Total disaster

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And as Cheonsa had predicted; Myungsoo and Cheonsa didn’t contact each other at all after the speech-day. The speech-day, on the other hand, was great for the two of them. Both had plans with their other friends (aka Sungyeol and Woohyun for Myungsoo and Sunmi and Saeun on Cheonsa’s side), but even so they had some time to be with each other. 

 

They were on their usual balcony, leaning over the railing just enough to not get caught by a teacher. Before they all had gathered in the same assembly hall as the first day of school, Myungsoo and Cheonsa had met at their usual meeting spot before going together to the hall where the whole school was waiting for the principal to hold her speech.

 

Sadly, the same seats as Myungsoo and Cheonsa had had the first day of school were occupied, since they’re barely on time. Myungsoo patted Cheonsa’s shoulder to get her attention before he ran off to some seats on the far back. He sat down, and Cheonsa was about to sit next to him when she suddenly remembered.

 

”Excuse me,” she said, making her voice a little deeper. ”Is the seat next to you occupied?”

 

Myungsoo snickered before widening his eyes, making his voice way too high pitched. ”C-Cheonsa...?”

 

Cheonsa had laughed before she sat down next to him, slapped his shoulder. ”Hey, I’m not that high pitched!”

 

”And my voice is not that deep, seriously, you sounded like a cave man or something,” Myungsoo had stated before leaning back in his seat, waiting for the principal to begin her long speech.

 

Then they were on their balcony. Myungsoo catching some snow on his palm and studied how they disappeared once they met his skin. Cheonsa had watched, too. As if it was the most interesting thing she had ever seen. 

 

”I prepared some hot chocolate,” Cheonsa had confessed.

 

Myungsoo had drawn his attention towards her, the snowflakes in his hair, making him look so fantastic. His skin was lighter and his hair almost curly. His eyelashes dark and some snowflakes had managed to make their way onto them. Kim Myungsoo; why, no, how can you be so perfect?

 

”Did you?” he had asked.

 

”Yeah, hope you’re not into coffee because I can’t stand that,” Cheonsa had tried to make a disgusted face and it had resulted with a smile breaking out on Myungsoo’s face. A smile that almost made Cheonsa pass out.

 

”After all these years with Sungyeol obsessing over coffee, I’m kinda used to it,” Myungsoo had told her.

 

”Yeah, no, Sunmi is obsessed with coffee as well. But as I always say to her; you are what you drink. I will be sweet as chocolate while she’ll be... Bitter.”

 

Myungsoo had laughed. So much that small, puffy, clouds had formed in the cold air with every breath. In that cold weather, Cheonsa had almost melted. 

 

”I’ll tell Sungyeol that from you,” Myungsoo patted away some snowflakes from Cheonsa’s hair.

 

Cheonsa begged herself to not blush. To prevent that, she spoke. ”So, what do you say? Wanna get as sweet as me and try my hot chocolate?”

 

After they had enjoyed their drinks, it was time for the two of them to go separate ways. As much as Cheonsa hated it, she knew her friends were her priority one. Chicks before .

 

”So...” Myungsoo said as they got to the big tree outside of the school. Their goodbye place. The place where they separated those times they got to say their goodbyes. Why did Cheonsa almost feel like crying?

 

”So...” Cheonsa had repeated. ”I guess this is goodbye, huh?”

 

Out of nowhere, Myungsoo had pulled her into a hug. ”Why say it like that?” he had placed his chin on top her head. ”It’s not like we’ll not meet during the break, right? We’ll keep in touch.”

 

Their second hug. Why do they always hug when they’re saying goodbye, Cheonsa had thought. But she hadn’t given it a second thought. She had placed her arms around Kim Myungsoo, hugged him back, pulled him close to breath in that special scent of his. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter