Good luck with that, Kim Myungsoo

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheonsa can’t focus on the class. How can she, when she knows that Kim Myungsoo is waiting for her after this class. She closes her eyes, shuts out the teacher’s voice, and once again remembers this morning, the two of them comparing each others schedules in a rush to not get late to class. He had been waiting for her, knowing exactly where he should wait.

 

”Alright, my class ends sooner than yours so I’ll wait for you,” he had said.

 

‘He’ll wait for me,’ Cheonsa thinks and sighs dreamingly. He had waited for her this morning and he’ll wait for her again. 

 

She looks out of the window, sad about not being seated by it as she always had in Middle School. Close enough, though. The row on her left side is the window row. She can see the football ground, students playing football despite the chilly weather. Once again, she closes her eyes, dreaming herself out of this room and to the company of Myungsoo. In Middle School, she felt herself at ease with just him in the classroom. She can’t even imagine actually being with him and she’s sure she won’t ever.

 

~

 

Class ends and she hurries to pick up her stuff and put it in her bag, getting her lunch and then move out of the room. She doesn’t want to keep Myungsoo waiting more than he already has. Just as Cheonsa was beginning to worry if Myungsoo really waited, she hears her classmates whispering.

 

”Omo, isn’t the guys outside like, really good looking?!”

 

”You’re right. I didn’t know such handsome boys went to our school.”

 

Cheonsa’s heart beats a little faster, and then she sees him. In Middle School she has been like these girls; just whispering and looking. She’s used to girls like these. She sees him, his hair swept to the side. As good looking as ever. Even in this situation, her Middle School self starts to take the lead. But just at the right second, Myungsoo notices her and waves with a smile.

 

All of the looks from her classmates are on her. At first, she becomes insecure, but then she builds up herself. No. This is one of the traits she wanted to get rid of, that she killed during the summer. So instead of insecure, she confidently smiles back and pushes herself through.

 

”You made it,” Cheonsa says to him.

 

”Yeah, we promised, didn’t we,” he shows up his pinky finger.

 

Cheonsa smiles, showing up her own pinky, and them they begin walking. ”Where should we eat? I guess the roof is becoming a popular place to eat as I saw some kids go there.” She looks up at Myungsoo, who is smiling knowingly. She smiles as well. ”Or... Do you perhaps have any other ideas?”

 

”Just follow me,” he answers with his eyes on his way before him. His eyes are so pretty and Cheonsa hates how perfect he really is. His eyes look like the eyes that you only find in animes and mangas. ”Yesterday when I inspected the school, I found a perfect place for you and me.”

 

Is he knowingly flirting with her, or is it just his personality? She doesn’t know and it bothers her. She doesn’t want to get the wrong signals from him, getting her hopes up for nothing.

 

They finally stop after going up two stairs and going in random hallways. It’s in front of some kind of balcony.

 

”I noticed that this door was open,” he smirks and pulls down the handle. As he said, the door goes up. ”These things were all locked on the other floors, strange how it’s open just on this one.”

 

 

”Is it Myungsoo style to sneak around like a shadow?” Cheonsa says, impressed how she’s suddenly so capable of saying whatever she wants to Myungsoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter