They're meant to break

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheonsa was so unmotivated to go to school the next morning. Outside of the only window in her room, she could see the snow falling from the skies. Not only the weather made her resistant to getting out of bed; it felt like her alarm had rung just the same minute as she finally fell asleep. If she struggled to fall asleep because of the cold weather or her fight with Kim Myungsoo she didn’t know, but at the moment she wanted to face neither. Could she fake that she got sick overnight? Or tell her mother that she wasn’t feeling well? Could she possibly avoid going to school, avoid seeing Myungsoo?

 

No, she couldn’t. She couldn’t fake being sick, but not only because she’s horrible at lying. She didn’t try. Because during all these years, her attraction to Myungsoo constantly made her long to look at him, to be close to him. Only being in the same room as him, knowing his name, had made Cheonsa overwhelmed in Middle School. When did she become so greedy?

 

”He hates me,” she tells herself as soon as she starts her walk to school. ”He hates me, he won’t wait for me. He won’t eat lunch with me. He won’t ever see me again.”

 

She takes out her anger at an innocent stone lying on the road in the middle of all the snow. She’s angry with himself. At least he didn’t hate her before. Maybe this was her opportunity to finally begin her life, as an independent Lee Cheonsa. That was her plan at first, getting in High School and kicking out Kim Myungsoo out of her life.

 

As Cheonsa is walking, she doesn’t notice the character standing in the middle of her way. She walks right into him. She gets a little irritated, since they’re living in a country where you’re supposed to keep to the right. 

 

”Sorry,” she mutters, is about to step to the side and continue her walk, but the person she walked in to clear’s his throat.

 

”Lee Cheonsa?”

 

Cheonsa stops in her steps. That voice. The voice she’s so familiar with. The voice that laughed at her jokes every lunch they had together, that blamed her for coming late and the voice she can distinguish even if every single person in the world was talking at the same time.

 

Slowly, Cheonsa looks up, meets the pair of dark eyes that could turn her insides inside out. ”Kim M-Myungsoo? Is that really you?”

 

He smiles, flashing the usual dimple, before nodding. As he does; snow falls out of his hair. For how long has he been waiting? She has so many questions, but Myungsoo goes on speaking. ”Even if I’m Kim Myungsoo, can I walk you to school?”

 

She nods, speechless. As soon as he gets his confirmation, they start walking. ”So... I wanted to apologise,” he speaks slowly, looking at the road in front of them and sighing deeply. ”I should’ve contacted you. You’re my only friend in High School but I... didn’t treat you really well, did I?”

 

Cheonsa suddenly feels bad. She knows that she was in the wrong as well, they both were. She opens to speak but once again Myungsoo is quicker.

 

”The truth is, I’m new to these kind of stuff. In Middle School, Sungyeol and Woohyun were there for me and helped me with social stuff, without them I have to take own initiatives which I never have before. I’m kinda’ spoiled, you see.”

 

Myungsoo laughs at the last thing he said, but Cheonsa can’t really laugh. She feels bad. She was ignorant. Myungsoo has been just as clueless as her and she expected too much out of him.

 

”We both ,” is the conclusion that comes out of Cheonsa’s lips, without her awareness. She just thought out loud; didn’t really mean it to be heard by others than her.

 

She glances up at Myungsoo, afraid to see his reaction after she said something like that after he pouring out her heart. To her surprise, he smiles. Wholeheartedly. ”Yeah... I guess that’s why we bare with each other, right?”

 

~

 

During her next lessons before lunch, she can only think about what Myungsoo said. Is she his only friend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter