I'm over you

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last school year in Middle School is coming to an end. It’s only a few months left in this school, this class and with these teachers. It feels good, for Cheonsa it feels like this is the prequel of her life and she just wants to hurry up with it.

 

She’s 15 years old now and decided to go to one of Korea’s High School for soon-to-be surgeons. She’s well aware that it’s a lot of work, but she’s also well prepared. The sky today is blue and the snow is almost fully gone. Perfect timing for Valentine’s day. 

 

And what about Myungsoo, you may wonder. In her second year she had promised herself to give up on him and just have a crush. It worked well. This year she barely noticed him, she was so into her studies to get enough grades to start her dream school. Now, she is going to stop liking him at all. Just today, here on Valentine’s day. 

 

Since it’s Valentine’s day, many girls confess their love to the boy they like by giving them a cute letter. Cheonsa is going to do something along the same lines. With the letter in her back pocket, she stalks towards Myungsoo’s desk; already filled with roses, chocolate and letters. Quickly she’s making sure that no one is in the room before she drops the simple letter with the name ’Myungsoo’ written on it on the desk, then hurries out of the classroom. 

 

As soon as she’s out Saeun’s arm attack her shoulders. ”Did you confess?”

 

”No! God, I’ve been over him for more than a year,” Cheonsa mutters and shake her friends arm off her shoulder.

 

”Good, I’m not the one who confesses, I get confessions,” she winks and then they go together to greet Sunmi. ”It’s good that you gave up on him, by the way. You’ll never see him again when this school year ends anyways.

 

”Exactly.”

 

Cheonsa is satisfied with herself and what’s written in the letter. It was short, but clear. ‘Dear Myungsoo. I liked you, I loved you and I crushed on you. But now I won’t do any of that anymore. Let’s not meet each other again, so I can forget you.  -1004’.

 

Myungsoo is not so surprised by the huge amount of cards he got. It’s like this every year. Though, the previous two years did not have a card by Cheonsa. Her pride is too big to confess her feelings in such a childish way. He seems happy though, and place all the cards and chocolates in his bag. From now on, Cheonsa is not even going to bother thinking about him. She’s going to work hard these last months and do good on the finals. She doesn’t need something stupid such as love to distract her.

 

”I’m going to beat you next year, Myung,” Woohyun sighs after the school day is over and the three of them  gathered in Myungsoo’s room. The gifts are all in three piles in Myungsoo’s bed, comparing. Of course Myungsoo’s pile is the biggest.

 

”I don’t think High School girls confess their love like this,” he smiles and eat some of the chocolate that the girls gave.

 

”,” Woohyun mumbles with his mouth also full of chocolate. He then checks the letters. ”There’s hella many girls though. ... Wait, I didn’t get one from Haena, did you?”

 

Smirking Myungsoo lifts the letter in between his middle finger and index finger. ”Of course I got.”

 

”Aw man! How about you Sungyeol?”

 

”Nope but I got many letters from the first and second year. Look how cute they are, ‘you’re the only one for me oppa’.” He hugs the letter.

 

”But Myung,” Woohyun ignores the fangirling Sungyeol. ”Aren’t you going to accept anyone? I’ve had like twenty girlfriends when you’ve had like a half?”

 

Myungsoo shrugs. ”I had to study hard until now, but maybe I can date in High School? I think I have to work harder in High School though...”

 

”You could’ve dated in Middle School too! C’mon, Haena is a keeper; I swear she’ll get scouted in the future. I dated and I am graduating with good grades!”

 

”Good grades whatever...” Sungyeol almost whispers and receives a smack in the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter