Dreams are meant to follow

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Since I waited for so long, how about a coffee?”

 

Cheonsa and Myungsoo had just made their way out of the school, to the place where they usually say their goodbyes (which is rarely since they finish school different hours) when Myungsoo says those words. Their goodbye place is right beside a big tree where people use to secretly smoke when they get the chance.

 

His offer is tempting, it really is, her biggest wish has always been to be able to have a coffee with Myungsoo, or just sit and casually talk with him. But the Japanese test. It’s a big test. Cheonsa got into one of the best medical schools in the country and had promised herself to focus on her studies. And she would have, if it wasn't because of a certain someone. Hm, who may it be?

 

”I can’t,” Cheonsa answers with a hella lot of difficulties. How could she turn him down? Will she regret turning him down? Probably. But this test is way too important to her. 

 

Myungsoo frowns, his smile dropping. He did not expect that answer. It’s kind of bugging her how he is not used to being turned down. ”What? Why?”

 

”Konnichiwa? Dude, we’re having the same test in less than 40 hours. We should study!” Cheonsa exclaims. Myungsoo is good at Japanese. Really good. Without doubt best in class. Math and Japanese. That’s a unique unit.

 

To her surprise, Myungsoo snorts. ”It’s easy. If you were alert on the lessons it won’t be a problem.”

 

”I still don’t understand,” Cheonsa sighs. ”Listen, I have to study like crazy these last 40 hours, so let’s have our coffee after that, ok?”

 

”But I’ve waited for you for hours,” Myungsoo’s sudden aegyo attack made Cheonsa’s heart ache.

 

She puts her hand on her hips. ”Honestly, for how long did you wait?”

 

Myungsoo’s arm is suddenly put on her shoulder and they start walking. ”Where’s your house at? I’ll walk you home.”

 

”You didn’t answer my question!” Cheonsa’s brain is struggling to catch up on whatever is happening. 

 

”You didn’t answer mine either,” Myungsoo says, as composed as ever. 

 

Cheonsa is thinking of something to say, something she wants to say but is afraid to get turned down. She takes a deep breath, takes the courage as she speaks.

 

”... Do you wanna study together?”

 

~

 

”Wait, you live here?” Myungsoo asks as they’re standing at her doorstep. ”I take almost the same path to school, how come we never ran into each other?”

 

Cheonsa waits for him to answer the question himself while searching for the right key in her keychain. Which he does.

 

”Oh, right, because some of us can’t read a clock.”

 

”Hmm who may that be?” Cheonsa asks sarcastically as she unlocks the door and opens it.

 

The first thing that happens is her dog Snowy running to them. No one else seems to be home yet.

 

”Oh, did I mention that I have a --”

 

Cheonsa doesn’t even get the chance to finish her sentence as Myungsoo is squatting beside her, Snowy his face all over. 

 

”Hey there buddy,” he smiles at the dog, then at Cheonsa. That goddamn smile killing her every time. ”I didn’t know that you have a dog?”

 

”Well, I certainly do,” Cheonsa squats down next to Myungsoo, petting her own dog. ”Snowy, this is Myungsoo. Myungsoo, Snowy.”

 

”Snowy? He ain’t even white!” Myungsoo exclaims.

 

”Well, his paws are white and his chest as well. But hey, it’s because he’s a Shetland Sheepdog, they’re not white,” Cheonsa explains.

 

”Then why name him Snowy?”

 

”Because Tintin’s dog’s name is Snowy, my family hoped that his personality would resemble Tintin’s Snowy at least a bit.”

 

”What can he do?” Myungsoo asks. Or tries to. His mouth is currently clean by Snowy. Good dog. She’s not even gonna stop the dog, and Myungsoo seems to be enjoying it as well.

 

”Beg. That’s it. And eat.”

 

”So the name Snowy...?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter