The Healing Club: The Beginning

The Healing Club

(I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT JEALOUS KAI ISN'T THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED.  JEALOUS KYUNGSOO IS GREAT TOO BUT I JUST FREAKING ADORE JEALOUS KAI SOOOOOO MUCH EVEN THOUGH I'M KYUNGSOO/TAO BIASED.)  I am going to start referring to The Youth Group as 'The Y Group,' and The Detention Crew as 'The D Group,' because it is just sooo dang exhausting to write OT12.  WARNING: Some mild language in his chapter

 

{THE YOUTH GROUP DORM ROOM}  Characters: Sehun, Kai, Tao, D.O, Chanyeol, Chen, Baekhyun,Lay, Suho, Kris, Luhan, Xiumin

The knock at the main door echoed throughout the dorm room.  The six boys were already assembled in the living area, anticipating the new arrivals.  Joonmyeon opened the door to greet a smug-looking Kris, who was holding a half-filled out sign-up sheet.  "AYYO WHADDUP KREASEEE?!" Chanyeol shouted in greeting, with horrible pronunciation.  Despite the flawed English, Kris was quite pleased that he had been remembered.  He responded with a "Yo, WassuUp?" and a gummy smile.

Kris swag-walked into the room, settling onto the last empty couch.  A smiling Chen and Baekhyun entered next, followed by a dazed-looking Yixing, a scared-looking Luhan, and a nervous-looking JongIn.  All of the boys ended up seated comfortably on either a couch or on the floor. 

Kris handed the sign-up sheet to Suho, who announced: "Sign this sheet guys, it certifies that you would like to become a Music Club member."  The Y Group passed the paper from person to person, Xiumin only releasing D.O. briefly before sweeping him back into his previous tight embrace.  Kyungsoo was extremely pleased that Minseok had kept his promise, despite the slightly embarrassing scene.  Kai was absolutely seething in envy, thinking 'MY hyung!  Get your slimy hands off him, or go get your OWN!'  Chanyeol spotted the look on Jong-In's face, so he raised his eyebrow, ready to start a challenge.  Chanyeol snuggled into the Xiusoo hug-fest, sticking his tongue out at Kai.  Jong-In looked as if he was ready to physically rip Kyung-soo from both Chanyeol and Minseok.  He was able to restrain himself with calming thoughts about his plan to befriend his hyung.

While the 12 boys idly chatted, Sehun glanced at the fragile-looking boy Luhan.  (Or he was pretty sure that was his name, he hadn't really cared enough at the introduction to pay attention.)  Seemingly interested, Sehun asked Luhan: "Hyung, do you like bubble tea?"  The hopeful and almost childish look on his face had Luhan cooing internally.  "Um..y..yes, I love Bubble Tea.  It's my f..favorite drink," Luhan responded hesitantly.  "YEHET!  OHORAT!  It's my favorite drink too!  You know, it's also called HunHan tea?  My name ends with 'Hun' and yours ends with 'Han,' so it works out perfectly!"  Luhan was absolutely shocked as the maknae was filled with sudden energy.  "Hyung, that is sooooo awesome.  We need to go drink some together soon!" Sehun said, with a puppy dog face.  ', how does he know already that I can't resist aegyo?' Luhan sighed and shrugged, "Sure!"  The two continued to discuss the beverage and it's history/legacy animatedly. 

Suho, Kris, and Tao were discussing Panda Bears, of all things.  "Pandas are DEFINITELY not my style.  I prefer buffalos, and the galaxy." Kris snorted, gazing skyward.  "What the hell is a buffalo? What kind of ing drugs are you on? As if I'd care about your preferences?!" Tao responded angrily, looking ready to attack Yifan.  "Peaches, language!  But did you guys know that Pandas are an Umbrella Species?  They're endangered, but a lot of people love them.  It draws attention to the cause, and raises awareness for the other endangered species!" Suho said nervously, trying to ease the tension in the conversation.  "I love pandas, but I don't give two s about any other species like Mark Ruffalos or whatever the hell he likes," Tao grumbled.  "F.Y.I. Mark Ruffalo is a movie star, .  The real best species is the Buffalo, which resemble Yaks." 'Oh great...' Suho thought, and continued trying to diffuse the bomb that was a conversation between Kris and Tao. ******************I'M SORRY BUT I FOUND THE MARK RUFFALO THING TO BE SO DANG FUNNY!!!  I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS PRONOUNCED RHYMING WITH BUFFALO BUT I'VE ALSO SEEN IT AS 'roof-ah-low' BUT I HAD TO PUT THAT IN THERE HAHAHA**************************

Lay, Kai, and Baekhyun were sitting quietly, observing the other conversations, yet unwilling to start their own.  Kris suddenly spoke up, disrupting all of the conversations.  "Crap, we need to go down to the office and submit this form.  Why don't we take an hour or so to get showered and ready?"  Suho spoke next, "Yeah that's a great idea, and after we can go somewhere to further break THE ICE." (He looked at Tao and Kris, who were glaring at each other.)

Meeting in the hallway, the twelve men set out on their adventure to the office.  Mostly in silence with a few side conversations, they were oblivious to the attention that they were attracting.  (Not only were they in a large group, but all of them were exceedingly handsome.) 

(UNIVERSITY OFFICE) Characters: OT12 and Mrs. NaRa

They arrived at the office to see a smiling Mrs. Jang.  "So, you are the lovely twelve boys who will be joining the music club?"  Suho and Kris nodded, smiling gently.  Suddenly, Kai spoke up: "Sister Na-Ra?"  "Yes, and who might you be, dearie?"  "I'm Kai.  From the orphanage."  "Kai?  Is it really you?"  The old woman grabbed Kai into a hug, tears streaming down her face.  "Jong-In, do you know Mrs. Jang?" Kris asked, asking the question that every person was wondering.  "She was one of the nuns at the Orphanage that I grew up in.  It's been what, 8 years?"  "Oh Kai, you've grown up into a fine young man!"  Kai smiled and thanked her, tears streaming down his face.  He carefully analyzed Kyung-Soo's reaction, curious to see if he had remembeed anything.  D.O. looked slightly conflicted, so Kai released Na-Ra and started to make his way over to Kyung-Soo.

Suddenly, D.O.'s eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell.  Kai was able to catch his limp body just before he hit the floor.  "Um...a few of you need to carry Kyung-soo Hyung to the nurse.  Kris, Suho, and Na-Ra, can we talk privately in another room?"  Na-Ra guided the three men into an empty, white room.  Chanyeol, Xiumin, and Chen carried Kyungsoo out of the office and made thier way to the nearby health building. 

"So, hear me out here.  Do Kyung-soo was my childhood friend who lived with me at the orphanage.  We were closer than brothers, but were adopted separately.  I have found several pieces of evidence that prove it, as Kris already knows.  Na-Ra, that boy that fainted was Kyungsoo.  I have found out, however, that he has lost his childhood memories.  That also means that he has forgotten about me.  Suho, I asked you to come because you are the 'leader' of your group and would like your permission and aide to help D.O. remember what he forgot.  I think that he fainted because he recognized Na-Ra, but he also didn't remember her."

"That was my precious little Kyung-Soo?  He was always such a wonderful older brother for you.  I'm so glad that you've found each other.  Hyo-Ri will be so happy when I tell her the news, she was never the same after you two left.  I'll help you in any way you need, dear."

"So, my D.O. came from the same Orphanage as you, JongIn?" Kai winced a bit at the name, but let Suho continue without correction.  "I'll help you...but you know...Soo's life for as long as he CAN remember was filled with sadness and abuse.  When I met him about 2 years ago, he was extremely damaged.  He might seem alright now but he is still hurt.  And if he regains his memory, that will most-likely cause him even more pain.  I hope that you know the risks.  You need to tell us the circumstances of what happened first."

"Well, Kyung-Soo and I had arrived to the orphanage on the same day, he is almost exactly a year older than me.  His birthday is..."  "WAIT!" Suho cut in, "You know his birthday?  He has never celebrated his birthday before, because his adoptive family never told him what it was."  Kai's eyes started to tear up again.  "Well, his birthday is January 14th, 1996.  I was born January 12th, 1997.  We always celebrated our birthdays together on the 13th.  We were the best of friends, and he always looked out for me.  We even have matching necklaces.  His is and 'L' for Lee, my birth surname, where mine is a 'C' for his original Choi.  I was adopted, and they had to pry me away against my will.  I don't know what happened to him after that."

"I can tell you.  It was about six months before he was adopted as well.  Bless the poor boy's soul, he barely said 10 words during that entire time after you left.  He was adopted by a nice man and horrid woman.  When he went, he just had the most blank look on his face.  Like he knew that he didn't have any hope.  It broke my heart." Mrs. Jang silently sobbed for the poor boy.

"From what I've heard, Kyungsoo lives with the original mother, but she is remarried now.  He doesn't know what happened to the original husband, or what he was like.  His step-father, as far as Kyungsoo can remember, has abused him both mentally and physically.  I met Kyungsoo junior year when we formed a supportive healing Youth Group.  Actually, it's where I met all of my friends.  Kyung-soo was so shy that he barely could speak, but I remember the first day we met.  He broke down crying about his life in front of five almost perfect strangers.  Many tears were shed that day.  But we couldn't prevent the abuse.  We tried to keep him away from home as much as possible.  Xiumin was his neighbor and always let him into his house when things got bad.  Chanyeol was also an abuse victim, but he was able to turn in evidence.  Kyung-soo never was able to because the attacks were randomized, and he made us promise not to tell.  Xiumin got in several fights with D.O.'s step-father, but the abuse never stopped.  D.O. doesn't remember or know what happened to cause him to lose his memories.  They never told him.  Kyung-soo has slowly healed, but he is experiencing his first taste of true freedom and safety.  He is a very shy and scared boy due to his past." Mrs. Jang and Kai were both bawling, feeling despaired for what D.O. had went through.  'I wish that we would've never let them adopt him!' 'Why did I get to live so happily all of this time while my poor hyung was suffering?'  Kris was sniffling, thinking about the large-eyed boy that he thought looked weak.  He never realized that in fact, that small boy was stronger than Yifan had ever been.  Suho was the only one who was able to keep his tears at bay.

"So, we need to eventually think of a plan to help him remember.  We shouldn't tell him about it, instead, let him figure everything out on his own.  That way he isn't under pressure or in disbelief.  But for now, we should start the Music Club and get the school year started.  Mrs. Jang, can we have the rules sheet?" Suho said, taking control of the crying group.  She nodded solemnly and handed him the paper that she had been holding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Music Club (Sunkyunkwan University)

Club Room: SooMan Hall, Room 365

Mentor: Jang Na Ra {#:(607)939-4588}

Requirements:

-Prepare (1) musical number monthly for school events

-Monthly club Budget of 500,000 Won

-1 Homework excuse per person/per week

-Meetings occur when you see fit, but no less than twice in one week

-No extra member admittance unless unanimous decision of all members

-All members must participate in the performance

-Club members must choose whether to extend or escape the Club membership by the end of the present school year.

OFFICIAL POSITIONS:

1.)KIM MIN SEOK: Vocals

2.)XI LU HAN: Vocals

3.)WU YI FAN: Club Vice-President and Rapper

4.)KIM JOON MYEON: Club President and Vocals

5.)ZHANG YI XING: Dance and Vocals

6.)BYUN BAEK HYUN: Vocals

7.)KIM JONG DAE: Vocals

8.)PARK CHAN YEOL: Rapper

9.)DO KYUNG SOO: Club Director and Vocals

10.)HUANG ZI TAO: Dance/Stunts and Rapper

11.)KIM JONG IN: Dance and Rapper (Some Vocals)

12.)OH SE HUN: Rapper (Some Vocals)

(Please contact your mentor with any questions/concerns.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na-Ra handed both Kris and Suho a club room key before shooing them off to check on Kyungsoo.  Thanking Na-Ra, the three boys set out to go to the Nurse's office.  "We'll be in contact soon about both our plan and the club."  They left the room to see Sehun, Luhan, Tao, Baekyun, and Lay waiting.  "Hey, can we go check on Kyung-soo now that your super-secret talk is over?" Tao asked sarcastically, while Kris gave him the evil eye. 

When the boys entered the small room, they heard Kyung-soo conscious and talking to Chen, Chanyeol, and Minseok.  "I don't know why, but I just felt Deja Vu somehow, as if I should be remembering something.  It probably has to do with my amnesia.  Sorry for worrying you guys."  "Don't worry about us, worry about yourself.  Do you know how scared we were when you suddenly passed out like that?" Chanyeol almost yelled, still panicked from the sudden collapse.  "Sorry Soo, you just woke up.  Don't worry, I'll beat up anyone that caused this."  "Seokkie, no-one caused this but me.  And guys?  You can come in now."

(NURSE'S OFFICE) Characters: OT12

'How the hell did he know that we were outside?' Kai thought, but the 8 boys filed into the small room, each looking relieved after seeing D.O. conscious.  "Don't worry guys.  But, does anyone know someone with the last name Choi?  I suddenly remembered that my necklace stands for 'Choi.'  It's okay if you don't I was just excited to finally remember something."

Suho, Kai, and Kris looked at each other and then D.O. in shock and curiosity.  "Soo-ah...did you remember anything else?" Suho demanded.  "Umm...not really.  Unless the name Lee Hyo-Ri rings a bell for any of you."

'Oh my god! He's already started remembering!' Kai was ecstatic, wishing that he could give Kyung-Soo a big hug.  But that could wait.  They had a club to start, and a plan to set into motion.  He had already waited for almost 10 years.  He knew that he would have his hyung back as soon as possible. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yay, another chapter finished.  I am warning everyone now: I am far from a medical professional.  I have no idea if it is possible to have memory loss for such a long time and regain it with triggers, but I cant exactly change that now haha.  Sorry that this took me so long to write, but it's almost 2,500 words for you!  I tried to make this chapter as good as the last, but it was sort of one of those boring fluff ones that I didn't like much but they were also sorta needed to start the story.  I'm trying to think about when Kyung-soo will remember.  I don't really figure like dragging the issue out forever, so it porbably wont be too long.  Sorry about any and all spelling/grammar errors or any other inaccuracies that I may not have caught.  Thank you for reading this far, and please upvote, subscribe, and comment.  I really love seeing comments:)

P.S. Please do not attempt calling that phone number. I literally just pressed random keys and don't want some poor person to be bothered lol.