Keo's Note #1

(BxB) 567's Notebook [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Lay me under your gun

Setting: Assassin, romance, slight angst || Notes: For the prompt [Keo Assassin AU]

The shadow hid silently behind the wall. The gun tightly held in the possession. Some rattling sound heard few steps on the left. It was a dead silence in that area but people were hiding, that was a known fact to all the living human there.

He had been on guard since the first gunshot was shot. He was more than sure that the other members alerted to it too. He guessed their enemy noticed their presence. A buzzing sound heard through his communicator. An unclear voice heard, even it’s unclear but he knew who is it. The leader for the whole mission.

“L-Leo, do *bizz* hear *bizz* move *bizz* plan B. *bizz* Leo, please *bizz* me *bizz* plan B. *bizz* move to *bizz* B.” He breathed out before pressing a tiny button in his sleeve, sending signal he got the message as well as alerting his other teammates of the plan changing. He his breathe, held it in as the metal clashing sound and footsteps was just a breath away on his left. When he thought he was almost caught, a voice hissed making the sound stopped.

“Hoshi, retreat. There’s ambush on the left wing.” Together with that, the footsteps walked away and faded. Leo released his breath, but still on his guard. He waited for a minute to check the surrounding before began his move. He knew it was some of his teammates doing, leaving the right wing clear without any guards. They had known this place will have a day where they’re lack of guards outside and it’s today.

“Leo, did you get in?” Leo heard a clear voice but definitely a different voice. His partner in this mission. He pressed a button on his sleeve.

“Almost. Are you at the left wing?”

“Yup, Ravi is going insane with everything. You need a cover there?”

“No, I will be fine. It’s plan B anyway, N will come down to the ground soon.”

“Okay, got it. Be careful, buddy. You have 15 minutes sharp.”

“Okay. You be careful too, Kong.” Leo turned off the communicator, knowing it will be easily detected if he went inside with it turning on. The place was highly technological and sensitive to the signals. He didn’t want to get caught even though Seol already hacked the security system, he didn’t want to risk himself. Leo looked around before sneaked in, avoiding any possible threat on his way. He had to do this alone and it’s more practically good if he done it less than 15 minutes. He got on some stairs, always checking his surroundings. He wildly searched for his mission target. The one he has to kill.

‘He will be wearing a white mask with some diamonds for that private meeting. Make sure you stay out of vision when you sneak in. Hyuk has been disguised as the secretary for one of the meeting board; he will let you into the meeting hall.’ Leo remembered the instruction. He had reached the right floor currently.

Leo quickly dodged the flying knife. Just lucky, it was an inch from his cheek. Leo turned to the direction, realizing a male stood in the middle of hallway. “You need some more years of practice to fool me around, Mr. Assassin.” Leo smirked.

“Well, maybe.” Leo walked a step forward. “Nice meeting you again, S.Coups.” The male rolled his eyes and sneakily threw another knife. Leo managed to dodge it. S.Coups growled.

“Damn with your sense.” Leo chuckled.

“Well, mister. You should give up on protecting your boss. We will win anyway.” The enemy scoffed.

“Not in a million year.” Leo quickly took out his knife from his boot, keeping his gun into its holder on his belt and stopped S.Coups’s double knives. He pushed back the other and jumped back for a distance. S.Coups smirked. “Seemed like you’re armed with knives now.”

“Just because you’re my enemy again. Guns are no fun anymore while facing you.” Leo said and launched an attack. S.Coups dodged it and Leo moved pass the latter. The male wrinkled when Leo snickered before taking few steps further away. “Sorry to say, this time I won’t waste my time with you. Enjoy the fight with N.” S.Coups wrinkled but he quickly ducked down when he heard movements. N was standing behind him with his special weapon, chained blades. The blades passed through him and retreated back to N’s hand in the help of the chains. S.Coups cursed.

“Bastard.” S.Coups cursed while Leo laughed and ran forward, leaving S.Coups and N with their fight. Leo stayed hidden with rushed steps, knowing he used up too much time back there. Maybe he could blame for N’s lateness anyway. Leo arrived at the door and pressed another button in his sleeve. Being careful with his surroundings, he waited for the door to open. Taking a mask in his small bag, he put it on. The door opened and Leo threw a grenade inside. The smoke filled the room and Leo barged in. Hyuk was standing beside the door, a similar mask on his face. Leo exchanged look with the younger. Hyuk pointed to the left before nodding, evacuated. Leo moved to the left, finding the man he should kill. His steps halted when a cold metal pressed on his scalp.

“Give up, Leo.” Leo stiffened. That voice-

“K-Ken?” Leo tried to turn, to make sure he was wrong. But a bark made him stiffened again.

“Don’t move or the bullet goes through your head!” Leo stayed in place. His back was still to the other male.

“H-how? Why you’re here?” Leo asked, his mind went berserk thinking of every possibility about why the male was there too. A tiny chuckle heard. Leo felt his heart clenched.

“I…got a mission.” Leo stayed silent, waiting a bit nervously to the next word. “To kill whoever trying to kill Mr. Jack.” Leo felt his world stop at those words.

“K-Ken…you’re joking right? Hey, we’re from the same organization. How could-”

“You’re wrong, Leo. Very wrong.” Leo clutched his gun. Ken pressed his gun harder. Leo stopped moving. “Jaemin. Lee Jaemin.” Leo startled. “All this long, he’s the one with Rovix.”

“N-no…he is top assassin in Red.” Ken snickered.

“You messed it up, Leo. That’s me, Ken not Ren. Red’s top assassin is Ken.” Leo widened his eyes.

“W-what?”

“My poor brother covered up for me. And yeah, no one knows. N and the higher-ups were tricked up too by us.” Leo can’t hide his shock. Ken chuckled. “Just a stupid game and I let my brother die on your hand.” Leo hissed as the gun jabbed his head.

“S-so…how about us?” At that, Leo felt the other stiffened by the tip of the gun. But it’s just a mere second before a laugh erupted.

“You think it’s real? Fool.” Leo bit his lips. He wrinkled as he heard noises in his communicator. Leo didn’t know since when but probably he accidentally turned it on just now.

“Leo, what are you doing?! It’s almost time. One minute more! Seol said it will be hard to hack their security system for the second time. Finish your job now!” His partner’s voice heard. Leo hissed. He took a breath wait before moving quickly, knocked Ken’s hand. Leo stepped back, now facing Ken. Both of them raised the gun simultaneously, pointing at each other.

“I never want this but in order to finish my mission, I never consider anything else but success.” Ken smirked.

“We’re on the same page.” Leo felt his lump was too bitter to be swallowed. Their eyes matched each other for a split second before the voices in Leo’s communicator rang in his ears.

“40 seconds, dude!” / “Leo! Retreat now! Leave your mission!” / “Leo hyung! Guards are coming up, get out now!” / “Jung Leo, yah! Do you hear me? Get out from there now!”

“Guess your friends are calling.” Leo smirked.

“It’s not important right now. My mission is more important.” Ken raised his brow, playfully amused.

“Well, my backup is coming up. Minus S.Coups as I heard N knocked him off.” Leo hissed.

“Seventeen

Please log in to read the full chapter