What if?

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly; Cheonsa’s life couldn’t get any better. Waking up every morning and going to school on a Monday should be a pain in the , but every morning she’s waking up with a smile, longing to go to school. She doesn’t care that she isn’t the most popular girl, she doesn’t care that she isn’t that close to anyone in her class. 

 

A smile spreads on her lips as she’s combing her hair the last minutes before getting out of the house. The person she wanted to get close to for the last years is the only one she really needed to get close to. And so she did. Even up till now - after being friends with him for months - she can’t believe that it’s the same Kim Myungsoo that she spent her school days dreaming about. 

 

”You weren’t as unachievable as I though, Kim Myungsoo,” Cheonsa grins to the mirror before tossing away the hair brush and hurrying to school.

 

Her bicycle is broken, and so it’s been for centuries. It’s all because of Cheonsa’s mom. The gear stopped working many years ago, so Cheonsa told her mom. The mom told Cheonsa’s uncle to fix it, since her mother is so proud over her little brother’s dexterity. Honestly, Cheonsa would’ve done better with some glue and gaffer tape. Of course, she didn’t tell her mother that. Nor her uncle.

 

However, since it’s broken, Cheonsa has to take the long walk to school and home everyday. Since it’s starting to get chilly, it would’ve been nice with a bike so she can get to school as soon as possible. But once again. The bicycle.

 

~

 

When Cheonsa arrives to school, she’s drenched. Out of nowhere, it had suddenly started raining. What she worries the most about is her shirt becoming transparent, since she isn’t really the type to have a heavy makeup. 

 

The makeup she uses can get washed away by a slight blow. That’s how lazy she is. Sometimes; she’s wondering what she would look like if she actually woke up an acceptable time (everyday in Middle School she turned late; resulting with Sunmi coming in late too) or if she could actually go to town and buy some good makeup. It was a trait she wanted to get rid of over the summer break but failed. 

 

While squeezing the water out of her clothes, Myungsoo appears in front of her out of nowhere. They usually meet around the lockers, but perhaps Myungsoo could smell her frustration or something.

 

”Did you swim your way over here?” he asks playfully, laughing at her gently. 

 

”It was more like I was drowning,” Cheonsa answers and equally mischievously slaps her wet hair way too close to Myungsoo’s perfect face. 

 

After these months with meeting up at the lockers, eating lunch with each other and sitting with each other in the Japanese classes, Myungsoo is more human to her than ever. Even still, sometimes she wakes up and wonder if it’s all a dream. When talking about her days with Sunmi and Saeun; it sometimes feels like she’s telling her dreams from Middle School. Even up to today once in a while she wonders what good deeds she did to deserve this beautiful reality. 

 

And becoming friends with Myungsoo made her much more confident. She’s not even near being shy anymore. Making friends isn’t hard at all, and she’s wondering how she could ever think that.

 

Of course, the friends Cheonsa makes are just in a package under the bed that Myungsoo is sitting on, always being her priory one. Sometimes she asks herself if Myungsoo is even adoring her half as much as she’s adoring him. Then that would be a lot.

 

”Do you want me to walk you to class?” Myungsoo asks when Cheonsa’s all dry. She smiles, but shakes her head.

 

”I was the one coming late, you shouldn’t get late because of me.”

 

”Good that you know,” he jokes and earns a punch on the shoulder by Cheonsa. ”Then I’ll see you in Japanese class later today!”

 

She waves him off, watching him go until he’s not in sight anymore before continuing with what she was doing before he came. One thing Cheonsa hates about Kim Myungsoo is how he’s able to form her however he wishes. He can literally make her do anything without even knowing it himself. It frustrates her, but since it’s Kim Myungsoo it’s okay.

 

~

 

”Why do you have a watch when you can’t ever get in time?” Myungsoo grabs Cheonsa’s wrist and pulls her into the classroom.

 

”I wasn’t late, you were early,” she states, but Myungsoo ignores her argument, or he just decided to not comment it.

 

They get to their seats, and that’s when Myungsoo’s charming smile pops up. It still surprises her every time she sees it. She just wishes to get a photo of it to keep it forever, if Kim Myungsoo perhaps isn’t with her forever. Of course, she wishes for the latter.

 

”Didn’t you come late in Middle School as well?” he asks. Cheonsa’s heart jumps. So he did notice her after all? After all these years of thinking that Kim Myungsoo didn’t know who she was at all, it turned out that he at least knew of her existence.

 

”Wow, you remember me from Middle School,” Cheonsa says, the sentence not coming out as sarcastic as she wishes it to be, but still.

 

He looks at her with a kind of apologetic face. ”I’m sorry, Woohyun always used to tell me that I’m living in a box of my own... He even said that his first impression of me was that I was lazy and ignorant!”

 

”Yeah, that’s a good description,” Cheonsa jokes, earning a fake punch from Myungsoo. ”It’s okay though, I wasn’t really standing out much, or talking to you much either so...”

 

”Yeah, and I’m curious why, our personalities goes perfectly well together!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter