Let's promise

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”M-Myungsoo...?” Cheonsa blinks and eyes him from head to toe, not believing that it’s really Kim Myungsoo in front of her. ”Is it really you, Kim Myungsoo?”

 

He smiles and points at the seat. ”Even if I’m Myungsoo; can I still sit next to you?” Cheonsa nods breathlessly as Myungsoo takes the seat next to her, their knees bumping together. He looks around. ”So far, you’re the only one I know.”

 

What did he mean with ‘know’? It’s not like they know much more about each other than the others name. Well, in Myungsoo’s case, that is. 

 

Cheonsa also looks around in the soon to be filled room. ”Really...? I thought it was a popular school.”

 

”That’s maybe the reason why there’s so few classmates,” Myungsoo says after thinking a little. Then he shrugs and meets Cheonsa’s eyes again with a light smile. ”Nice to see at least one familiar face.”

 

Luckily Cheonsa is not the type to blush, but her insides were all turned to liquid. Does he know what he does to her? Is he aware that she loved him for a long time? How can he so unknowingly play with her heart this much? She began High School, determined to not crush on anyone and just focus on her studies.

 

And now Kim Myungsoo just had to ruin all of her plans.

 

”Yeah...” Cheonsa answers when she’s back to her senses and faces the front. She’s having problems with believing this situation. When she was young and dumb and in love with Myungsoo; she had dreamed about this scenario - Myungsoo being the first one to start a conversation. But now she’s insecure. She promised Sunmi to not go around and fall in love in High School. She promised herself. 

 

At the moment she just wants to throw away a text to Sunmi, saying that Kim Myungsoo is going to attend the same school as her, but she just wants to cherish this moment. And she doesn’t want to leave a bad impression on him. 

 

The silence is killing her, though. And she’s nervous. Any second a girl funnier, prettier and more confident than her walk in and take the Myungsoo she waited so long for away from her. The seat next to his is still available. But, isn’t getting away from him what she wants?

 

Her mind is twisted and she feels bipolar. She wishes to be able to focus on her studies, and don’t crush on ‘the unachievable one’, but now she kind of wonders. Wouldn’t it be nice to get another chance, like she always wished? Can’t she be like Haena and Hyunjin - confident and easygoing?

 

A loud sigh leaves her lips without her knowledge and she buries her face into her face. Everything went so well, so why did this have to happen and make everything complicated?

 

”Are you okay?”

 

Cheonsa looks to her right and finds Myungsoo looking at her with a confused look. After being in love with him and crushing on him, he finally feels like a normal human instead of some kind of idol.

 

So Cheonsa gives of a smile. She has to change herself. The whole summer break; she had tried to get rid of bad habits and characteristics. Now it’s time to prove to herself that she did good. ”Yeah, just nervous. We’re finally growing up, you know?”

 

Myungsoo smiles back and the feeling of success rushes through her body. She made him smile. 

 

”Indeed. The Middle School years went fast.”

 

Not for her. Myungsoo made time go by slower for her, and at that time it wasn’t a positive thing. She just wanted to get rid of him and her feelings for him. Even now, time is going slower. It feels like the room is getting filled in slow motion.

 

”Indeed,” she answers and gives another smile. 

 

She was about to look away from him, but Myungsoo opens his mouth to continue talking. ”I really at making new friends, though,” he laughs awkwardly and scratch the back of his neck. ”I’m relieved that you’re here.”

 

Is he serious? In Middle School they didn’t talk with each other optionally even once; she’s just as much as a stranger to him like anybody else in this room.

 

”You had a lot of friends though?” she questions and crooks her head to the side, not really believing his words.

 

”Let me change my words; I really at approaching people. Woohyun and Sungyeol were a great boost for me. They attended two different schools, though.”

 

Cheonsa nods. To avoid any awkward silences she continues the conversation. ”I’m also bad at making new friends. I began High School and prepared to be alone, only focusing on my studies.”

 

Myungsoo laughs and leans back in his seat, hands behind his head. ”That sounds lonely to me.”

 

”It sounds lonely to me too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter