The Healing Club: The Pitch

The Healing Club

*******WARNING: The following chapter includes some fluffy Taohun and fluffy Xiusoo skinship. :) You're welcome haha************

{DETENTION CREW DORM ROOM}

Kris was extremely puzzled by the grin on Kai's face, and the conversation that had just ended.  The second that Kai hung up the cellular device, Kris fired questions at him rapidly.  "What do you mean by that?"  "Have you found your hyung?"  "Why is your mother involved in this?"  He would have kept going had Kai not silenced him with an excited hand motion.  "Kris, the Kyung-soo that lives next door is MY HYUNG!"

Kris remained silent for several moments, immediately grasping what Kai had meant by "My Hyung."  Widening his eyes, he asked another question.  "How do you know for sure?"

"It's a fairly long story.  I had some suspicions after hearing his real name, not to mention the fact that he somehow knew our secret language.  But I didn't really confirm it until I saw his necklace earlier.  It was the same necklace that my hung had.  Why else would he have an 'L' on a necklace?  I'm so overwhelmed, I haven't felt this happy in a long time...but...I also haven't felt this confused either."  Kai answered. 

Kris was also confused by Kai's reaction.  "What is there to be confused about?  You can finally be reunited with your hyung after all of these years!  This is wonderful, so why would you be anything but ecstatic?"

"Duizhang...he has lost all of his childhood memories.  All of his memories of ME.  He doesn't know why he knows our language or the significance of the necklace.  I have no clue how I can approach him...he doesn't even LIKE me.  How could I get him to believe that I'm telling the truth?"

Yifan could feel the tension rolling off of Jongin in waves, but he had no idea how he would approach the issue either.  Despite being a fairly natural leader, he had no true ideas or solutions.  'But Wait!' he told himself, coming up with a brilliant reminder.  "Kai, this is an extremely difficult situation.  All that I can tell you to do is to try weaseling your way back into his life, and try to have him remember if possible.  I'm sorry I can't think of anything better for you."  Kris was saddened by Kai's perplexed look, obviously at war with himself. 

"Of course I want to get close to him again.  But he will barely even spare a glance in my direction!  He'd sooner converse with anyone else than I.  He knows that I have interest in him...and for some reason it is making him shy away from me.  He has obviously changed a lot since we were kids...so how on Earth am I going to even get an opportunity to speak with him?" Kai was frustrated with himself for blatantly showing his interest in Kyungsoo previously, as it made things much more difficult for him.  (But what could he do, he had no idea how intense and powerful that his gaze was.)

Finally, Yifan smirked, ready to bask in the praise of his dongsaeng.  "Be prepared to love me forever, because I have created a perfect opportunity for you to talk to your hyung.  Just wait until everyone else is up, and I'll explain what I mean..."

 

{THE YOUTH GROUP'S DORM}

Kyung-soo and Chan-yeol stumbled out of their room, still half asleep.  Chanyeol had stirred awake first, simultaneously disrupting the slumber of D.O.  (The two were both light sleepers, as you develp keener senses after being physically abused.)  "Hyung, you sit down on the couch, I'll attempt to make some food for everyone," Kyungsoo said, feeling closer to Chanyeol than ever.  Their talk the previous night had reinforced and strengthened their bond. 

Chanyeol nodded, and plopped down next to the sleeping JoonMyeon.  Chanyeol and D.O. exchanged amused glances before D.O. shrugged and walked to the kitchen, seriously worried if there would even be any edible items to prepare.  Luckily, there were several packets of ramen and a couple bags of rice.  'This will just have to do for now, I'll be sure to go grocery shopping with Suho-hyung later today.' He thought to himself, irritated with the empty cupboards and fridge.  Grumbling, he started to work. 

In the living room, Chanyeol was mischievously poking Suho with a game controller, seeing how many jabs that he'd be able to get away with.  As it turned out, he was able to get about 37 pokes in before Suho suddenly sat up, saying ", I fell asleep?"  Relieved that he wasn't scolded for waking his hyung, Chanyeol asked: "Um..what are you doing out here Suho-Hyung?"  "Oh...uhhh...I'll tell you about it once everyone else is out here.  What time is it?" Suho responded, yawning and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.  Also still groggy, Chanyeol scratched his head and looked at his cell phone, "It's almost 11:30, why?"

Suho was much too serious to note the comedic rough/deep quality of Chanyeol's sleep-ridden voice.  Instead of snickering, as D.O. was, he said "That late?  We should wake those sleepyheads up."  "Hyung, the food that I'm making is almost ready.  Why don't you finish it up while I go wake them all up?"  D.O. suggested, eager to leave the chore of individually dishing up all of the food.  "Okay, Soo," Suho responded, glad that he didn't have to be the sacrificial lamb to wake up the sleeping bears.  Kyungsoo treaded to Tao/Sehun's room, quietly slipping in. 

"Awwww," he cooed, looking at the adorable(ish) sleeping faces of his dongsaengs.  'BLACKMAIL,' he eagerly noted in his head before pulling out his cell phone.  (Kyungsoo was, contrary to his satanic reputation, not the type to startle others awake.  He much preferred to the subtle method of photos for a bargaining chip later.  He wasn't mean spirited in his ways, just slightly biting in his actions.  He would never do anything that would cause others actual harm, even though he had learned how to pack quite the punch from Tao and Xiumin.)  The reason that it was the perfect 'blackmail' photo?  The two had both fallen asleep on the bottom bunk, only seperated by Tao's large stuffed Panda bear.  (Fondly dubbed by the others as "Taozi Jr.") 

Giggling, Kyungsoo slowly removed the bear from in-between the two sleeping men.  He placed the bear on the floor, making it look as if it had fallen.  Sehun immediately frowned at the loss of warmth, snuggling into Tao's chest.  Tao received the embrace by winding his arms tightly around the maknae, oblivious to D.O.'s silently laughing presence. Sehun melted into his hyung's embrace,  sleepily.  Tao spoke a few soft words in Mandarin, caressing Sehun's back.  'They're just too cute!' Kyungsoo thought, snapping several more pictures before leaving the room.  They'd wake up soon enough, and D.O. was anticipating their reactions, not feeling the need to intervene.  Their private embarrassment would be torture enough. 

He showed the candid photos to both the snoozing Chanyeol and the still-at-work JoonMyeon.  They both chuckled and shook their heads, glad that D.O. was comfortable and felt safe enough around them to do things like that.  It always warmed Suho's heart to see the broken and wounded members, healing and moving past things.  He knew that there were still issues, and he was bound and determined to solve each of them. 

Kyungsoo entered Minseok/Suho's room, noticing a sleeping Xiumin on the top bunk.  Kyungsoo, before noticing what he was doing, climbed the ladder and laid next to his good friend.  They had spent many nights together, and he missed his oldest hyung's warmth.  (NOT IN A DIRTY WAY, JUST THE MANY TIMES THAT KYUNGSOO WOULD ESCAPE TO HIS HOUSE.  SORRY IF THAT RUINED OR SUNK YOUR SHIP HAHA.)  Suddenly, there were two loud shouts from another room, jostling Xiumin awake.  Out of habit, he pulled Kyungsoo close, muttering soft and comforting words.  Once he became aware of his surroundings, however, he released Kyungsoo, who still clung to him.  "Hey, Soo.  What are you doing in here?" Minseok sleepily asked, running his fingers through Kyungsoo's dark hair.  He had always liked D.O.'s hair, it was soft and inviting.  Kyungsoo and Xiumin were both always comforted by the soft touches.  "I came to wake you up for breakfast.  Well, I made what I could find anyway.  But I randomly wanted to snuggle.  Can we snuggle after breakfast, hyung?"

Minseok was never the type to deny D.O.'s requests, hugging him and nodding.  Kyungsoo didn't want to leave the comforting embrace, but he was reminded of his previous deed.  "Also, I just took these of Tao and Sehun." he showed Minseok, who just laughed at the cutesy photos.  "I think they just woke up, so let's go join the fun."  Xiumin and D.O. slowly climbed down from the top bunk, reassured by each other's presence.  Although Chanyeol was Kyungsoo's best friend, he had a special bond with Minseok.  D.O. could feel the love in Xiumin's eyes, and always tried to return the favor.  They held hands as they walked out of the room.  Kyungsoo couldn't explain why he enjoyed skinship with Xiumin so much, but it was as if with every touch, every brush of skin against skin, he could feel both of their old wounds being healed. 

The members were sitting at the table in the kitchen, already dining on their gourmet meals.  Sehun and Tao were, as expected, seated at opposite ends of the table, awkwardly avoiding each other's eyes.  Whereas the snuggly Kyungsoo wasn't ashamed to sleep next to his friends, the manly Tao and Sehun were embarrassed to have it happen.  (Honestly, it's because at heart they were cuddle monsters.  They would rather die than admit to that.)  Kyunsoo and Minseok sat side by side, exchanging glances with Suho and Chanyeol.  Everyone knew better than to bring up the photos, and that it was best to keep their knowledge a secret.  Although Xiumin could easily protect Kyungsoo from their wrath, none of them wanted to take that chance.  (At least not that early in the day.) 

"Well, guys, I know it's not much coming from me.  But it is all that I could find to eat." Kyungsoo owned up, sheepishly.  "Suho-hyung, can we go grocery shopping later?"  "Sure," the elder said, "Everyone make a list of things that they'd like from the supermarket please.  I'll buy."  Everyone grunted appreciatively amidst their food shoveling.  As the eating finished and the conversation increased, there were several praises for the other group of boys.  Chanyeol and Sehun washed the dishes as they spoke.  "Those guys from yesterday seemed pretty cool.  I wonder if we can hang out with them again today..." Zitao said, curious.  "Actually," Suho started, "I find that highly likely.  As long as we all agree..."  "All agree to what?" Sehun pragmatically asked.  "Well..."

 

{DETENTION CREW DORM ROOM}

"So, I was thinking about us starting a club with the guys next door.  We all seemed to like each other, and I've gotten a sweet deal.  We can form a 'Music Club,' where we can basically do whatever as long as we prepare one song for a performance every month.  They don't have to be originals, they can be covers.  I knew that you all liked music, so I asked Suho from next door if he'd be interested.  He said that he would.  We will get our own club room, funding for supplies, and even a reduced tuition rate.  Plus, there are Very Good reasons as to why this is a great idea." Kris said, winking at Kai.  They had decided not to tell the others that Kai had found his hyung.  They would eventually, but certain members *cough* Baekhyun and Chen *cough* tended to have loose lips.  "I AGREE," Kai stood, raising his hand, reminding himself to thank Kris later.  Next was Yixing (surprisingly), and then Luhan, Chen, and Baekhyun.  "Okay, then it's settled.  First, we all need to sign this paper.  Then, we just have to wait for a response..." Kris said, sending a text message to JoonMyeon: 'I've got the okay.'

 

{THE YOUTH GROUP DORM ROOM)

"So, you're telling me that you want us to join some club for a quote unquote bonding experience?" Sehun scoffed, obviously dissatisfied with the idea.  "Whatever though, it's not as if I really care."

"Umm...." was all that Kyungsoo said, uncomfortable.

"I don't know about this..." Minseok said, worried about his friends.  D.O. was currently sitting in his lap, head snuggled in the crook of Xiumin's neck.  The last thing that he wanted was for his Kyungsoo to be hurt.

"Sure, I guess.  As long as they aren't bossy or jerks." Tao said, resigned to the idea. 

Chanyeol was also worried about Kyungsoo, not wanting him subjected to the strong gaze of that Kai-guy. 

Xiumin, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol were eventually persuaded into agreeing.  Suho had offered them all a very nice gift for their compliance.  (For Chanyeol, it was a fully loaded gift card to his favorite hat store.  For D.O., it was a promise of fully loaded cupboards, new cooking supplies, and a large say in group activities.  For Minseok, he was happy as long as Kyungsoo was happy.)

Suho sent a confirmation text to Yifan: "I've finally gotten them all to agree, but it wasn't easy.  You guys can come on over, we aren't showered or anything either." 

The six boys looked at each other, curious yet fearful of what was to come.  Xiumin tightened his arms around D.O., not intending to let him go.  Suho gleefully stood by the door, waiting for the knock.  Tao yawned, snuggling Taozi Jr.  Sehun sat with a bored look on his face, while Chanyeol's mind was racing.  He didn't want to reveal to Kyungsoo that he HATED the idea.  He knew that the group would be best, but was still terrified at the thought of his beloved Kyungsoo leaving him behind.  He settled beside the still snuggling Minseok and D.O., tightly grabbing Kyungsoo's unoccupied right hand.  All that Chanyeol felt was fear, yet the eager smile on his face didn't show the truth.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So, yeah.  I REALLLLY liked writing this chapter.  I have never shipped Taohun or Xiusoo, but I absolutely loved writing it.  I feel like it adds a lot, and makes me smile as I write it.  I sat and wrote this in 3 hours, from 2 A.M to 5 A.M.  So, I'm realllly sorry about any grammar/spelling issues.  I will write the next chapter ASAP.  I totally could've written this chapter in 500 words, but I thought, 'Why not add tons of fluff and make it 2000?'  So I did haha.  If you loved or hated this, please let me know by commenting, subscribing, and upvoting.  I love comments, they make me feel really happy, as if someone is actually enjoying my story.  Thank you so much if you have read this far.  I don't know how long this will end up being.  It probably will be under 40 chapters, because this is only my second fanfiction, and I don't like drawing out the drama/angst very much. 

SLIGHT RANT AHEAD (pay no mind to my stupidity haha): By the way, one thing that I absolutely hate is when authors on here make things "Subcribers Only."  It's been eating on me since I joined.  I understand why people do it, and it would probably be a good way to get more subscribers.  But I usually find myself skipping any stories marked subscribers only.  If I click on it interested, subscribe, but then read and hate it, I'd rather leave in silence than have to shamefully unsubscribe.  It makes me feel bad, like hey I'm sorry I don't like your story, so I don't want to subscribe.  Ugh.  Please, STAHP.  Or at least give a full chapter before making it Subbies only, because I want to see your writing before making that commitment.  I usually do my upvoting/commenting/subscribing after finishing a story, so doing it at the beginning just isn't my forte.  I completely understand anybody who does it to gain subscribers...just saying I probably wont give it much of a chance.  SORRY FOR THAT, but I've had that on my mind for awhile.  And, seeing as its almost 5:30 A.M. I'm pretty tired.  Glad to have finished this chapter though, I couldn't have gone to bed without finishing it first.  Thanks for reading, and I'll update soon.  I promise. :D *flies away*