Don't they?

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You can’t be late today’ a text from Myungsoo reads on the display of Cheonsa’s phone as she woke up this morning. The morning of the test. The Japanese test that Cheonsa is so nervous about that she even dreamed in Japanese last night,

 

’I won’t’ Cheonsa answers, getting out of bed with a smile on her lips. She likes it, waking up to the thought of Myungsoo waking up to the thought of her. She feels like they’re connected, that it’s not one sided.

 

Cheonsa puts on her uniform, and when she’s done; she notices another notification.Another text from Myungsoo.

 

‘I’ll wait for you so we’ll go to the classroom together’.

 

Cheonsa answers with a smile on her face, the corners of her lips almost gettingall the way to her ears. ‘Gotcha’

 

~

 

”Who are you and what have you done to my Cheonsa?” is the first thing Myungsoo says to Cheonsa when they meet at their meeting place next to the lockers. As usual, he is leaning against her locker with his hands in his pocket. As Cheonsa gets close he moves a little so she’ll be able to open her locker.

 

”What about it?” Cheonsa asks cooly and opens her locker as she gets to it, knowing what Myungsoo is going to say beforehand. He’s too predictable.

 

And yes indeed. ”You’re only two minutes late?! Have this ever happened before?” Myungsoo says, looking so genuinely surprised that Cheonsa can’t help thinking how incredibly cute he really is. And at the same time incredibly annoying.

 

Today the weather was way too cold to walk Snowy, so Cheonsa basically just ran to school. The winter is coming soon this year. Soon and hard. ”I’m not the one asking for you to wait for me,” Cheonsa states, giving him ’the look’.

 

Myungsoo snorts playfully. ”Do you remember that one time I didn’t wait and you came 20 minutes late?”

 

”... No.” Cheonsa lies.

 

Cheonsa is horrible at lying. Myungsoo grins. ”There you go, you need me.”

 

Cheonsa changes the topic, knowing that she made a bad move to start this and that it will end ugly for her if she continues it. ”It’s lunch right after this, right?”

 

”Right,” Myungsoo answers and waits for Cheonsa to lock her locker before making their way to the classroom.

 

”It’s super cold outside, though, wonder if our balcony is locked or not,” Cheonsa shivers, rubbing her cold arms with her hands.

 

Myungsoo snorts. Again. ”Wouldn’t think so. Or else we’ll break it up.”

 

Cheonsa giggles. ”Great plan.”

 

They get to the classroom where the test is held, Cheonsa almost running to a seat next to a window. Myungsoo just snickers and takes the seat in front of hers. ”Some people never grow up.”

 

”Comes from the guy folding paper birds of the scribbling papers while waiting for the test to end.”

 

”I’m actually waiting for the slowest person ever to get done,” Myungsoo explains.

 

”You can’t mean me, right?” Cheonsa denies. ”I’m faster than the light.”

 

”Yeah, because the light is always late by at least 5 minutes,” Myungsoo laughs.

 

Then the teacher shuts them up, telling them to be quiet in the classroom. And so they are. Or, well, at least for a few seconds.

 

”Myungsoo,” Cheonsa leans forward and whispers in his ear.

 

He turns around, looks at her. ”Hm?”

 

”Fighting!”

 

He smiles. ”Yeah, fighting!”

 

~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter