Better than the best

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Say it, please~” Cheonsa begs as Myungsoo is once again located in her house. They’re sitting in the kitchen, on each side of the kitchen table. His appearance has the same reason as yesterday. To study for the Japanese test, who’s happening in less than 16 hours. 

 

Yesterday, their studying went well and Cheonsa felt like Myungsoo left her house while leaving a whole lot of knowledge there. Other than that, he left no traces. When he had left, she felt like it was all a dream. One of those days dreams from Middle School.

 

”I’ve already said it a million times,” Myungsoo sighs, but is obviously enjoying the attention and praise.

 

The two of them are reading one of the reading exercises that the teacher told them would be helpful for tomorrow’s test. In the text, a female and a male are eating at a restaurant, but something went wrong with their reservation. It’s not a seductive text or something like that, but just the way Myungsoo is speaking when he’s speaking Japanese is enough to make Cheonsa drop her pride and literally beg him to say something more. He could be native, that’s how good he is.

 

”Just once more, please,” Cheonsa tries again.

 

At the moment, Cheonsa felt like she would study better without Myungsoo because she’s getting so distracted by him. 

 

Myungsoo seems to be thinking. ”If you tell me in Japanese to say it again, then I will.”

 

He’s satisfied with his decision to make her work a little instead of giving her free pleasure.

 

Cheonsa pouts, making Myungsoo smile so much that his faint dimple is showing. That goddamn dimple. How much she hates it. And loves it. She hates how it’s ruining her life.

 

Putting her chin in her hand, she thinks. She knows this, they literally used the phrase yesterday. They did some verbal exercises and Myungsoo had said it and she wondered what it meant and he told her. If she just hadn’t been so distracted by him she maybe would have remembered it. 

 

She shuts her eyes, trying to remember how Myungsoo’s plump lips were forming the words. ”Was it perhaps...” she speaks. ”Mō ichido, itte kudasai?”

 

Myungsoo gives her the thumbs up and Cheonsa almost fell down the chair out of happiness. Finally, something she didn’t mess up.

 

”Wow, I’m such a fantastic teacher,” Myungsoo praises himself.

 

”And I’m the best student ever,” Cheonsa smiles, patting herself on the shoulder. Myungsoo’s only response was a smile, or it could’ve been more, but Cheonsa didn’t let him speak, eagerly wanted to get what she worked so hard for. ”Say it now.”

 

Myungsoo knows exactly what she’s referring to and isn’t in the mood to argue that. ”Sudeni yoyaku o totte imasu,” he almost whispers, the meaning of ’we have a reservation’.

 

Cheonsa is almost by his Japanese, envying how he can be so good at it even though they’ve been reading it for the same amount of time. And he’s great at math, even though they’ve been reading the same math since Middle School. It’s ridiculous.

 

”How come you’re so smart,” Cheonsa mutters and sketches down some notes in her notebook. 

 

Myungsoo smiles, then shrugs without answering anything else. That’s just how he is, and Cheonsa honestly loves it. She loves that he’s quiet, she loves that even though he’s quiet, they won’t get awkward. She hates to admit it, but he really is the only love for her. She hates it, but she loves him.

 

Myungsoo too is enjoying himself these days. There was no problem for him to get friends in his class, since they were so few boys in his class that all of them hung out together, though none will replace the place in his heart for Sungyeol and Woohyun. Even though he loves them, Hoya is the one that he’s going to if a problem ever occurs. He never thought someone with the same feel as the three of them would appear in his life ever again. He thought that in the future, the only three people he wanted to show up at his wedding were these three (even though Myungsoo isn’t the one to think so far ahead of life). He’s admitting that he’s been kind of narrow minded, and he knows that he is. Woohyun always scolded him for being it. 

 

Little did he know that someone like Lee Cheonsa would turn up and change his view on his future. Being around other girls a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter