth floor, there were very few doors.  When they arrived at their room, they highly anticipated opening the door.  First, Suho handed each member a key to the room.  "Try not to lose these, it's 50,000 won for a replacement." (50,000 won is slightly less than $50 USD.)  Suho turned his key in the lock, and pushed the door open.

****This is a VERY ROUGHLY drawn floor plan of the dorm room, just giving an insight of locations.  I am not an architecture major, so this may be completely awful.  But regardless, it is what I've envisioned their room to look like.  Sorry it's crudely drawn, but again, it's just a visual to go by. :) ********

****DISCLAIMER:  I know little to nothing about college in South Korea.  So this college dorm is something that I know exists in America.  It may or may not actually exist within South Korea.  I actually am not sure if there is even on campus housing there.  I'll definitely look it up.********************

The members were shocked when they saw the room.  It looked like a home, and as they flooded in, they were amazed.  Kyung-soo's eyes immediately began to water in relief and happiness.  Xiumin hugged him tightly, and Joonmyeon placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.  The three were all feeling different emotions, ranging from proud, to relieved, to encouraging.  While they were locked in a conforting group hug, the other three members were ignoring them completely.

Sehun, Tao, and Chanyeol were eagerly exploring.  They were a herd, thundering footsteps from room to room.  "Wow, this place is nice!  All the rooms have a seperate bathroom and a walk-in closet!"  Chanyeol excitedly remarked.  Sehun was relieved, as he hadn't been sure where they were going to put all of Zitao's stuff. 

"There are three rooms with bunkbeds!  How are we going to choose who gets which?" Tao whined, wanting to know which room he would get to call his own.  Suho immediately took charge.  "Guys, let's play rock, paper, scissors to pick rooms.  Play rock, paper, scissors first with your roommate to pick who gets to go into the finals." 

Chanyeol, Tao, and Minseok stepped forward and played the game after the 1st winners had been determined.  Sehun and Tao ended up getting the first room, which had a bathroom and closet that were painted blue, as was the room.  Suho and Minseok won the second room, which had yellow walls.  D.O. and Chanyeol got the last room, which was green, and had a slightly larger bathroom than the other two.

All of the boys were satisfied with the rooms that they got.  The size and contents of the rooms themselves were identical, but each had a different charm that appealed to its' inhabitants.  They hauled their luggage off of the carts and Sehun, Suho, and Chanyeol left to go return the luggage carts. 

The dorm was a bustling mess for the first several hours, everyone scurrying from room to room putting belongings away.  "How did Tao's shirt get in with mine?" "Chanyeol why do I have your toothbrush?"  "Does anyone have my pillowcase?"  "Does anyone have extra space in their closet?"  Of course, with ample closet space, each room's closet housed some of Zitao's things, which overpacked his own closet. 

Around 8 P.M, they finished unpacking (for the most part).  They exhaustedly collapsed on the several couches in the room.  Suho, who was apparently very wealthy had brought a flatscreen and several gaming consoles for the living room, so the boys played games for the next couple hours.  They laughed as Kyung-soo tried his best at 'Cooking Mama,' as Tao nearly threw his remote in "Punch Out," and when Sehun threw a temper tantrum during 'Mario kart." 

It was 10:07 P.M. when there was a knock at the door.  Kyung-soo was the only one who had opted out of the Motorstorm race, so he answered the door with a quiet "Hello?"  The door swung open as if it was in slow motion.

 

 

THE DETENTION CREW (Characters: Kris, Kai, Baekhyun, Luhan, Lay, and Jongdae)

Benching out in front of their semi-eerie dorm building, the 'Detention Crew' was waiting for the first day traffic to decrease.  It had already been about an hour since they arrived, and they were lazily scanning the faces of the passing students.  "Any one of these boys could be my hyung!" Kai thought, overwhelmed. 

****(Yes, I have thought up an explanation for D.O. and Kai being in the same grade.  When D.O. was adopted, his parents held him back one year as punishment, and to recieve benefits for still having a child in that particular grade.  Yes, in Korea, the schooling system is different than in the U.S. but I didn't want to leave that question unanswered.  So yeah, Kyung-soo was supposed to be a year ahead, and Sehun was supposed to be a year behind.)********

Before the boys knew it, another large group of men moved past them leisurely.  "Hyung, look at them.  I wonder if they live near us?" Baekyun said, nudging Luhan with his elbow.  Kai gazed at each group member intently.  He heard the one at the front mention their room number, which was at least on the same floor as them.  He knew he'd have to stop by for a bit, maybe to ask about his hyung or if they could try hanging out.  They looked friendly enough.  Kai's face broke into a bemused grin as he saw one of the boys riding in a cart pulled by a taller group member. 

The boy reminded Jong-In of his hyung.  He had large (and innocent) Doe-like eyes, and pretty lips.  Kai had never seen anyone like him.  'Yes, I definitely have to stop and talk to them tonight,' he thought to himself as they passed.

When it got to be almost 4, the number of people had decreased significantly.  "Guys, we should probably be heading up now," said Kris, attempting to rise to his feet, falling back onto his immediately.  Luhan was unable to stand from laughing too hard.  It took the power of both Chen and Kai to haul Kris to a stand, and keep him upright.  Kris was looking around, hoping that no-one else had seen his embarassing fall.  He sighed in relief that there were very people around to witness the moment. 

Chen gave the limping Baekhyun a piggyback ride, groaning.  "Ughh why are you so heavyyyy?"  Chen sat Baek gingerly into one of the luggage carts, already exhausted.  "Well guys, onward!" Kris ordered, trying to lead the way.  He immediately stopped and fell, the brake on his cart still engaged.  Luhan and Baekhyun were so happy that they were finally able to laugh genuinely, and Kai offered to take the cart from Kris.  Grumbling and dusting himself off, Kris fell to the back of the pack.  Chen grinned devilishly, as he had been the one to put the brake back on.  He was really surprised that Yifan hadn't already accused him. 

Kai called back to Kris in English: "It's okay, you are only human!"  While others would view it as reassuring, Kris heard it as a taunt, as Kai had meant it to sound.  "Well yeah, you.  I'm a dragon!"  Kris responded huffily.  "Duizhang, what did you guys just say?" asked Lay, who was interested in English language.  "Don't worry about it..." Kai retorted, still grinning. 

The members arrived to their room, and had much the same experience as 'The Youth Group.'  The boys had the exact same layout, and the room distribution went: Chen and Baekyun in Room 1, Yifan and Jongin in Room 2, and Luhan and Lay in Room 3.  The boys were able to unpack their belongings with no major catastrophes.  Lay had agreed to medical school, so his father had funded many things for the dorm, including a flatscreen television, BluRay player, and shelves full of movies.  The boys sat watching movies and chatting for an hour or so, when Kai remembered that he was going to speak to the neighbors. 

", Kris.  Do you think the neighbors are still up?" Kai asked Kris in English, panicked.  "Of course they are!  They're college students!"  Relieved, Kai slipped from the room, quietly so as to not disturb his hyungs.  He closed the door, looking at the room directly across from his.  He heard loud shouts and curses in multiple languages.  Hesitantly, he knocked on the door.  After a few silent moments, the door opened slowly with a quiet "Hello?" 

D.O. eyed the tall stranger with fear and suspicion.  Kai could tell that he was shy, and wanted to ease him into conversation.  "Hi, I'm from the room next door, and I wanted to introduce myself.  I'm Kai."  He used his fake name when introducing himself to see if anyone remembered the nickname.  He saw no flicker of recognition in the boy's eyes.  "I'm D.O." they boy said.  Kai was very intrigued with the quiet boy, and found himself drawn to his silence.  "Well do you think..." Kai started, but was interrupted.  "Wrong Cat-Quack.  Oops, I mean, Sorry.  Let me get my hyung." D.O. muttered quickly, closing the door.  Jong-In froze.  How did that guy know his secret language?  Did he know Kyung-soo? Was he Kyung-soo?  Was it just a coincidence?  He heard fierce whispering inside, and some footsteps.

The door opened once again, revealing the leader-guy from earlier.  "Hello Kai, I'm Kim Joonmyeon.  Most people call me Suho though.  I see that you met D.O.  Sorry about him, he has some good reasons for being that shy.  Is there something I can help you with?" He said, smiling.  "Um...yeah...I was wondering if you and your friends would like to come over to our dorm tomorrow and hang out.  Get to know eachother and stuff?" Kai asked, nervous about the harmless-looking man's answer.  "Oh yes!  This will be a great opportunity for them!  What time?" Suho immediately brightened, happy about the idea. 

"I guess anytime after noon.  We are all usually up by then," Kai mentioned.  "Well okay then, we'll be over sometime after noon.  Thank you for the invitation!"  Kai nodded and backed away as the door closed yet again.  He was relieved that his mission had been successful.

But he was left with more questions.  Why had D.O. known his secret language?  How did D.O. come to know it?  Kai was determined to find answers the next day.  He returned to his dorm, where several people were dozing off.  "Guys, we are having guests over tomorrow..." He started, telling the others about his "scheme."

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

So there it is, first day of college!  I hope you guys liked this chapter. I really love it, and it's the first chapter I've written with over 2000 words!  Actually it's about 2500 words, so I'm really pleased with myself. I worked pretty hard to make this chapter good, but unlike Kris, I'm human hah . So there are probably many mistakes. But please forgive me. As always, subscribers and comments are much appreciated. If you have anything that you realllllly would like to happen in my stor, please tell me and maybe I'll write it in. Other than that, thank you for reading this and tolerating my awful grammar/spelling. I'll release this now, as it seems to be fairly decent, but I'll edit again in a few hours. Thank you! :)