And Then: They Met

The Healing Club

FIRST MEETING (Characters {In order of age youngest to oldest} Sehun, Kai, Tao, D.O., Chanyeol, Chen, Baekhyun, Lay, Suho, Kris, Luhan, and Xiumin.)

It was 1 P.M. and the boys from the youth group were almost ready to leave.  "Hyung, will you please brush my hair?"  "Does this outfit look good?"  "There's nothing stuck in my teeth, is there?"  "Do we have to go?"  Almost frantic, the 6 were erratically moving from room to room.  They were all nervous to be meeting their neighbors, especially the shy Kyungsoo.  He remembered the intense gaze that the tanned neighbor had eyed him with, and he wasn't looking forward to feeling it again. 

At the same time, the room next door was bustling as well.  No-one was ready yet, having gotten a late start.  Jong-In was glad that the others hadn't arrived yet, he still looked dishieveled.  At about 1:30, there was a knock on the door.  Carefully placing a (hopefully) friendly and welcoming smile on his face, Kris responded to the knocking.  There were 6 men standing outside, looking about as nervous as Kris felt.  He bowed and said "Hello and welcome, please come in."  He ushered the six into a line, straight across from his roommates.  Starting with Yifan and going down the line, the Detention Crew introduced themselves. 

"Nice to meet you.  I'm Wu Yifan, but please call me Kris.  I grew up speaking English so I am much more comfortable with that name."  The six bowed slightly to their new aquaintance. 

"Hi!  I'm Luhan!"  The boys gawked at the beautiful boy, surprised at how adorable he looked. 

"Hello.  I'm Kai, I've already met two of you.  My real name is Kim JongIn but don't ever call me that.  I have my reasons."  D.O. again felt a strange vibe from the one named Kai, almost as if he had met him before.  'That's because you have.  Yesterday, you dumb ,' D.O. thought to himself, wishing that he could smack himself.  The other members looked at Kai in curiosity, eyebrows raised at his bold introduction.  'My time will come.  I'll find out more information about him soon.' Kai urged himself, wanting to just ask then, but knowing that he would be thought of as strange if he did.

The next one was silent, as he seemed too busy looking at Suho.  The boy next to him nudged him, and he jumped.  "Oh!  Sorry, my name is Zhang Yixing.  These fellas just call me Lay though.  It's a funny story, you'll have to hear it sometime."  Suho was fascinated by the seemingly dazed boy, curious about the "story."

"Hiiiii I'm Baekhyun," said the next one.  The boy on his other side elbowed him hard.  "Okay fine, I'm actually Kim Jongdae, but just call me Chen.  Ow!" he said, laughing.  Xiumin instantly felt threatened by the one named Chen.  He was a natural protector, and could tell that Kim Jongdae was a bully.  He wouldn't be having any of his friends messed with, and he planned on telling the perpetually smiling one later.  He fiercly looked Jongdae in the eyes, trying to send a warning message.  "I'll have to steer clear of him!" thought both Kyung-soo and Tao.

"Hi, I'm the real Byun Baekhyun!"  the last one said with a gwiyomi smile and "V-Sign."  Chanyeol looked at the sassy-looking boy, intrigued.  He felt a strong urge to mess with him, and was already forming schemes in his mind. 

Next, the Youth Group prepared to start their introductions.  "It's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm Kim Joonmyeon, I'm usually referred to as Suho though.  I'm the leader of all these maniacs." He said with a laugh.  Yixing gazed at Suho, lazily looking him over repeatedly. 

"Hi-Hi!" said the boy with dark shadows under his eyes.  "I'm Huang Zitao!" spoken in broken Korean.  Kris had never seen a human being that was so cute in his entire life.  Well, the boy's face shouted "HWAITING," while his voice sounded stuffy and adorable, contrary to his looks.  But Kris was enchanted, and the boy was just his style. 

The tall and broad shouldered one went next.  He looked extremely bored, but his face animated slightly as he spoke.  "Hi, I'm the maknae, Oh Sehun."  'MAKNAE?!' Luhan was extremely surprised.  Luhan looked the youngest in his group, but he was the oldest.  It was strange how the opposite seemed to apply to Oh Sehun. 

"YO, I'm the happy virus, Chanyeol!" brighly smiling, the tallest member spoke.  Baekhyun glared at the happy man, envious of his stature.  Chanyeol didn't know what was wrong with Baekhyun, but he just continued smiling, as he always tried to do.

It was D.O.'s turn next, Kai noted.  As D.O. stuttered, Chanyeol threw an arm around his shoulder, introducing D.O. instead.  "This here is our precious Do Kyungsoo, but we call him D.O.  Thanks to me!! He's really shy at first, but he'll warm up to you with time."  Kyung-soo looked up at Chanyeol gratefully.  Chanyeol had stepped in because he didn't like the stare that Kai was looking at his precious Kyungie with.  He responded to his shorter hyung with a smile. 

"Last but not least, I'm Kim Minseok, A.K.A. Xiumin, the oldest of the group.  Mess with them, you are gonna have to deal with ME."  He pointedly looked at Chen.  "So what, you look like you couldn't hurt a fly!" Chen laughed.  Xiumin raised an eyebrow, flexing his bicep.  Jongdae gulped seeing the strength of the baozi faced hyung.

They all stood awkwardly after, trying to find something to talk about or something to do.   "Well, now that introductions are done, let's play truth or dare so we can get to know eachother better!"  Suho reccomended.  Upon recieving a nod from Kris, the 12 sat in a circle with a bottle in-between them.   

*********************************************BELOW IS THE POSITION IN THE CIRCLE OF EACH MEMBER****************************************************

KRIS

TAO                    KAI

              D.O.                                            BAEKHYUN

 CHANYEOL                                                             LUHAN

XIUMIN                                             CHEN

SEHUN                       LAY

SUHO

(Yes they're actually sitting in a big circle but this is the best visual representation that I can do haha sorry.)

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Okay so the rules are, we'll play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to spin the bottle first.  Whoever the bottle lands on will get a truth or dare question from the spinner.  After, they spin the bottle, and so on until everyone has spun at least twice.  No passes or there will be a punishment determined by the others.  Ready?" Suho already had instructions, as they battled it out in rock, paper, scissors.  The first winner was LAY, who spun the bottle and it landed on KAI.   Kai chose dare and Lay dared him to pick truth, so he was asked the question: "Is it true that you were adopted by Mrs. Kim?"  "Ugh, Yixing, you already know that's the truth, what the heck?"  "Sorry, haha, I couldn't think of anything else."

KAI just sighed and spun the bottle, it landed on CHANYEOL.  Chanyeol picked dare and Kai grumbled, wishing he would've picked truth.  "Um...I dare you to................I dont know......sit in your best friend's lap for 10 minutes."  A look of horror swept onto Kyung-soo's face while the others in the group laughed.  Chanyeol stood up, his tall frame towering, and sat on D.O.'s lap.  "Sorry D.O.-yah, I was dared to do it," Chanyeol looked geninely worried, looking Kyung-soo in the eyes.  Some sort of message passed between the two before Kyung-soo shook his head, tousling the giant's hair and smiling slightly.  Instantly, Kai was jealous of their obviously close bond, and wished he wouldn't've chosen that dare. 

Chanyeol spun his turn and it landed on D.O., whom he was still crushing.  "Truth or dare, D.O.-yah?" Chanyeol asked, full of aegyo.  "Truth?" It sounded like a question in itself, but Chanyeol smiled secretly, ready to mark HIS territory.  "Is it true that you hate me?" he asked, seemingly upset.  "Ugh, Channie, you know that is far from the truth!"  D.O. yelled at him, "you don't seriously think that, do you?"  (Chanyeol didn't but he played along.)  "Well, hyung, you dont seem to like me anymore..."  For good measure, Chanyeol forced his eyes to start watering. To say in the least, everyone in the room was shocked and didn't know how to react.  Kyung-soo was silent for a moment before he pulled Chanyeol into a tight hug.  "Chan, do you know that you were my first friend EVER?  The first one who helped me when I cried and was there for me through thick and thin?  One of the only people in this world that I know I can trust?  Well trust me when I say, I dont hate you.  I'm sorry if I've been neglecting you, but as your hyung, I love you!"  D.O. was extremely embarassed by his speech.  "And guys, I love you too!" Kyungsoo continued despite his red cheeks, the tears spilling from his large eyes. 

Kai was focused on staring at D.O.'s neck, because, dangling from a chain, was the letter "L."  And then, he knew that Do Kyungsoo was HIS Kyungsoo.  Kai's eyes began to water as well, as D.O. suddenly ran from the room into the nearest bedroom, which happened to be Kris and Kai's.

Kyung-soo sat on the floor with his head in his hands, wondering where he had went wrong.  He felt terrible for not showing how much he cared, and wished there was a way for him to let his friends know.   

"Chanyeol, why would you say that to him?  You know he is still very sensitive about it!" Suho chided Chanyeol, apologizing to the other group.  "Suho-hyung, I just wanted to hear him say that, I didn't think he'd cry.  Don't worry, I'll go cheer him up." Chanyeol darted from the room. Kai, at that point bawling, chased after Chanyeol to the door of his room.  Kai wanted to know why his hyung hadn't recognized him, his own necklace had always been on display.  He listened to the conversation happening within.  (The other boys saw but ignored it, happily carrying on with the game.)

"Soo...I'm sorry for putting attention on you like that."

"Chan, you guys do know I care about you right?  Your guys are the only thing that I DO care about.  All I've known in this life besides you guys is abuse.  I'll maybe never recover my childhood memories.  But even if I did, it would be more painful.  I love you guys more than anything.  Why would you ever doubt that?"

'So Kyung-soo lost his childhood memories (forgot Kai)?  How?'  Kai wanted to know, but he soon heard the weeping of Chanyeol as well. 

"I'm sorry Soo-ah, I just saw that guy Kai and I wanted him to know that you were MY friend.  That's all!"

"Jong-In? But what does he have to do with anything?" (Kai grimaced at D.O.'s use of his real name.)

"Kyungie, I saw him looking at you.  I didn't want him to take you away from me!"

"Chanyeol!  I just met him yesterday.  Yeah, I know I told you that he seems familiar to me but it's probably just deja vu or something.  To my knowledge, I've never met him before.  We have too much between us for me to just forget you.  We're roommates.  We're brothers.  I'm not gonna ditch you for someone else I meet.  You are here in my life to stay, even if I do make other friends.  Which I probably wont with Jong-In anyway, because he is always glaring at me as if I'm evil."

Kai could tell the two were hugging, as his heart was ripped to shreds.  'D.O. was mine first!' he wanted to shout, but Kyung-soo didn't even remember him.  On top of that, Kyung-soo thought that they might never become friends.  How would he ever weasel his way back into Kyung-soo's life?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow, I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update.  I ended up being realllllly busy!  And when I wasn't I always seemed to have writer's block...the first time I've ever experienced it.  Not only have I neglected this story, but I feel like this chapter is lacking.  I'm sorry to dissapoint if anyone is, but I really did try.  And hey, 2000+ words again! :D  I probably won't be able to update tomorrow, but I'll do my best to update ASAP.  I'm going to start on the next chapter now, that way I have a head start:)

By the way, I've seen this everywhere so I thought I'd say it too.  Please do not plagairize, I have worked pretty hard to write this.  And if this bears any resemblance to other stories, it is purely coincidental, because I try to be aware and cautious of my writing.  Plus, I'd like to think that I had a fairly unique writing style anyway.  Next chapter will probably have the formation of "The Healing Club," so please look forward to it!! (Despite my awful spelling and grammar at times.)

For editing purposes, I usually read each chapter out loud to catch errors.  If you spot anything else, please notify me.  Thanks!  Subscribe and PLEASE comment I absolutely love all feedback, NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE:)

Sorry this was so long, but I have a lot of thoughts.  So I'm going to write below as a finish, which couples I have decided to make 'Canon.'  This could possibly change and they may not even end up in a romantic relationship, but this is my idea so far. 

HUANG ZITAO + WU YIFAN = TAORIS

KIM MINSEOK + KIM JONGDAE = XIUCHEN

DO KYUNGSOO + KIM JONGIN = KAISOO

PARK CHANYEOL + BYUN BAEKHYUN = BAEKYEOL

KIM JOONMYEON + ZHANG YIXING = SULAY

SEHUN + LUHAN = HUNHAN

Yes, these are my main ships, but I also ship: Chansoo, Xiuhan, Sudo, Sesoo, and basically every other memer with D.O. haha.  Yes, D.O. is my bias, but I love all of the other members too. Tao is my secondary bias, but I also have soft spots for Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Lay, Sehun, and Suho.  Haha so last thing, there are soooo many different way of spelling Suho's name.  KIM JunMyun/ JunMyeon/ JoonMyun/ JoonMyeon, I never know which to use, so I probably rotate usages, without knowing haha.  So sorry if I've spelled it wrongly.  Really sorry for this long AFTERWORD, I will mention that it is not required for you to read anything within the asterisks, usually its useless babbling anyway haha.  I hope you enjoyed this chapter, but if you weren't satisfied for some reason, please tell me why.  Thank you for reading up to here! :D