Very short little while

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Why did you suddenly wanna’ meet up? Seriously, I think this is the only time ever that you took the initiative to arrange a meeting,” is the first thing Woohyun asks Myungsoo as Myungsoo arrives at their given meeting place; in this case a football ground.

 

”Because I love you and missed you?” Myungsoo tries, but neither Sungyeol or Woohyun fall for his stupid reason.

 

”Try again, is it about that girl you keep mentioning?” Sungyeol asks and spin the football on his finger. 

 

Myungsoo is taken aback by his way of saying it. ”Keep mentioning? I’ve mentioned her like twice.”

 

Sungyeol grins, passing the ball to Myungsoo who skilfully catches it. ”Yeah, that’s kind of unlike Kim Myungsoo. Sometimes I feel honoured that you even remember my name.”

 

Myungsoo manages to hit Sungyeol in the head with the ball, which he deserves. ”Not funny. I’m not that ignorant.”

 

”You are,” Woohyun continues the teasing from where Sungyeol dropped it. ”How is it going with her? Are you dating or not?”

 

Myungsoo looks genuinely surprised and confused by his question. ”Dating? We’re not dating, I don’t see her that way. She’s just my best friend, like you guys.”

 

Woohyun groans. ”Oh my god, you’re so hopeless! When you find a girl you ‘brozone’ her, you haven’t been dating for years!”

 

Myungsoo shrugs. ”Well, it’s not my thing. Are you dating right now or what?”

 

Woohyun snorts, crossing his arms. ”I wish, but that Sunggyu guy is so uptight. It’s a miracle that I managed to get here today, Myungsoo, regarding how clingy he is with me. Alright, he may be the team captain, but I am the ace like what the heck? Give me some space.”

 

When Woohyun realises that Myungsoo managed to turn the topic of the conversation away from himself and onto Woohyun, he groans once again. ”Seriously, Myungsoo, you have to date. Or I’ll find a girl for you. You can’t even imagine how many hot cheerleaders we have at my school. I have first dibs on Seolhyun though!”

 

Myungsoo laughs. ”I told you, I’m not looking for someone to date. Being single is my thing.”

 

”You should’ve just dated Haena back in Middle School man,” Sungyeol suddenly says. ”At least it’s close to Valentine’s, then you’ll get some cards and maybe finally date.”

 

”Where did you get air from?” Myungsoo questions and sighs. ”What about you, Sungyeol? How’s life going for you?”

 

Sungyeol gives out a loud ‘eyy’ and pats Myungsoo on the shoulder. ”Don’t you even try, just because Woohyun is stupid doesn’t mean that I am.” 

 

”Why did I have to be involved in that sentence?!” Woohyun picks up the football only to throw it on Sungyeol again.

 

”Stop hitting me damnit’!” 

 

And so, Myungsoo managed to get out of another problematic conversation.

 

~

 

”I have a lot of tests these last weeks before the winter break, I don’t know when we’ll be able to meet,” Cheonsa confess the next day as she and Myungsoo walks towards their classrooms.

 

”Same,” Myungsoo sighs. ”I think our lunchtimes are messed up too, when do you start after your test tomorrow?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter