ChunJoe's Note #1

(BxB) 567's Notebook [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

That pale guy

Setting: Normal adult, vampire AU, fantasy, drama

That night

Chunji fisted his palm hard, suppressing the awakening pain inside his body. He turned away from the mirror next to his bed; hate to see himself right now. The paler white skin than the usual which made his blood vessels visible, the sharp nails, fangs and what he hated the most, his blue eyes. He growled as the pain strike him home again.

“Damn it, this curse.” Chunji breathed heavily, getting himself under control. He always did it by himself, but he knew this one night was not a joke. Being a mythical and dangerous living thing since he was born, he learnt one by one on how to suppress his own craving. He was taught by his parents to live without human’s blood or killing human for fresh blood. He was living well with the artificial blood developed by his late father that later he continued the invention. But the consequence of taking that, he had to bear a night in three months period which he will be in full pain and high fever. Adding to the case, he will be wilder and craving bloods yet possibility of he went out killing somebody is high.

He hated it so much, his craving and everything. He never could get rid of his enticing feels when he saw blood but he kept it under control with the help of the medicine founded by his father’s friend who he had been living with after he lost his parents until he graduated from university. But on that certain night, nothing could stop him. Medicine never gave hope, he had to control himself. Even so, he had doing his best so far, controlling himself from taking any human’s life. Somehow, God just love to . Tonight, it was different. Too much different from the previous nights. And he knew why he’s reacting like this. His new housemate is a holy blood (read the notes about holy blood in A/N).

“Chun-” The called male startled and turned to the door. He was surprised that the door he thought just locked was opened by someone. Someone that the last one he wanted to be there right now. The surprised look on the other male at the door triggered something deep inside him.

“Byunghun, don’t come in.”

“Wh- What hap- Agh!” The gasp came out from Byunghun’s lips as he was choked and slammed to the closed door. Chunji snapped from losing control and pulled back his hand.

“S- sorry, I didn’t mean to-” Chunji shook his head, stepping back in complete guilty face. Byunghun stayed froze on his feet. Chunji groaned as the pain hit him again. “Run, run Byunghun. Don- Argh!” Chunji growled and knocked the things on his study desk. Byunghun flinched to the sound.

“Chun- Chunji.”

“Go! Please go! It’s not safe for yo-” Chunji grabbed the desk, supporting himself. His smelling sense sharpened, he could sense the blood flowing inside Byunghun’s body. On the terrible nights, his senses will become more powerful and even surpass his actual ability. His head held up unconsciously. He was completely lost his control.

“Chun- ugh!” The roar heard and Byunghun’s back stuck to the door again. He wiggled and moved around to get free from the vampire in front of him. Byunghun coughed. He was praying that tonight wasn’t his last night…

 

 

Few weeks before

“Say hi to the new employee here, he’s coming from our branch in Busan.” The brown haired male beside the team leader bowed and flashed his smile.

“Annyeonghaseyeo, nice to meet you all. My name is Lee Byunghun, 24 years old. I hope we can work well.” The team members clapped their hands as the welcoming gesture. Byunghun smiled, the team leader introduced each of the members to Byunghun. They greeted him. While he was introduced, someone came into the office. Byunghun turned and the rest also followed.

“Yah, kid. You’re late.” The leader’s voice heard. Byunghun stared at the male who looked briefly at him then turned to the leader. The new worker noticed that that guy had very pale skin and somehow quite handsome. Byunghun snickered to himself inside, it’s my first day and yet I’m checking on my colleague already.

“I’ll be in the meeting room.” The pale guy said in flat tone. The leader sighed, regretting that rude act. Byunghun noticed the other members just rolled their eyes but didn’t say anything. The leader patted Byunghun’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry about that guy. He’s one of the team, Lee Chunji. I hope you won’t mind him much, it will be a headache. Just…ignore that fellow.” Byunghun blinked and nodded absentmindedly. The leader said few things to the other members and left to the meeting room. Byunghun was approached by a lady.

“Your seat is there.” Byunghun smiled to her. “Just call me Bomi. We’re the same age.” Byunghun nodded. “Ah, and about Chunji, I hope you take boss’s words seriously. You can’t mess with Chunji. Or bad consequence will come around.” Byunghun raised his brow. He wanted to ask more but Bomi already went back to her seat. Byunghun looked around and found he already left alone. He just shrugged and sat on his new seat. He arranged his things and started his first job. Somehow at one point, his mind kept playing around the pale guy, Lee Chunji.

‘He’s familiar.’

 

 

The next day

“Oh? Chunji ssi.” Chunji blinked as he opened the door. The male beside Byunghun at his door looked at them simultaneously.

“You two know each other? That’s great. Chunji ssi, this is your new housemate.” Chunji widened his eyes to the apartment’s owner.

“But ajusshi, I clearly told you I-”

“Sorry to say, it just happened that way. And well, you’re not paying my rent on time so I take in a new people just to make up the money. You can’t say no either, it’s my house anyway. The rent will be split among you two.” The male patted Byunghun’s back. “Get in. Here the key. Treat him well, Chunji ssi.” The male grinned and left. Byunghun looked at Chunji awkwardly. Chunji messed his hair.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, can I get in?”

“Do whatever you want but never touch my things or disturb me.” Chunji said coldly and walked inside. Byunghun exhaled and quietly stepped in. He was excited to know that pale guy is his new housemate but Chunji’s cold treatment; he still tried to get use to it.

 

 

A week later

“Aish, I should be more careful…” Byunghun cursed himself as he held his fingers. He was getting a cut from handling the papers. He let the water runs on the wound. Byunghun let out a small gasp when someone held his wrist too tightly and pulled it away from the water. His eyes levelled with the culprit. His mouth got dry when he noticed the very close distance. Byunghun was flustered. “What- I mean anything wrong, Chunji ssi?”

“Ah…ugh, nothing. I’m sorry.” Byunghun was left dumbfounded as he left quickly without saying anything more. Byunghun wrinkled, didn’t get it why Chunji suddenly held his hand. That pale guy was a weirdo. They had never talk since his first day and they even didn’t talk in the house, Chunji likely to hide in his room. Plus, his jobs until now never overlapped with Chunji. In conclusion, he had no connection to Chunji except being housemate. But somehow, his eyes just can’t take off from looking at that pale guy. His mind also wasn’t helping; he kept thinking and becoming curious of the other. Byunghun shook his head; he quickly treated the cut and continued his job.

 

 

A week before that night

Byunghun shifted in uncomfortable act. He was stared down by the pale guy. It was a scary stare, but somehow he felt attracted to it. He tried his hardest to ignore the stare but he can’t do much as his table just next to the pale guy.

The brown-haired guy did his best to ignore the stares and got his work done for that day. He was too immersed with self-conscious and his jobs making he didn’t even realize it’s time to go home and yet he w

Please log in to read the full chapter