You're the hopeless one

Some things change, some things don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the first day in school with individual language choices. When you applied to your high school, you could choose to read another language. If her memory is not playing her; you could choose between Chinese, Japanese and a special course in English. Since Cheonsa’s already pretty good at English; she chose Japanese. It’s their only class where the class splits. 

 

It’s not like it matters to her, to be honest. It’s still her first week in school and she’s not really close to anyone to be disappointed. If anything, maybe she can sit next to one of her classmates? And that way get close? 

 

While making her way to the classroom, she nods to herself. Yeah, that’s a good plan. Since she promised Myungsoo to not be alone, she has to hurry up and get someone to constantly be with. At the moment, she’s either alone or she jumps around; trying to find someone. 

 

Outside of the classroom, a lot of people are whispering, mostly girls. Or, on a second thought, only girls. It’s super-crowded, as well. Cheonsa notices that not all of these girls are from her class. Hm? Did she go wrong? Once again, she checks her location. No, she’s right?

 

Then it hits her; of course everyone from the first year who chose Japanese will be here! It’s the same course for them all anyways, and if they don’t merge all the classes together the Japanese class would’ve been too small. Same with the Chinese and extra-English.

 

When she gets closer, she’s able to hear the whispering.

 

”He’s so handsome! He looks like an actor or model,” they say.

 

Cheonsa’s heart twists. She’s used to this. She’s used to that phrase. On impulse, she pushes herself through the crowd and when she finally gets out of it, it’s indeed Myungsoo that she sees. 

 

She was going to call out to him, but then she freezes. He’s talking with her male friends. Her Middle School self is to be found once again. What if she’ll bother him? Or maybe he doesn’t want to be seen with her? 

 

Fortunately; before she has the chance to react, Myungsoo sees her. His face breaks out into a smile and Cheonsa has never been so close to fainting. He pushes himself through as well until he gets to her.

 

”Cheonsa!” he exclaims. ”What a surprise to find you here! Why didn’t you call me?”

 

She smiles shyly. ”I didn’t want to bother you, honestly.”

 

He snorts. ”How can you bother me, friends don’t bother each other?”

 

Friends. He said friends. She wishes he could say it again so she knows that she’s not dreaming or heard it wrong.

 

”I guess,” she answers after thinking out thoroughly what to say. She could think of anything better to say.

 

And she regrets it. Myungsoo actually gave up to be with his friends to be with her. At least she should be able to entertain him. 

 

”At least we have one class together,” she tries.

 

Myungsoo nods. ”I wish it’d be more, though.”

 

She can’t help but feel irritated. He shouldn’t flirt with her if he’s not going to take responsibility for his actions. After knowing him these few days, she knows that it’s a part of his personality.

 

”Me too,” Cheonsa says, carefully watching his reaction. None. He doesn’t react. ”But my reason is that I at making friends. At least you have a few.”

 

”Are you here to study or to make friends?” he suddenly says, taking Cheonsa by surprise. ”Shouldn’t one or two be enough? Can’t you be satisfied with just me?”

 

Oh no no no no. He took what she said wrong. She said something wrong. She curses at herself in her head. Why is it that the only thing she can do when she’s with Myungsoo is to complain? 

 

Say something quick, say something good. ”Don’t put words in my mouth,” oh she didn’t. She’s surprised with herself, but she can’t stop. ”It’s just that if you’re absent one day I’ll be eating my lunch alone, and it’d be great to have friends in my class so that I have someone to speak to on my breaks! I am more than satisfied with you, you jerk, and if I by any chance can’t focus on my studies it’s not because I want friends but-...” she interrupts herself before she tells the whole truth about how much she crushed on him in Middle school.

 

How much she loved him.

 

”... yeah,” she finishes, ashamed of herself. 

 

Myungsoo is shocked and Cheonsa doesn’t know what to do.

 

”So-...” just when she’s about to apologise, Myungsoo interrupts her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter